Confirmed Trade: [FLA/BUF] Brandon Montour for 2021 3rd round pick

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
asset management by buffalo is putrid. not saying montour and staal had a ton of trade value and you can never have too many draft picks, but evaluating what they got back, what they paid to acquire some of those players, and the state of that franchise, it's like watching a 13 car pile up on an icy road

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
asset management by buffalo is putrid. not saying montour and staal had a ton of trade value and you can never have too many draft picks, but evaluating what they got back, what they paid to acquire some of those players, and the state of that franchise, it's like watching a 13 car pile up on an icy road

Eh the staal trade was fine asset management.

Montour was awful asset management BUT by a different front office. And its the sunk cost fallacy if you don't trade montour because of what someone else paid for him years ago. It becomes irrelevant.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Eh the staal trade was fine asset management.

Montour was awful asset management BUT by a different front office. And its the sunk cost fallacy if you don't trade montour because of what someone else paid for him years ago. It becomes irrelevant.
I'm definitely not advocating they shouldn't be moving guys like montour, just more voicing that when you line up all the pieces after players like montour come full circle, it's mind boggling how bad the missteps have been in buffalo the last 15 years

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I'm definitely not advocating they shouldn't be moving guys like montour, just more voicing that when you line up all the pieces after players like montour come full circle, it's mind boggling how bad the missteps have been in buffalo the last 15 years

Oh, it has been bad. Scary bad

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
That's why you need to pull things apart, fill the holes as best as you can, and move forward with whoever you can pick up along the way.

The fortunes of a rebuild. Yeah, an unplanned rebuild but it is what it is.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
So a buy-low on a younger guy with potential, who'll essentially be a band-aid player for a playoff run since Ekblad is out. I could still see them going for Savard as someone else mentioned, just to have a defensive duo next to Weegar.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
A prospect no one claimed on waivers this year.

if you want to blast them for trading “their top d prospect” acknowledge they evaluated him correctly.
So far that trade was meh. Nobody won, nobody lost. Just a bunch of whatever. We (Ducks) still have some hope with the pick

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
So a buy-low on a younger guy with potential, who'll essentially be a band-aid player for a playoff run since Ekblad is out. I could still see them going for Savard as someone else mentioned, just to have a defensive duo next to Weegar.
Potential? He turns 27 tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad