Proposal: FLA - Minny

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Bjugstads playoff performance more than likely has him safe from trades.

I assume you think McCann could fill the 3rd line center role?

I'll pass, but I admit I have no clue who Olofsson is.

Strachan23

Feb 6, 2013
Miami
Don't get it for Florida

Gives them some more roster flexibility with McCaan centering the 3rd line, along with Nino. A more defensive minded defenseman for the AHL club with the possibility to call him up at some point. With the puck movers they have someone whos more stay at home is nice to look forward to at some point. Gives Minny the home town guy who I'm sure will end up there eventually, which it'd be better to get him now than later in his career. Stats wise he's about equal to Nino but probably has more upside with his size down the middle.

Strachan23

Feb 6, 2013
Miami

2nd rounder in 2014, he's more of a stay at home guy. Probably not as good as Gudbranson was (Don't think he's as physical), but not a bad guy for a teams lineup. Probably going to be a 4-5 guy, he can put up a few points but not going to be flashy or anything.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I dont think Florida would consider this.

Bjugstads on a great contract and McCann isn't proven yet.

Goose312

May 15, 2015

Olofsson is a solid stay at home defender who has some good puck movement, but due to injury hasn't gotten a lot of exposure the last 2 seasons. Some Wild fans put him as the potential replacement for Brodin after a trade, he likely ends up an NHL player with potential to be a 2nd pair guy. He's just such a question mark right now due to his recent injury history and lack of NHL time to date.

Bjugstad has been brought up on the Wild boards before and he's a pretty polarizing player among fans. Some love him for his size, shooting mentality and hometown connections, others not so much. I think a lot of fans will think the asking price is too high in this case. Nino is tied or above Coyle as the best young player on the Wild roster.

The addition of Staal at this point makes this near a non-starter for the Wild.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
As a Wild fan, I'd probably do this, even though Nino is awesome.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Tough one... I think Niederreiter is poised to see a dramatic increase in points next season. It would be nice to have Bjugstad centering our 2nd/3rd line though.

I'd negotiate for a different d-man; Olofsson (if he can stop getting injured) will be a regular NHLer in the next couple seasons.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
prior to adding staal big nick was my 2nd choice after RNH. now that we added staal & drafted 2 C's i just dont see the need to give up a 20G scorer like nino. even though im a huge bjugstad fan , i'll pass on this trade.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Nino/ Bjugstad are a relative wash. Nino's been a bit more productive, Bjugstad plays the more important position.

So then it's a 3rd for Olloffsson. And i'm just not sure how you value a player that 2 years ago looked like he would for sure be in the NHL within a year. But has basically been injured 90% of the time since.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Not bad at all. Pre Staal I'd probably say yes. Now, I'd like to keep our size at wing until Tuch looks ready.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nino/ Bjugstad are a relative wash. Nino's been a bit more productive, Bjugstad plays the more important position.

So then it's a 3rd for Olloffsson. And i'm just not sure how you value a player that 2 years ago looked like he would for sure be in the NHL within a year. But has basically been injured 90% of the time since.

Bjugstad is also locked in at $4.1M for another 5 years, whereas Nino has to be re-negotiated this summer.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No from this Wild fan. Nino is an aggressive scorer who is a pest around the crease. As much Bjugstad would be welcome, can't lose Nino, and his intensity on this low energy team. In a vacuum, their value is near equal. Nino has zero injury concerns...not so much Nick.

Olofsson is worth more holding onto till we see what he is. If he delivers on his promise, he could be a future top 4 Dman that will allow us to trade a Brodin/Scandella and not feel the pain too much. He should see some time with the big club this year. A 3rd does nothing for us.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
For all the senseless trades proposed on this site, this one's decent in terms of value and need as well. Still, don't see either team willing to move on this. Florida loves Bjugstad, Minny really like Nino.....

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd like to acquire Nino because we could put Smith on top line next year and have Nino slot in on 2nd line with Trocheck but we need Bjugstad on the 3rd line.

No thank you from this Panthers fan.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
:wild

Gustav Olofsson
Nino Niederreiter

:panthers

Nick Bjugstad
2017 3rd Round Pick

what-sorcery-is-this.jpg

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Another homer trade. How is he an upgrade over Haula?

Staal is contracted for 3 years and Koivu for 2. Koivu will probably sign a low money extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad