Post-Game Talk: FIVE STRAIGHT....losses, this time we blow a 2 goal lead to lose 4-3 in regulation in CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Our goalies have won us 2 ****ing games.

Winnipeg and Detroit.

Our team has problems but dont give me that **** that we arent a playoff team with better goaltending.

43 games and they have won us 2 damn games.

****ing Dan Ellis won us more than that in 10 games. What the ****.

We have been rebuilding for so long that any fan would expect our team to be more stacked than Tampa’s in all areas of the ice.

The team shouldn’t have any problems when you’ve been rebuilding for 10 years.

This is what upsets me the most.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I am unsure, we are without a doubt a much better team with goaltending. Can the same argument be had, if our defense was present at any time and could produce some sort of rythem would we be a playoff team with sub par goaltending ?
All the stats show our d is fine. Apparently, we are one of the better teams in limiting high danger chances

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The players are pissed off because no matter what they do their goalies keep giving up soft goals, and there is nothing they can do about it. The players won’t call out the goalies but I bet they all want to scream at them.
Frustration is setting In big time. Yet they somehow come out and play hard every game. I can’t fathom how they do it. They played very good d the last two games. Elite d against the oilers and I would bet one of the best defensive performances of the season by any team

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
I would love to see this team perform under Barry Trotz. Seriously.

I suppose we can dream... but lets not forget not too long ago we had a top coach in the NHL and ( speculating here ) he was shown the door because the owners want to play f**** moneyball with their hockeyteam, and he just wanted to coach and develop the young talent we had/have.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Sadly I kind of hope we loose a few more games and this roadtrip is a complete bust.. Maybe something will change after that ? Start next season now with something new. ?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Jesus they just showed Rittich highlights. He’s a good
Goalie. He’s aggressive challenges and cuts angles with ease.
Moves quick and
Effortlessly. The game was over on the first without him. Those 3 saves in the first period were tougher than anything
Lou had all night.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Calgary has given up more just in the first period. Do u guys even watch? Or just look at the score and **** talk?

you know... you guys with this "did you watch" bullshit.

yeah, i watched. i watched a bad f***ing team. a team that can't win whether they load up the top 2 or spread things out and try to play a tight-checking game. why? it's not because of goaltending. it's because of god damn giveaways. 24 tonight.

it's a mindset. every team has skilled players who'd love to try shit like that. (that being the hubey pass attempt or one of a half-dozen other plays tonight.). the good teams don't because they know it's a risky play. apparently nobody on this team cares enough about winning to cut that cutesy bullshit.

i keep hoping they'll get a little puck luck and get on a roll but the reality is that this is a bad team.

calgary was shite as well. if you watched calgary broadcast, they were getting reamed. they put a quote on the screen in the 1st from peters that was something like "when our work ethic is above our skill, we're a good team. when it's not, we get in trouble".

that is the story of the florida panthers. try to skill their way around the rink every night, usually beaten by a team playing with everything they have to win.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
you know... you guys with this "did you watch" bull****.

yeah, i watched. i watched a bad ****ing team. a team that can't win whether they load up the top 2 or spread things out and try to play a tight-checking game. why? it's not because of goaltending. it's because of god damn giveaways. 24 tonight.

it's a mindset. every team has skilled players who'd love to try **** like that. (that being the hubey pass attempt or one of a half-dozen other plays tonight.). the good teams don't because they know it's a risky play. apparently nobody on this team cares enough about winning to cut that cutesy bull****.

It seems tonight was different that earlier in the season, as I recall. We did do risky plays with stretch passing across the middle, however we never pulled this bull*** I saw tonight. Everyone was bunched up on one side of the ice and nobody could produce anything. Complete cluster**** At least the 2nd and 3rd period

i keep hoping they'll get a little puck luck and get on a roll but the reality is that this is a bad team.

calgary was ****e as well. if you watched calgary broadcast, they were getting reamed. they put a quote on the screen in the 1st from peters that was something like "when our work ethic is above our skill, we're a good team. when it's not, we get in trouble".

that is the story of the florida panthers. try to skill their way around the rink every night, usually beaten by a team playing with everything they have to win.

Nailed it

Reactions: Rahooji

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Nashville. Capitals. He is the only reason the Islanders are going to make the playoffs this year after losing Tavares and everyone just assumed they would suck.
I agree he’s a good coach. But he wouldn’t win with this goaltending. Sorry. The oilers game proves it

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Nashville. Capitals. He is the only reason the Islanders are going to make the playoffs this year after losing Tavares and everyone just assumed they would suck.

Good coaching and solid organization goes a long way....

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
you know... you guys with this "did you watch" bull****.

yeah, i watched. i watched a bad ****ing team. a team that can't win whether they load up the top 2 or spread things out and try to play a tight-checking game. why? it's not because of goaltending. it's because of god damn giveaways. 24 tonight.

it's a mindset. every team has skilled players who'd love to try **** like that. (that being the hubey pass attempt or one of a half-dozen other plays tonight.). the good teams don't because they know it's a risky play. apparently nobody on this team cares enough about winning to cut that cutesy bull****.

calgary was ****e as well. if you watched calgary broadcast, they were getting reamed. they put a quote on the screen in the 1st from peters that was something like "when our work ethic is above our skill, we're a good team. when it's not, we get in trouble".

Giveaways as a number aren't that important as I explained a few weeks ago. The only one that hurt was Huberdeau's and that was a bad play.

If you look at the number of high danger chances we've given up and compare that to the league, our defense and "giveaways" that lead to chances is not an issue at all.

Goaltending is. We have OBJECTIVELY one of the worst duos in the league.

So no, story isn't they try to skill their way around the rink. Story is their goalies suck and that's why we're missing the playoffs, again.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think i'm done.

I cant stand bashing Luongo. It hurts me. I can do it all day with Jame Reimer though.

But Luongo, hell na. It hurts my soul. I'm gonna miss watching him. This feels like Jagr all over again (except Jagr was still good his last few months here lol).

We need a new goalie and someone to shore up our bottom 4 day after that.

Until we have a new regular starter... i'm out of this season.
Maybe a big trade.

I'm missing way too many Luka Doncic games for this ass product.

Reactions: Kellyr and Rahooji

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I think i'm done.

I cant stand bashing Luongo. It hurts me. I can do it all day with Jame Reimer though.

But Luongo, hell na. It hurts my soul. I'm gonna miss watching him. This feels like Jagr all over again (except Jagr was still good his last few months here lol).

Maybe a big trade.

It's time we let the trolls take over the boards. As is tradition.

Reactions: KW

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I think i'm done.

Maybe a big trade.

I’ve already turned to a mediocre Miami Heat Team. To me it’s been much more exiting this season and hockey is my favorite sport. Maybe the Panthers will get their stuff together one day.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I think i'm done.

Maybe a big trade.

You are entering the dark zone where you just don't care anymore. That's how I feel.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I’ve already turned to a mediocre Miami Heat Team. To me it’s been much more exiting this season and hockey is my favorite sport. Maybe the Panthers will get their stuff together one day.
Dallas is mediocre, but Doncic is the absolute shit.

He has a killing, closing mindset and demeanor.

Reactions: Rahooji

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Didn't even bother to watch the game eventho it's the weekend and start time was 4 am.
Just watched the replay

We went up 2-0. Only thing that crossed my mind. How long will it take for us to lose this lead. Never did I think for a second we'd get a bigger lead or god forbid win this game

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad