Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Anthony Duclair signs with the Panthers (1 year, $1.7M)

Jul 6, 2016
Duclair reminds me of Drouin. They can be very hot for a while, and dead cold for even longer. Their Junior type game did not translate well at NHL level.

Reactions: Luckylarry

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not everyone makes every decision in their life based on money. The poster you quoted makes a good point. Maybe he didn't want to be in Ottawa at all. There's far more to life than money.

Like what? He has no family and is on his 6th team now. What exactly is he looking for.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Like what? He has no family and is on his 6th team now. What exactly is he looking for.

What I've gathered from the interview Duclair did on 31 thoughts:

- learn the agent side of the game by representing himself. He wants to become an agent.

- play where he is wanted. Bill Zito called more than anyone else did.

- get a long term contract. Ottawa DID NOT offer him a long term deal, so he's going to a fresh stop to prove himself once again.

- he also had a lot of nice things to say about the Panthers team and organization, but not much that you wouldn't hear from any signee on a new club.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
What I've gathered from the interview Duclair did on 31 thoughts:

- learn the agent side of the game by representing himself. He wants to become an agent.

- play where he is wanted. Bill Zito called more than anyone else did.

- get a long term contract. Ottawa DID NOT offer him a long term deal, so he's going to a fresh stop to prove himself once again.

- he also had a lot of nice things to say about the Panthers team and organization, but not much that you wouldn't hear from any signee on a new club.
He’s betting on playing with Barkov and Huberdeau: Bjugstad put up 49 points in their wing and Dadonov averaged 70 (he put up about .75 pts/60 more with them
Than without) If he puts up say 60 or 70 for the next two seasons (RFA rights), he’ll make a pretty amount as an UFa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad