Trade: Flacco dealt to the Broncos

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Does Keenum have any trade value? If you look at the cap situation, Joe is 18.5M and Keenum will be/would have been 21M, if they trade him he only counts 3M against the cap. So it's only a 500k increase in cap space for a marginal upgrade at QB. Flacco obviously has the track record and would be a better mentor for the QB DEN drafts and is still probably the better QB at this point.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Aside from the Broncos there isn't a good D in that Div. He will be OK.
AFC North knew him like the back of their hand.
This is a bridge till whatever Rookie the draft is ready and he will be let go.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm not even sure this is even an upgrade from Keenum, if it is it's marginal at best. IDC if they only traded a 4th, this is a stupid move.

Baltimore wins this deal even for a 7th.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
So they would have traded a 2nd and a 4th to "upgrade" from Kennum to Flacco? That's awful.

Yeah that would be pretty bad. I would think they would just release him before giving up a 2nd round pick and live with the less cap space for one year. Releasing him would make his cap hit 10M vs 3M if they were able to trade him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Keenum is only signed through next season and is only guaranteed $7M. Their best bet on both sides might be to re-work the deal. By comparison, Osweiler had 3 years left.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Aside from the Broncos there isn't a good D in that Div. He will be OK.
AFC North knew him like the back of their hand.
This is a bridge till whatever Rookie the draft is ready and he will be let go.

I know they got smoked by the Patriots but the Chargers defense is good. Just need to stay healthy.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Flacco gets to much flak. Guy is still a good QB who should be a good placeholder for him at the Broncos QB position until they get a good QB of the future.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Flacco gets to much flak. Guy is still a good QB who should be a good placeholder for him at the Broncos QB position until they get a good QB of the future.
Flacco is dog shit. The fact that a guy who completes 50% of his passes stole his job should be an indication of that.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Apparently the Broncos new HC was pushing for this. Also Kubiak was advising Elway that Flacco would be a good pickup.

Not shocking; Kubiak was his OC in BAL for 1 year before taking the Broncos job.

SRS question here:

Does Elway still have a job(or is shifted to another role) with the Broncos if he failed to sign Peyton Manning?

Depends how well they do with Tebow at QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad