U20: Five Nations Tournament in Nyköping, Sweden (23-27 August)

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
This will be interesting to watch. Although no top 04's or 05's except Willander this is a decent team with depth.

Påhlsson - Eriksson - Nordh
Engström - Larsson - Smeds
Kant - Zether - Pettersson
Ståhlberg - Johansson - Sagadin

Fransson - Willander
Nordberg - Tängerby
Lagerberg - Haara
Wikman

Erliden

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns Leijonat - U20 Nuoret Leijonat tällä joukkueella turnaukseen Ruotsiin

Goalies:
30 Vinni Eemil, HIFK Helsinki
31 Leinonen Topias, JYP Jyväskylä

Defenders:
2 Pulkkinen Jesse, JYP Jyväskylä
3 Kärki Arttu, Tappara Tampere
4 Peltonen Janne, Kärpät Oulu
5 Kangas Kalle, Jokerit Helsinki
6 Vesala Juuso, Sport Vaasa
7 Talvikunnas Niklas, HPK Hämeenlinna
9 Nissinen Tuomas, Jokerit Helsinki
23 Kiukas Peetu, SaiPa Lappeenranta

Forwards:
10 Toivainen Rasmus, HIFK Helsinki
11 Hokkanen Otto, SaiPa Lappeenranta
12 Keskinen Oiva, Tappara Tampere
13 Uronen Tuomas, HIFK Helsinki
14 Hakkarainen Iiro, Kiekko-Espoo
15 Hakala Aaron, TPS Turku
16 Alasiurua Arttu, Kärpät Oulu
17 Lind Onni, Jokerit Helsinki
18 Kuusla Emil, Jokerit Helsinki
19 Kumpulainen Rasmus, Pelicans Lahti
20 Järventie Emil, SaiPa Lappeenranta
21 Rautiainen Benjamin, Tappara Tampere
22 Noiva Nestor, Ässät Pori

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovakia:

Goalies:
Šichatbudin GADŽIEV
Rastislav ELIÁŠ
Patrik JURČÁK

Defenders:
Boris ŽABKA
Dávid NÁTNY
Milan PIŠOJA
Jozef Viliam KMEC
Jakub CHROMIAK
Richard BARAN
Leo EPERJEŠI
Maxim ŠTRBÁK (2nd round, Buffalo Sabres)

Forwards:
Lucas JENDEK
Patrik MASNICA
Markus SUCHÝ
Alex ŠOTEK
Adam CEDZO
Peter REPČÍK
Roman KUKUMBERG
Adam ONDRIŠ Frantisek Dej
Patrik GABRIEL
Alex ČIERNIK (4th round, Philadephia Flyers)
Jakub KOPECKÝ
Adam ŽLNKA (7th round, Arizona Coyotes)

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Czech squad.. seemed to be a stronger focus on guys going overseas. Last look. I'd say maybe half makes the Xmas roster. No Port is disapointing. Curious how Sapo does this season offensively. .he's a beaut but doesn't score enough. Sale is finally in a similar age group.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
With a strong showing here/at the start of the season, I do think Zether and Nordh should at least be considered for the world juniors, especially if some of the top guys drop out. Aren't any worse than some of the names on who played earlier this summer, and especially Nordh is good at contributing in a small role, which is obviously what they are fighting for.

Good to see Willanders name, should be on the final team for sure in my opinion.

Any goalie guy who feels comfortable comparing how Erliden compares to Hävelid? Even though both had good u18s, I haven't gotten they impression either is particuarly hyped otherwise. It's a short tournament, so I guess we should just hope for at least decent tending, and then hoping the rest of the team pulls it's weight and more.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Top 4 defenders look good. But forward talent is pretty weak. I’d expect only 3-4 forwards from there to be on the final roster (Ciernik, Repcik, Sotek, Zlnka). That could be as close to the D core as possible, as Nemec may be in the NHL.

Shame that the combined Slovak 2004 and 2005 age group will never be in a big tournament at full strength. May not see a back to back generation that strong for a long time.

Reactions: Czechboy

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Top 4 defenders look good. But forward talent is pretty weak. I’d expect only 3-4 forwards from there to be on the final roster (Ciernik, Repcik, Sotek, Zlnka). That could be as close to the D core as possible, as Nemec may be in the NHL.

Shame that the combined Slovak 2004 and 2005 age group will never be in a big tournament at full strength. May not see a back to back generation that strong for a long time.

Why not? Lets wait some years for senior WCH!

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
It’s a good sign that he’s got better things to do than some meaningless tournament with the B J20 team

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs 5-2 over Swiss.

Vondras was player of the game. U20 has been decent in the preseason games this summer. Jiricek played!

Happy to see Bares with a few points.. I love his game. He's small and went undrafted but he's a good player.

No Sale.. sorry Marty, don't know why. No Petr.... Grrr.

Sapo was 1c and his linemates scored and he got no points. He is the dark work king. Probably a very good NHL 3C one day.

3 and 0 against Swiss this season in meaningless U20 exhibition games. Hope for sale next game.

We also played in Swedish club jerseys! Some equipment manager is probably very stressed right now.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Sweden 4-3 Slovakia

Powerplay goal in the last minute to win it for the Swedes. Boris Zabka doesn’t belong anywhere near this team, even with the players missing how he is here over more capable 2004 born defenseman is brutal roster management

Reactions: samuu

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sweden 4-3 Slovakia

Powerplay goal in the last minute to win it for the Swedes. Boris Zabka doesn’t belong anywhere near this team, even with the players missing how he is here over more capable 2004 born defenseman is brutal roster management
Seems like a solid result!

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Czechs 5-2 over Swiss.

Vondras was player of the game. U20 has been decent in the preseason games this summer. Jiricek played!

Happy to see Bares with a few points.. I love his game. He's small and went undrafted but he's a good player.

No Sale.. sorry Marty, don't know why. No Petr.... Grrr.

Sapo was 1c and his linemates scored and he got no points. He is the dark work king. Probably a very good NHL 3C one day.

3 and 0 against Swiss this season in meaningless U20 exhibition games. Hope for sale next game.

We also played in Swedish club jerseys! Some equipment manager is probably very stressed right now.
I wonder why Kulich and Hamara didn't come, I know they're lock tho

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I actually know that one! Saw an interview... Kulich was blocked by buffalo.. hamara had a small injury.
haha I saw the interview link. But my Czech language abilities are not good enough for me to understand this interview, so I think you may know that!
Thank you for sharing❤️

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
It was also a Slovakia B team.

Regarding Zabka. This is not the first time, he made a stupid penalty on international level. This guy should go to play to WHL, to learn how to play hard ice-hockey.
And thats the point of those tournaments. There Are never teams at full strenght. Czech have a good squad here, but majority of the players Will go to america soon, So in the next tournament we probably gonna get thrashed lol.

Those tourneys are good for scouting/seeing other players, but they wont really tell you how good your nation actually is right Now.

Only real showdown is U20 WJC.

Shame we dont have such a showdown also in u18s and seniors categories...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad