Not open for further replies.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
He's the #4 most likely

The way I see it is
Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Demers
Pysyk-Petrovic

I would have figured pysyk in that top 4 considering that Kulikov was dealt for him but you know
better than me.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
I haven't read through this whole thread, but I still don't fully understand this trade from florida's POV. If Bolland was going to be on LTIR, what's the rush to give up such a good prospect to dump him? Especially if it's true that insurance pays like 85% of his salary on LTIR.

I'm not sure it was a rush so much as a limited opportunity. They see the contract as a liability (rightly so) and know that they are otherwise going to be icing a competitive team going forward. Rowe and co. want every cent of the cap available and passing up this chance to dump the contract means it could be an entire year before that chance pops up again. Maybe two or three years. It could also be before the TDL. Feeling lucky?

Why let Crouse go? The boy wonder pushed hard for him, and there's some talk that the cats management group wasn't blown away by him at development camp.

I'm rambling now - but given the high value this management team places on picks and our very strong depth at LW I don't imagine anyone is too heartbroken with the outcome. Well, too heartbroken with the value. The need to deal a prospect to paper over a 5.5 AAV mistake is never good.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I'm not sure it was a rush so much as a limited opportunity. They see the contract as a liability (rightly so) and know that they are otherwise going to be icing a competitive team going forward. Rowe and co. want every cent of the cap available and passing up this chance to dump the contract means it could be an entire year before that chance pops up again. Maybe two or three years. It could also be before the TDL. Feeling lucky?

Why let Crouse go? The boy wonder pushed hard for him, and there's some talk that the cats management group wasn't blown away by him at development camp.

I'm rambling now - but given the high value this management team places on picks and our very strong depth at LW I don't imagine anyone is too heartbroken with the outcome. Well, too heartbroken with the value. The need to deal a prospect to paper over a 5.5 AAV mistake is never good.

Bolland was probably never going to be able to go on LTIR.... He'll play his 20 horrible games a season at random times and the cats knew this.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Coyotes rushed him which was very stupid. He should've been in the OHL dominating, not on an NHL 4th line just trying to survive. Stupid asset management. There's still some upside, but there's no telling how badly damaged he is from irresponsible decisions made by the team. Our GM reports to our HC and our HC is a moron. So there you have it.

I hope we can finally fire Tippett now that his buddy Drummond has been bought out (the idiot responsible for extending our entire pathetic coaching staff). And once Tippett is fired, hopefull we get a smart coach who sticks Crouse in the AHL and allows him to discover a scoring touch (if there's still one buried in there somewhere).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln