Confirmed with Link: FLA acquires forward Sam Reinhart from Buffalo, for 1st rounder (2022) & prospect Devon Levi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

My guess is Rein gets something like $4.5-$5 million for 4-5 years. Bennett gets $3.5-4 million over the same time frame.

Rein basically makes Vatrano more expendable with his goals being immediately replaced (and then some most likely). Also with his contract uncertainty my guess is he is moved soon because of that.

My guess at the top 6 as of right now:

Carty V-Barkov-Reinhart
Huberdeau-Bennett-Duclair/Tippett

Oh me oh my that's pretty nice. If Vatrano is gone it puts Denisenko on that line with potentially Duclair or Tippett and Lundell.

Still think we need a bit more veteran depth up front (although Horny will be killer in the bottom 6) and one more proven, solid NHL defenseman and our roster is looking like a serious contender. I think another veteran center would help this group a lot but maybe that's a deadline day type of deal and the team will see how Acciari does this season.

Damn I just love this move. Zito feels like new, young blood coming in and fleecing all these out of touch GMs lollll

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
You know what's hilarious?

We are going to have a glutton of top 6 wingers....and Marchment will be with Barkov still

Marchment Barkov Reinhart
Huberdeau Bennett Tippett
Verhaeghe Lundell Duclair

I mean. Shiitttt it's still filthy.

Then we roll a 4th line of

Denisenko Wennberg Hornqvist. Lololol

Ok maybe not Wennberg but Zito is insane so

Reactions: shadow1

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Why?

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Gudas
Nutivaara - Stralman

Is that not a good enough D? And if it isn't don't you just add a RD at the deadline?
Wasn't good enough last year so why would it be good enough this year? I know Ekblad was hurt but it's not like we were defensive dynamos before he went down.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I think we should look for another D as well. Unless Stral does not get traded and he can play 50-ish games (no BTB for example) like he did playoffs, then he’d be the 4D level we need. Of course, Suter would be better, and even in my skepticism there I would have to say Suter would make it all legit.

I would also sign Wenny to a 2-year deal for $2.5, not sure he’d take it but that would be insurance for Lundell having a Borg moment/camp.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Why?

Weegar - Ekblad
Forsling - Gudas
Nutivaara - Stralman

Is that not a good enough D? And if it isn't don't you just add a RD at the deadline?
Gudas is not good enough to be on the middle pair all season.
Stralman can't handle being a lineup regular, and even when he's rested, he's a bottom pair guy.
Nutivaara showed us absolutely nothing this season, we view him as a 6/7D.

Reactions: HockeyRulez

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You know what's hilarious?

We are going to have a glutton of top 6 wingers....and Marchment will be with Barkov still

Marchment Barkov Reinhart
Huberdeau Bennett Tippett
Verhaeghe Lundell Duclair

I mean. Shiitttt it's still filthy.

Then we roll a 4th line of

Denisenko Wennberg Hornqvist. Lololol

Ok maybe not Wennberg but Zito is insane so

Q will change up the lines as he always does. But we infinitely added to our depth with this deal.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
lol this still feels like I’m dreaming. Just because I’m drunk doesn’t mean I don’t love you, 1st round pick.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
HuberdeauBarkovReinhart
VerhaegheBennettDuclair
DuclairReinhartTippett
VatranoLundellHornqvist
MarchmentLuostarinenVatrano
HeponiemiAcciariMarchment
DenisenkoAcciari
Lomberg Heponiemi
Denisenko
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: shadow1

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So is Stralman and vatrano still getting traded?
Stralman deal fell through, sounds like it's dead. Arizona was on his 16 team no-trade list but he was still willing to waive to play with OEL. 'm guessing that's why the trade didn't happen, Stralman was waiting to see how the OEL situation shook out. I don't see a spot for Vatrano so I think that gets done, he'll be easy to trade.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't think our D is as bad as some are making it out to be off we're mostly healthy.

Ekblad back for full season would be huge if he can come back to where he was playing.

Weegar is just realizing how good he is with last season's performance, he should be more confident now and may even be better.

Forsling was a revelation, and will get even better.

Yandle is gone so that's a big addition by subtraction.

Strals can be good on the bottom pair with some rest too let some young guys play.

Gudas was also pretty decent. Nuti dropped off but he may still be regaining form after a couple shortened seasons. Kierstad was actually not bad and could improve. Then you have a few good rookie options that can step in on the bottom pair.

That's definitely enough to compete in the regular season and then we can add at the deadline if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad