Fix Buffalo, 3 steps.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
1. Get a new head coach and player development staff. Mair, Komisarek and Barch have done a pathetic job.

2. Move on from Ristolainen as a "core piece". Doesn't mean he has to be traded it just means this organization has to stop acting like he's a piece we are building around. Would you build a team with Jack Johnson as a core piece? That's how you build losing teams.

3. Come to the realization that Jack Eichel is not Connor McDavid, or Crosby, or Malkin. He's a great forward and talent but it's painfully obvious he's firmly in the middle of the 2nd tier of superstars and not with the guys some fans want to lump him with. Build the Buffalo Sabres around the Buffalo Sabres, not around Jack Eichel. Mark Scheiffele is an amazing Center but Winnipeg isn't going out of their way to build around him. They have guys like Wheeler, Laine and Ehlers and they are a team.

"Come to the realization that Jack Eichel is not Connor McDavid, or Crosby, or Malkin."......

Or Matthews......??? (snark, snark....)

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
This team needs way more than 3 steps. Play the long game get another top draft pick this year. But my 3:

1) FIRE HOUSLEY: I was begging for Sutter to be our couch and he’s the type we need. We need a Torts type to come in here and Put these kids in there place. These kids need tough love and structure. Housley is the worst coach I’ve ever seen, there is no structure, his coaching must amount to “go out there and do your best boys”.

2) Make Rob Ray or someone like him a practice coach. Send him out there to just hit everything that touches a puck. I feel like this team treats the puck as a hot potato. Nobody is willing to take a hit to make a play. We are the softest team in the league.

3) find another top 6 forward who can play both ends of the ice. Our bottom 6 make up a half decent AHL team. We are too used to sucking that we give our depth more credit than deserved.

Edit: based off the last GDT let’s hire Rommel

Last edited:

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Patience, patience and patience. The kids are coming. It's all going to click at some point this year, but it won't be until the youth has broken through.

Nylander for Sobotka
Asplund for Girgensons
Guhle for Beaulieu
Olofsson for Pominville

All in due time.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
1) s
One of our firsts + scandella for a significant defensive upgrade

2) call up pilut, smith. Lose sobotka and blow you

3) better lines

Sheary eichel reinhart
Skinner - berglund - erod
KO - CM - Thompson
Smith -Girgs - pommer
after the road swing.. they need some continuity and familiarity before you evaluate

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
I don't, which is the reason I say so loudly that both the team's and Dahlin's biggest needs to succeed and develop, is a great defensive #2 defenceman.

At this point we can't wish for a young stud, but we have to accept that to not give up the world, a 27-28+ is the reasonable wish.

I have no problem giving up Risto, since I see his speed, defence and hockey IQ as the areas where he has his biggest drawback - which also are the areas we need improved the most.

Realistic players to get for him are who I said earlier. Adam Larsson.

Besides him, I'm not sure.

Manson?

Brodin?

Tanev+?

Hjalmarsson+?
watch dahlin quietly challenge and improve the iq and caring of the entire defense as he learns faster and his respectful his aww shucks attitude and down to business demeanor hopefully pushes d and eichel to elevate his teammates, stranger things have happened... i would take 8 8 4 over first twenty if this team gelled.. whoever doesnt improve we have asplund as the pivot, nylander who will already be up and pilut will be asked to rub out blow me as team building exercise... you guys are fre aking out(after one game.. )

in a losing culture players save themselves w apathy but with competition this is finally no longer an option with job security...

so chill.. playing at home next four will be tough w abused fickle fans traumatized like the posters here and entitled idiots in the gold seats making business deals and cheating on their mistreses that have tickets for social status not love of hockey.. its a mountain to climb.. chill.
squishy owie may be the problem, but may not, lets see.. its been one game against a team blown out with something to prove in front of same entitled trust fund crowd that sucked the life out of a few games in the cup final home against the dallas cheatriots, this isnt the aud, its a black hole unless they get out front early and dahlin goes in the stands killing a man with a leafs jersey and hops back on the ice to help out on a five on three .. these people still may not look up from there phones

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
watch dahlin quietly challenge and improve the iq and caring of the entire defense as he learns faster and his respectful his aww shucks attitude and down to business demeanor hopefully pushes d and eichel to elevate his teammates, stranger things have happened... i would take 8 8 4 over first twenty if this team gelled.. whoever doesnt improve we have asplund as the pivot, nylander who will already be up and pilut will be asked to rub out blow me as team building exercise... you guys are fre aking out(after one game.. )

in a losing culture players save themselves w apathy but with competition this is finally no longer an option with job security...

so chill.. playing at home next four will be tough w abused fickle fans traumatized like the posters here and entitled idiots in the gold seats making business deals and cheating on their mistreses that have tickets for social status not love of hockey.. its a mountain to climb.. chill.
squishy owie may be the problem, but may not, lets see.. its been one game against a team blown out with something to prove in front of same entitled trust fund crowd that sucked the life out of a few games in the cup final home against the dallas cheatriots, this isnt the aud, its a black hole unless they get out front early and dahlin goes in the stands killing a man with a leafs jersey and hops back on the ice to help out on a five on three .. these people still may not look up from there phones

Most people on these boards speak English you should try it once in awhile

Reactions: Zeb

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Most people on these boards speak English you should try it once in awhile
I'll try, they just removed my helmet and are weaning me off my meds.
I'll try to use some form of grammar, I have been typing with one hand without shift, my apologies..didn't think I was going to post more than one item.. or that it was necessary (bad texting habits) My apologies.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I'll try, they just removed my helmet and are weaning me off my meds.
I'll try to use some form of grammar, I have been typing with one hand without shift, my apologies..didn't think I was going to post more than one item.. or that it was necessary (bad texting habits) My apologies.

I honestly don’t know so i’ll Stop...

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Which LW isn't getting development time probably because of Skinner? Because throwing Olofsson, Nylander, or Asplund on Eichel's LW against top competition is a super idea. Or putting them with ERod or Berglund.

Botterill wants development. And Skinner isn't getting easy minutes.

One the Sabres problem has been rushing players into the NHL too fast. But you want Olofsson or Asplund here too fast. Getting the vets like Berglund and Skinner were smart moves to help the young guys develop correctly! Hopefully we don’t screw up Mittelstadt playing him here rather than Rochester.

The true problem is either coaching or players lack of desire.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
One the Sabres problem has been rushing players into the NHL too fast. But you want Olofsson or Asplund here too fast. Getting the vets like Berglund and Skinner were smart moves to help the young guys develop correctly! Hopefully we don’t screw up Mittelstadt playing him here rather than Rochester.

The true problem is either coaching or players lack of desire.

Read my original post and context. That’s what I’m advocating for.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
My team.

Sheary-Eichel-Nylander

Mittelstadt-Reinhart-Okposo

Skinner-Berglund-Thompson

Rodrigues-Asplund-Pominville

Dahlin-A.Larsson

Scandella-Pilut

McCabe-Anyone who has a last name that doesn't start with a "B".

This team would without a doubt be more competitive than the one we're icing now.

Thoughts?

I'm sorry but getting rid of Risto is a bad idea. I see Scandella out of position more in his own end, can't pass the puck nearly as good as Risto, and Risto's a ton better in the offensive zone.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I disagree. If there's an open guy up the ice, Risto can put it on his stick. Scandella's the one that's inaccurate if he has to pass more than 10 feet.

I don’t disagree that Scandella isn’t great but I’ve seen Risto throw way to many pucks too far ahead of a guy or in his skates to call him an accurate passer.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I'm sorry but getting rid of Risto is a bad idea. I see Scandella out of position more in his own end, can't pass the puck nearly as good as Risto, and Risto's a ton better in the offensive zone.

Ristolainen is is not a dependable defenceman, that is what Buffalo lacks more than anything. Even more so than an upgrade between the pipes.

And sure, Scandella ain't no prom queen either, but he will not garner a huge return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad