Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] D Oliver Ekman-Larsson signs with the Panthers (1 year, $2.25M)

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
I like it. Only 1 year so no risk involved. Can maybe cover for Ekblad/Montour in the top 4 to start the year then shift into the 3rd pairing when everybodys healthy.

Reactions: Laus723

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
I like it. Only 1 year so no risk involved. Can maybe cover for Ekblad/Montour in the top 4 to start the year then shift into the 3rd pairing when everybodys healthy.

It’s a great opportunity for him to rebound with a stronger team. Affordable show me deal bolsters the Panthers defence. Don’t think he replaces Staal as brought up, as they will have different roles with the team. It should allow them to spread out minutes and brings another experienced player in to help cover during injury depletions.

Reactions: Panteras

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Prove it deal, only year, little more than I hoped we’d sign him for but figured he was coming.

Yeah.

I wonder what happens if he has another bad season. Would he go back to Sweden? I guess he could sign another cheap contract somewhere in the NHL but one wonders. That would be like the fourth underwhelming season in a row.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Good deal for both sides. There’s a chance OEL can still be a top 4 d-man in the right situation, that was just unlikely to happen in Vancouver.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I like it. He should fit in pretty well stylistically. Guys like Forsling and Montour are thriving there and they both share some similarities with OEL's game, in the past at least.

Also can't be a bad thing mentally to join a SC finalist after years of misery.

I don't know the details on how he's been as of late and especially after that injury, but if he can bounce back this should work pretty well. And if not, well he basically just signed a pretty standard 3rd pairing deal in terms of AAV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad