Trade: Flacco dealt to the Broncos

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wow Elway is ****ing dumb. Baltimore gets out of that deal scot free and the Broncos are stuck with arguably the worst QB in the league given his cap hit.

Specifics wise: Baltimore eats a 16 million dollar dead cap penalty this year but gets the rest of that monstrosity off their books. Denver will be paying upwards of 40 million for Flacco and Keenum assuming they don't find someone stupid to take that deal or just outright don't cut him.

I'm going to laugh if the Broncos had to give up any value.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
source.gif

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
thanks for the SB title joe

that said, i'm surprised the ravens were able to actually get something in return for him

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
Apparently the Broncos new HC was pushing for this. Also Kubiak was advising Elway that Flacco would be a good pickup.

Joe wasnt great but was a warrior that raised his game in the playoffs. He also wasn't surrounded with good receivers since the SB team. Best of luck Joe. I'm glad we could get a 4th for him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Broncos didn't pay much and its an upgrade over what they had at QB

With pieces they have on D an improved offense with Flacco at QB could easily see Broncos back to WC team

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
flacco already has already pulled off his greatest moment at mile high and he hasn't even played a single down for the broncos

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Because it's so easy finding a QB.

He's a place holder for Drew Lock.

Why not save the pick and cap space and just have Keenum be the place holder? They're basically the same guy at this point with Keenum being the shorter and more mobile version.

This is yet another Elway QB decision I don't get.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Why not save the pick and cap space and just have Keenum be the place holder? They're basically the same guy at this point with Keenum being the shorter and more mobile version.

Elway is good at picking other positions on the team except QB.

I think he believes the Broncos are in a win now situation so they are getting that veteran quarterback. If he drafts a QB this draft, he’s gonna be on the bench learning

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Agreed. This is basically a lateral move.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

not sure if it's best for locker room morale to have keenum back making big bucks after he was so terrible last year.

stupid move but it has the side benefit that it means keenum is gone.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
SRS question here:

Does Elway still have a job(or is shifted to another role) with the Broncos if he failed to sign Peyton Manning?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad