U18: Five Nations Tournament in Hämeenlinna, Finland (6-12 November)

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Berglund - Pettersson - Fernström
Sterner - Zetterberg - Hesselvall
Nordlund - Eriksson - Eklund
Olofsson - Sandberg - Toresson

Sahlin Wallenius - Eliasson
Freij - Vilén
Öhrqvist - Bodin
Gustafsson

Liv

This team is starting to grow on me, the top 6 are producing well in J20 this season and the defence and goalies is decent.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Berglund - Pettersson - Fernström
Sterner - Zetterberg - Hesselvall
Nordlund - Eriksson - Eklund
Olofsson - Sandberg - Toresson

Sahlin Wallenius - Eliasson
Freij - Vilén
Öhrqvist - Bodin
Gustafsson

Liv

This team is starting to grow on me, the top 6 are producing well in J20 this season and the defence and goalies is decent.
As a team, I think they are decent. Individually, the worst national team age group in many years. There are so few players with true NHL potential IMO. I like the two Växjö D the most in this group. Mobile two-way defensemen with IQ and creativity.

Among forwards, there is very little to get excited about. I do hope Lucas Pettersson and Melvin Fernström will develop nicely and make a push to be borderline first rounders. Some upside there.

Have not really seen Jack Berglund play much this season, but heard he is looking good.
Alexander Zetterberg is always producing internationally, but I have not been overly impressed with him when watching Örebro play. Size is also an issue there.

I love Linus Eriksson as a player because he is so all-round and a great team player. Does most things well, but nothing especially well. Could become a decent bottom line player in the NHL one day perhaps.

Victor Eklund has still some catching up to do physically, but at this point it is pretty safe to say that he is nowhere close to his brother in terms of skills and potential.

At the U18 Worlds, I do hope/think that several 07 players will be named to the team and strengthen the roster. Guys like Anton Frondell and Filip Ekberg and possibly 2-4 more.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
As a team, I think they are decent. Individually, the worst national team age group in many years. There are so few players with true NHL potential IMO. I like the two Växjö D the most in this group. Mobile two-way defensemen with IQ and creativity.

Among forwards, there is very little to get excited about. I do hope Lucas Pettersson and Melvin Fernström will develop nicely and make a push to be borderline first rounders. Some upside there.

Have not really seen Jack Berglund play much this season, but heard he is looking good.
Alexander Zetterberg is always producing internationally, but I have not been overly impressed with him when watching Örebro play. Size is also an issue there.

I love Linus Eriksson as a player because he is so all-round and a great team player. Does most things well, but nothing especially well. Could become a decent bottom line player in the NHL one day perhaps.

Victor Eklund has still some catching up to do physically, but at this point it is pretty safe to say that he is nowhere close to his brother in terms of skills and potential.

At the U18 Worlds, I do hope/think that several 07 players will be named to the team and strengthen the roster. Guys like Anton Frondell and Filip Ekberg and possibly 2-4 more.
You know more than me, so i take back my comment. I have watched mostly 07 this season as i have no hope left for the 06 class. Pettersson is the only 06 i have focused on tbh, and i like him.

Ekberg and Frondell would be good for the u18 wjc team, and fun to watch too

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Ekberg and Frondell would be good for the u18 wjc team, and fun to watch too

Agree. Come April, I would not be surprised if they both are better than all the other forwards on this team. (similar to what Raymond and Holtz were when they played as underagers at the U18 Worlds). That mediocre -01 age group had 5 underagers and I can see it looking somewhat similar this season.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Agree. Come April, I would not be surprised if they both are better than all the other forwards on this team. (similar to what Raymond and Holtz were when they played as underagers at the U18 Worlds). That mediocre -01 age group had 5 underagers and I can see it looking somewhat similar this season.
Yeah lets hope. The coach seems high on his team but u never know.. he can change his mind

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah lets hope. The coach seems high on his team but u never know.. he can change his mind
Well, lets hope the reason there are no 07's on the roster yet is due to the WHC17's weighing heavier and after that's done we'll see at the very least Frondell, Ekberg, Ihs Wozniak on the next roster.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Well, lets hope the reason there are no 07's on the roster yet is due to the WHC17's weighing heavier and after that's done we'll see at the very least Frondell, Ekberg, Ihs Wozniak on the next roster.
the coach had the chance to bring 07 forwards to Hlinka but he didnt.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

should not liam danielsson be on the team?

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
should not liam danielsson be on the team?
I think he deserves a look at least. It is a surprising that he has yet to suit up for the national team at any point. He is among the top playmakers (if not the best?) in his age group in Sweden. Definitely not a speedster, but not horrible either. Off-ice issues? Crappy at the national team camps he has attended? No clue really.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Don't expect a strong showing from Switzerland. The 06 birth year is deep but with Reber, Muggli and Ustinkov the best players are missing. And there are some CHL absentees as well in Ponzetto, Körbler and Forget. The most interesting players by far on the team should be the goaltenders Lachat and Neuenschwander. Both should have a decent chance to be drafted in 2024 and 2025 respectively.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Koivu is looking good for TPS U20 and now debut, trending upwards interesting to see if he works his way all the way to draft pick.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
From what little I saw, the Czech team played surprisingly well (considering how many players are missing from the selection). We deserved the point.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Curious if anyone saw the game? Looks like US had a 53-25 shot advantage, so I'm wondering how Jack Parsons looked in net as he's been struggling mightily this season and his stats from today's game are pretty horrific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad