U20: Five Nations Tournament in Nyköping, Sweden (23-27 August)

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
And thats the point of those tournaments. There Are never teams at full strenght. Czech have a good squad here, but majority of the players Will go to america soon, So in the next tournament we probably gonna get thrashed lol.

Those tourneys are good for scouting/seeing other players, but they wont really tell you how good your nation actually is right Now.

Only real showdown is U20 WJC.

Shame we dont have such a showdown also in u18s and seniors categories...
Damn, Slovakia and Czechia are gonna get absolutely humiliated in the november tournament

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And thats the point of those tournaments. There Are never teams at full strenght. Czech have a good squad here, but majority of the players Will go to america soon, So in the next tournament we probably gonna get thrashed lol.

Those tourneys are good for scouting/seeing other players, but they wont really tell you how good your nation actually is right Now.

Only real showdown is U20 WJC.

Shame we dont have such a showdown also in u18s and seniors categories...
The showdowns will be in the gold medal matches! Slavic medal rush incoming lol

Reactions: martygod12

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Finland dominating Slovakia in the second period.

Alex Ciernik literally standing there like a statue not even bothering to defend or play.. What is going on?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It was also a Slovakia B team.

Regarding Zabka. This is not the first time, he made a stupid penalty on international level. This guy should go to play to WHL, to learn how to play hard ice-hockey.
It's not really "a" B team for Sweden, it's "the" B team. Well, not quite as some B players are still missing from it. None of the players on this Swedish team are expected to be playing at the WJCs unless something major happens.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
The federations treatment of Molnar continues to be such a dumb decision/situation. This is a sport that literally allows players to square up and fight each other on ice and yet he is being treated like this because he was defending a teammate?

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Interestin. After the game, Head coach said, first line Ciernik-Repci-Zlnka played very good game.
In retrospective I think it was the high ice time, two 2 matches in two days and a really long shift that's why Alex stood there doing nothing...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Finn's today.. curious if sale is playing?

Also, here is a Czech article (translate works and makes sense in English) on how the worst Junior League is trying to justify expanding from 14 to 16 teams by coming up with a new format.

It's stupid would be the quick summary and 80 percent of our U20 and U18 rep players have left for Europe, Canada or US.

While the czechs leave... I'm not aware of any Finn's, Swiss, Sweden or German players coming in.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Finn's today.. curious if sale is playing?

Also, here is a Czech article (translate works and makes sense in English) on how the worst Junior League is trying to justify expanding from 14 to 16 teams by coming up with a new format.

It's stupid would be the quick summary and 80 percent of our U20 and U18 rep players have left for Europe, Canada or US.

While the czechs leave... I'm not aware of any Finn's, Swiss, Sweden or German players coming in.

Si, Sale is playing.

Reactions: Czechboy

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
In retrospective I think it was the high ice time, two 2 matches in two days and a really long shift that's why Alex stood there doing nothing...
I believe this team will be able to score but that defense concerns me a lot. If Nemec is in I’m a bit less worried as you can give his pair 27+ minutes. Kmec-Nemec, Natny-Strbak could eat up 50 mins combined in the important games but which pair makes up that other 10 or so mins?

I am interested in Mosko too, he’s going to be playing college hockey and could be an option on the third pair.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone know of a stream?

Looks like Czechs have about 6 to 8 that will play at xmas today...

Alscher, Dvorak, Cech should be safe to make it.

Sapo, sale and Hrabal are locks

Sapousek is likely too. Stancl as well.

I hope jiricek makes it as a 7. Same with bares. They are in a fight with a bunch of guys. Should be a decent squad at xmas to be honest with some options

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Anyone know of a stream?

Looks like Czechs have about 6 to 8 that will play at xmas today...

Alscher, Dvorak, Cech should be safe to make it.

Sapo, sale and Hrabal are locks

Sapousek is likely too. Stancl as well.

I hope jiricek makes it as a 7. Same with bares. They are in a fight with a bunch of guys. Should be a decent squad at xmas to be honest with some options
I believe it can be streamed (at a cost) through the Swedish hockey streaming site. That’s why I never enjoy when these tournaments are in Sweden or Finland, almost always have to pay to watch. While Slovakia, Swiss, Czechs, Germans broadcast these games for no cost and usually easily accessible

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I believe it can be streamed (at a cost) through the Swedish hockey streaming site. That’s why I never enjoy when these tournaments are in Sweden or Finland, almost always have to pay to watch. While Slovakia, Swiss, Czechs, Germans broadcast these games for no cost and usually easily accessible
Agreed. Unfortunately it looks like the Germans are starting to charge for the streams as well. I really don't see why you would want to scratch together a few bucks like that from a couple of scouts/journalists and the occasional junior hockey fan. Anyway this tournament wasn't really an indicator for the WJC since pretty much every nation sent a b-team, even Switzerland.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Agreed. Unfortunately it looks like the Germans are starting to charge for the streams as well. I really don't see why you would want to scratch together a few bucks like that from a couple of scouts/journalists and the occasional junior hockey fan. Anyway this tournament wasn't really an indicator for the WJC since pretty much every nation sent a b-team, even Switzerland.
Who are the swiss missing except De Luca, Bichsel and Braillard?

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Who are the swiss missing except De Luca, Bichsel and Braillard?

Ustinkov, Muggli, maybe Reber (all played U18). Then Simone Terraneo who is the best available D after Bichsel and Dionicio. Then arguably Greuter, Lurati, Schild, Graf, Colin Lindemann and Simon Meier are also better than some of the forwards on the roster. I would even ad Kimo Gruber to that list who might have a rebound season in Zürich this year based on his preseason. But our coaching staff has some issue with him so I don't expect him to see on the junior NT anytime soon. So the team might not have been a complete b squad but still far from full strength.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs up 4-2 in the second Swedish arena.lol. Sale has 2 goals.

I'm game 1 they wore Swedish jersey because theirs didn't arrive.

In this game they switched to a different arena in the second period due to bad ice lol

I'd expect that in Czech but not Sweden.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Czechs up 4-2 in the second Swedish arena.lol. Sale has 2 goals.

I'm game 1 they wore Swedish jersey because theirs didn't arrive.

In this game they switched to a different arena in the second period due to bad ice lol

I'd expect that in Czech but not Sweden.
:laugh::thumbu:

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Finns won the tournament, czechs 2nd and swedes 3rd.

Next U20 tournament is in november, with better rosters and high-end players.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Another Czech D
... I'm not even sure he'll make the U20 roster though. This might help.

19, moved to the Q, undrafted. Maybe another Spacek that was missed? Or maybe did well in a meaningless tournament with no fans, bad ice and the wrong jersey.haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad