Confirmed Trade: [FLA/VAN] Olli Juolevi for Noah Juulsen and Juho Lammikko

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
No he isn't. He's a pure plug. Offensive black hole and subpar elsewhere.

Not really. He clearly tries to be rough, forecheck, and play defense, but he can't keep up and just ends up taking penalties.

What? No, he's solid defensively, has played on our pk and hits.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
Watching Juolevi play is like watching a 55 year old. I think he pretty well knows what to do in most situations but has almost no physical skillset to actually accomplish it. Can't do all the important skating things that make for a good......skater

Reactions: Grantham

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Meh, I would have rather kept those two. Nucks fans will like Lammer, he won't score.a lot but he's good defensively and gritty.

Juulsen wasn’t gonna play for us all that much, and we have several depth guys and kids pushing for time…if this truly is a “bad” Zito trade, I’ll take it over something bigger.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Juulsen was terrible and Lammikko is a solid depth player. I like the trade more for Vancouver but this is ultimately a nothing move for Florida, depth dman for depth dman and depth forward.

sums it up, I like Lammikko the most of all 3 but yeah.
Before his injury, Juulsen have been a pretty good defenseman.

Can say the same about Juolevi, though I think he's still got a chance to be useful.

Whats the story with Juulsen? What does he bring?

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
2 contracts for one. Clears up some space for Florida to grab someone? Though they are well under the 50 contract limit.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't care for Juulsen at all.

Lammikko, I admit, I know nothing about.

I had no hope for Juolevi, and at present, I am still disappointed in the return. I hope Lammikko can turn into a useful player for us, but this has been another wasted pick, wasted potential of a player, and now the acquisition of a lesser player otherwise.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Can say the same about Juolevi, though I think he's still got a chance to be useful.

Whats the story with Juulsen? What does he bring?

I assume he will be filling Brady Keepers role in Abby as a 8th Dman for the Canucks and top pairing for Abby.

I think Burroughs is going to make the team

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Juulsen is very good defensive D-man, great shot, two-way defenseman, talent to become a very solid top 4 defenseman.

I assume he will be filling Brady Keepers role in Abby as a 8th Dman for the Canucks and top pairing for Abby.

I think Burroughs is going to make the team

Right handed DFD sounds exactly like what we need. And I assume he skates fairly well? (Atleast better than Schenn). Whats held him back so far?

Likely goes to Abby, but maybe he gets a look.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Juulsen wasn’t gonna play for us all that much, and we have several depth guys and kids pushing for time…if this truly is a “bad” Zito trade, I’ll take it over something bigger.

I cant believe people getting mad over this (dont mean you Laus723)

We unloaded two contracts (cap space)

I predict Juolevi will be waived within 1-2 weeks if not right away to be sent down to AHL

This was a Zito move to just get rid of contracts (salary)

Zito is just playing 3d chess again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad