Confirmed Trade: [FLA/ARZ] Bolland + Crouse for 2nd + 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForSpareParts*

This is an extremely terrible deal for FLA.

Lose with Bolland signing and now lose by dumping him with Crouse.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Panthers can afford to lose some youth as they have a lot of it. They also wanted to continue to free up cap space now and moving forward. About $24 mil of room for 17/18 as it stands with really only the big Huberdeau raise hanging out there (14 players signed). 9-10 mil free for this season (about 5 mil if you want to avoid possible bonus penalties going into 17/18). Panthers are in good shape moving forward cap wise, youth wise and pick wise.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They must really want to get rid of Bolland's contract.

Of course they do. They seem to be going all in and clearing his contract is going to give them a lot of flexibility. I don't know were Crouse is with his development, but the Panthers can afford to lose him with all the youth they have up front. Getting a 2nd and a 3rd back helps ease the blow of losing a young prospect as well.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
It wasn't magic. He paid through the nose to get rid of that contract. Today is a net loss for the franchise because it cost the panthers their best forward prospect to get rid of a mistake

While I agree it was a huge mistake to sign Bolland to that contract in the first place, I'm just not that much of a believer in Crouse. He hasn't played in the NHL and his stock is still fairly high at the moment... it's the reason the Panthers were able to get rid of Bolland's contract. I just don't see him becoming anything more than a bottom-6 forward. I guess only time will tell when it comes to what Crouse can become, but Florida just opened up a significant amount of cap space and gained a contract spot. For a team that's on the verge on contending, I think that's much more valuable.

EDIT: FYI, I think this is a fair deal for both sides. Both teams get exactly what they want.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Wow. It's the trade everyone talks about that never actually happens. Bad contract plus good asset for bag of pucks. I guess everybody is a winner.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
This trade just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

According to General Fanager the Panthers now have 9+ million in cap space. They could have easily waited another year and gotten more "value" for Bolland next year.

Another trade coming? Rick Nash perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad