Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Panthers sign free agent F Anton Levtchi (1 year, $842.5k, two-way)

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Levtchi could be a darkhorse for the 3rd line. Levtchi-Lundell-Reinhart. Levtchi is very good in the offensive zone, but his defensive game could be better. He is not very fast. On the cycle this could be a useful 3rd line offensively, as Lundell is already pretty good on the defensive side and can cover for the other 2. I still am not convinced he will make the team, but Levtchi is a late bloomer and has gotten better every year.
He doesnt have the skillset for playing 4th line. The only way he will make it is if Panthers will try use 3 scoring lines.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Levtchi could be a darkhorse for the 3rd line. Levtchi-Lundell-Reinhart. Levtchi is very good in the offensive zone, but his defensive game could be better. He is not very fast. On the cycle this could be a useful 3rd line offensively, as Lundell is already pretty good on the defensive side and can cover for the other 2. I still am not convinced he will make the team, but Levtchi is a late bloomer and has gotten better every year.
He doesnt have the skillset for playing 4th line. The only way he will make it is if Panthers will try use 3 scoring lines.
That's what we did last season, use 3 scoring lines. A lot remains to be seen though, like who will be the coach and which UFAs return. If both Marchment and Giroux are re-signed there is obviously not a place for Levtchi. If one is re-signed, he has a shot, but would still have to compete with Mamin if he's re-signed.

Reactions: jonlin

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
That's what we did last season, use 3 scoring lines. A lot remains to be seen though, like who will be the coach and which UFAs return. If both Marchment and Giroux are re-signed there is obviously not a place for Levtchi. If one is re-signed, he has a shot, but would still have to compete with Mamin if he's re-signed.

You can always rotate.

Reactions: harv33173

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Giroux need to much $$. I`d sign Marchment, but not Giroux. Huby needs to be re-signed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Giroux need to much $$. I`d sign Marchment, but not Giroux. Huby needs to be re-signed
Huberdeau doesn't need to be fit under the cap until 2023. It's possible to get Giroux signed to a reasonable deal if some money is moved out. Options include Bob, Duclair, and others.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I'd be really surprised if this guy becomes an NHL player. Most of these "Liiga stars" don't.
If I was a Panthers fan, I would have almost no expectations.

Reactions: Kipper933

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Huberdeau doesn't need to be fit under the cap until 2023. It's possible to get Giroux signed to a reasonable deal if some money is moved out. Options include Bob, Duclair, and others.
With 3M in cap and 17/23 players signed it will be about impossible to sign Giroux, Marchment, Mamin etc. Even if Duclair get traded there will have to be other trades too. Giroux could possible be signed for 1yr, but a longer contract isnt possible without loosing Huby. At this point, I`d trade Weegar, Duclair, Hornqvist for solid stay-at-home D:s.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Is Hornqvist getting bought out or not do you think?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
With 3M in cap and 17/23 players signed it will be about impossible to sign Giroux, Marchment, Mamin etc. Even if Duclair get traded there will have to be other trades too. Giroux could possible be signed for 1yr, but a longer contract isnt possible without loosing Huby. At this point, I`d trade Weegar, Duclair, Hornqvist for solid stay-at-home D:s.
It's definitely possible to sign Giroux long term. Hornqvist is likely to be bought out. Weegar probably will not be re-signed anyway as that ties up too much money in the D. Other candidates to be traded besides Duclair are Bob, Gudas, Montour. I'm not saying it's likely, but possible? Yes, it is possible.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Congrats! another Finn to Florida.

26 goals, 61 points this season in 55 games
another 10 points in the play-offs
Liiga MVP

6 foot 0 / 190 lbs

He is 26 years old

Goodt move by the Panthers.
If he doesn't pan out they lose nothing.
On the other hand he could be an asset.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad