Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Nikita Gusev signs with the Panthers (1 year, $1M)

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Worth a shot you never know especially when he knows it could be his last opportunity to show something for an NHL contract next year.....He has skills it just didn't work out with this system....Time will tell.

Reactions: Laus723

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Didn’t say he’s a star but he adds depth.
Their current #1Rw is 26y who had 4 NHL games under his belt this season.
Depth without skill is senseless. A warm body and beating heart does not do anything. He has likely played his last NHL game. Just does not bring enough to the ice for anyone to give him a chance. 5 points in 20 games an offence starved Devils team tried to trade him then just bought him out. If that is not enough indication,

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Depth without skill is senseless. A warm body and beating heart does not do anything. He has likely played his last NHL game. Just does not bring enough to the ice for anyone to give him a chance. 5 points in 20 games an offence starved Devils team tried to trade him then just bought him out. If that is not enough indication,

Nobody was taking him with that contract.
He’ll get a mill or something today.

& Again have you seen the 1Rw for Florida?
For a mill this doesn’t hurt them at all, gives a more offensively skilled option for that Rw spot

Reactions: JEFFREY87

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
Proves Nikita is a proud hockey player and a great human being. He agreed to terminate his contract to sign one that pays 4 times less in order to prove himself.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Proves Nikita is a proud hockey player and a great human being. He agreed to terminate his contract to sign one that pays 4 times less in order to prove himself.
or he collected most of that contract anyways then signs in tax free Florida for more than what was remaining on the contract he terminated
didn't realize it was prorated

Last edited:
Reactions: VVP

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I like this signing for the Panthers. New Jersey is where offense goes to die this year. Gusev playing with an elite C will be huge. He seems like a good complementary player with high hockey sense, finish and decent passing. If he has a guy doing the dirty work and also drive the play, he'll produce.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Worth a shot for fl and didn't cost them any assets. I feel like fl was one of the few places that might work well for Gusev. I hope he works out for them just not when they play tampa lol.

VVP

Oct 7, 2017
Don't know Florida situation much but if Gusev will get some minutes with elite finisher who finds an open position to receive a pass - Gusev will be finding him. If he plays in such position I could see Gusev getting 15 more points in the remaining season, that is triple of what he got on NJ team, playing with scrubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad