Confirmed with Link: FLA acquires Sam Bennett and 6th rounder from CGY, for prospect Emil Heineman and 2nd rounder

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Full analysts on TSN and Sportsnet dislike this deal for Florida very much. Really don't have anything good to say about him. Sportsnet guys are even wondering how he would fit into this team's top four centres. Supposedly he has big-time attitude issues and his nickname is Grumpy.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
If Bennett can find his game why not. Put him on a line with Barky and Gusev, let him do the dirty work and maybe Barky can get them both going.

If not he can slot into the bottom 6 very well.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bennett is a playoff performer, a bit like Foligno, but actually with better hands, and a pretty lethal and accurate shot. I don’t understand the pessimism, ESPECIALLY from the “pro-Hall-let’s-overlook-his-shitty-play-but-nobody-else’s-because-Hall-is-such-a-stud-even-if-he’s-not” crowd.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Lol. Bennett is more than a rental though.

Damn thats kinda steep though.

Bennett is an RFA, two 2nd round picks for him? That is waaaaaay too high of a price to pay what in the f***

Unless they see him as a piece moving forward thats steep.

Zito clearly sees Bennett as a good piece moving forward for the Florida Panthers.

Not cheap, but I dig this trade. Always liked Sam Bennett !

Reactions: Great8Cam

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Plus:
  1. Center depth is our problem. Forcing Cookie to be a 3C hasn't worked
  2. Price is similar to Janmark who went for a 2nd+3rd
  3. RFA; can re sign
  4. Playoff beast
  5. Heineman is an interesting prospect but odds are against him.
  6. I irrationally dislike Heineman
Negatives
  1. Might need to protect (although I wouldn't mind if he was picked)
  2. Limited offense in NHL
  3. This payment is similar in value to Foligno or Hall...

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
This thread is pretty negative so far.

Have you guys not learned to trust in the Zit?

Until I'm proven otherwise, that man can do no wrong and I welcome any and all additions to this team : )
That's the spirit. It is tough to get excited about a player who was picked at #4 and has topped out at 36 points and never had a season with a plus rating. He has been more productive in the playoffs and that player type often blooms a bit later, so why not trust that we can cash in on yet another reclamation project.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad