Confirmed with Link: FLA acquires forward Sam Reinhart from Buffalo, for 1st rounder (2022) & prospect Devon Levi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi everyone,

Congratulations on the Trade!
919BB329-31DC-4AB7-991C-F591F4F37764.gif

I know it’s lopsided as hell right now, but as fan of the Game I really hope this turns out to be good for both franchises. I really want to see Buffalo finally rise out of the muck, like your Team has.

I wish Sam nothing but the best and love the look of your top 9.

Amazing work by GMBZ and his supporting cast!

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer.

Some memes / jokes to spread smiles and laughter…
D11485D4-3A5A-4FCB-9195-313450334BAF.jpeg

B0825F61-D593-45BC-B50C-5DD57008F03A.jpeg

F7598E20-C0A3-4C40-9F61-DB9D85F8D01A.jpeg

E33804A9-000E-46B0-B619-91E076EF6F90.jpeg

49CA53F4-9C2D-44DE-B10D-2B3D6627034A.jpeg

62772C0E-6217-4E20-8917-8B8B487D8FDA.jpeg

673BE2B8-A238-47D3-A7DD-6DB534905D4F.jpeg

B01E0A8D-AF50-4A78-9A14-66A469832757.jpeg

EF1592C4-CA86-4672-9667-ED3499C65694.jpeg

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Will the 2 Sams be on the same line?

Very little chance of that. Reino most likely plays rw with Barkov, it makes too much sense to exploit Reino's goal scoring ability and also give Barkov the best winger combo he's had since Huby and Dadonov.

Bennett really clicked with Huby and Tippett late last season so that line likely gets a chance to stick together.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
I think you guys gotta a pretty solid foundation now. Power and Dahlin on D is pretty enviable. Cozens, Mitts, Olofsson plus whatever you get for Eichel up front, plus some other good prospects. I like the Poltapov pick. Two 1sts in 2022. If Levi turns into a good starter, thats a pretty strong team. May take a few years but at least I can see a direction.
Thanks but after 10+ years of no playoffs, this is faint consolation.

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
Essentially just a 1st since Levi realistically was never going to see the light of day here, plus we just drafted a replacement for the system. Huge pickup! I wonder if:

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart

or

Huberdeau-Bennett-Reinhart
Huberdeau-Reinhart-Tippett
Yeah, you can deploy Reinhart any number of ways. He's good pretty much anywhere, although I haven't seen him play on a checking line.

Reactions: harv33173

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
What I feel is an important issue is that Sam R can fill in as the #1center if, God forbid, Barky gets injured.
He demonstrated that this season filling in for Eichel. There was frustration among the Buffalo fan base that Reino didn't get more consideration at center, but he was just so good finishing for, and setting up, Eichel, that none of our varied and sundry coaches gave him an honest appraisal at center until Granato was backed into it.

Reactions: PSLguy

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I actually find it hard to believe that not only has Zito made better moves than Tallon ever has in barely over a year that he has been here, but at the same time been able to discard Tallon’s attrocious mistakes (minus Bob and Stralman currently). Zito has literally saved this franchise. The draft is always the most exciting time for me not surprisingly, but Zito has made it so that us losing that last first round pick does not matter one bit to me. Win now mode is here guys.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I actually find it hard to believe that not only has Zito made better moves than Tallon ever has in barely over a year that he has been here, but at the same time been able to discard Tallon’s attrocious mistakes (minus Bob and Stralman currently). Zito has literally saved this franchise. The draft is always the most exciting time for me not surprisingly, but Zito has made it so that us losing that last first round pick does not matter one bit to me. Win now mode is here guys.
Honestly I’m not even mad about Strals. It’s Bob that might prove just too tall an order. That’s a monumental task to try to get rid of such an utterly atrocious contract without some negative lasting impact.

Reactions: I am not exposed

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Honestly I’m not even mad about Strals. It’s Bob that might prove just too tall an order. That’s a monumental task to try to get rid of such an utterly atrocious contract without some negative lasting impact.
Yeah I mean not having Strals now would be great but he’s moveable with a sweetener. Bob is rough. I think we’re looking at 2 firsts bare minimum and if Zito thinks that’s the play time make this franchise a contender then I’m all for it.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Yeah I mean not having Strals now would be great but he’s moveable with a sweetener. Bob is rough. I think we’re looking at 2 firsts bare minimum and if Zito thinks that’s the play time make this franchise a contender then I’m all for it.
I wonder if Buffalo would do Skinner swap straight up lol 1 million less a year but 1 more year.

At least Skinner’s just 29 and can find his groove perhaps in a different atmosphere. There’s no way he can be that snake bitten and Buffalo stifles anyone’s potential. Bob is just a steep decline from here as far as I can tell. We’d basically be in the same situation with Skinner anyways as far as dealing with an albatross contract.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Our prospect pool is good enough right now that not having the 2022 1st isn't really gonna hurt us that much anyway. We have to be top 15 in the league even if Knight and Lundell play full time in the nhl next season. We are strong both on the roster and on the farm. I've been waiting years and years to see us have this kind of organizational depth..

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Our prospect pool is good enough right now that not having the 2022 1st isn't really gonna hurt us that much anyway. We have to be top 15 in the league even if Knight and Lundell play full time in the nhl next season. We are strong both on the roster and on the farm. I've been waiting years and years to see us have this kind of organizational depth..

We'll recoup that 1st rounder when Zito trades Huberdeau...
I don't think Zito really cares the Cats are among the top5, top10 or top15 in the league when the Cats' mgmt needs to focus on the possibility that they face the Bolts again in the first round and then they get eliminated again. So, essentially they have to engage in the arms race, trying to match up with the roster of a back-to-back SC winner.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I wonder if Buffalo would do Skinner swap straight up lol 1 million less a year but 1 more year.

At least Skinner’s just 29 and can find his groove perhaps in a different atmosphere. There’s no way he can be that snake bitten and Buffalo stifles anyone’s potential. Bob is just a steep decline from here as far as I can tell. We’d basically be in the same situation with Skinner anyways as far as dealing with an albatross contract.
I almsot feel like we should just keep Bob since it’s a year less

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Exactly and I think Mackie’s game looks to translate really well into the NHL as well. Very high on that young man right now. He has excellent tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad