2 duchene and mackinnon have 35+ goals and 90+ points
3 holden out scores the rest of the d core
4 varly has a better year than last year
5 hishon and seimens finish the year as solidified avs players

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Didn't read everything...so sorry if things are being repeated.

1. Duchene and Mack have monster years (both 85-95 points each)

2. Rendulic will get called up and will become a regular roster player by January

3. O'Reilly will be re-signed at the end of the year

4. Barrie will have a 50 point season

5. The Avs will make it to the Western Conference Finals

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
- Barrie scores 20 goals/60 points
- Berra wins 20 games
- Briere scores 50 points
- Conference Finals berth
- MacKinnon wins Hart

Bold :box:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Bold, eh?

1. Iginla sucks.
2. Johnson is a Norris finalist
3. So is Barrie
4. Iginla really sucks
5. McLeod channels Laperriere's best season and proves to be worth a place on the team

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
1)Cliché gets an assist
2)Patrick Roy beats up Cooke
3)Colorado makes it past the 2nd round
4)Some of the guys become good friends
5)Matt Duchene gives landeskog a high-five at some point this season

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Bold, eh?

1. Iginla sucks.
3. So is Barrie
4. Iginla really sucks
5. McLeod channels Laperriere's best season and proves to be worth a place on the team

Hmm have a feeling this might be true in year 1
I bet McGinn ends up outscoring him

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
1. Avs trade for one of Martin/Methot
2. After other forward Injuries, Rendulic and Everberg become fixtures on the team
3. Siemens gets some NHL time, but takes too many penalties for Roy's liking
4. O'Reilly stays at C whole year, signs extension at end
5. Tanguay has an unexpected great year. 65 points, helps Iggy get 30g

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Bold, eh?

1. Iginla sucks.
3. So is Barrie
4. Iginla really sucks

Why do you hate Iginla?

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
1. The Avs start the season 3-7
2. Duchene finishes 4th on the team in scoring
3. Berra ends up playing 29 games, winning 21
4. Barrie leads all NHL defensemen in points
5. Roy gets suspended for 2 games at some point

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
1. Dutchy stays healthy all year long plays 82/82 + playoffs.

2. Varly wins the Veznia

3. Avs finish above Chicago in the standings

4. Sakic aquires a legit top pairing defensemen at the deadline

5. Mack misses Stastny and slumps for the first 20 games because of it.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
1.Barrie hits 50pts
2.Mackinnon gets less than 60pts
3.Berra plays at least 30 games
4.Landy gets less than 60pts
5. Radar is traded for a D

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
1.Avs trade Duchene, Landeskog, EJ

2.Avs draft Eichel, McDavid,Hanifin.

3.Avs sign ROR to a 8 yr/80 mil contract

4.Berra wins Vezina

5.Stuart and Iginla become lovers and retire together.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh oh can we do new bold ones?

1. Roy doesn't last the season
2. We get the 1st overall pick and trade it pre-draft
3. Iginla sucks
4. Johnson and Barrie are the only defensemen to score more than 20 points
5. Berra starts 30%+ of games

Hmm have a feeling this might be true in year 1
I bet McGinn ends up outscoring him
If it were true in the first year, do you think it would improve in the next two?

Why do you hate Iginla?
I thought it was a bad signing when it happened & I'm jealous he has an A and Duchene doesn't

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
My bonus bold prediction:

ROR, Barrie, Iginla, and Stuart especially, all underperfom expectations, and there will be a lot of revisionist posts and spin on the Colorado HF Boards come February about how the 13-14 team clearly overacheived and how the young core still needs time to learn and mature.

Hocks95*

1. Avs miss the playoffs. :(

2. Varly plays less than 25 games.

3. Mackinnon finishes in the top five in scoring.

4. Brad Stuart is one of the worst players in the NHL. His total inability to move the puck out gets the Avs stuck in their own zone a lot.

5. Iggy goes for 30

Bonus: Landeskog plays less than 50 games.

Mods, where the hell is the ban hammer.

why, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this thread is about BOLD predictions so I don't see the problem here. He's right about Brad Stuart arguably and what he said about Varly is more than possible. My predictions are the following:

1. Avs miss playoffs or make it as a wild card.
2. Mackinnon has less than 65 points in his sophomore.
3. Duchene is PPG and finishes top 7 in league scoring.
4. Tanguay puts up 65+ points
5. Erik Johnson finally gets some much deserved respect around the NHL.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
why, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this thread is about BOLD predictions so I don't see the problem here. He's right about Brad Stuart arguably and what he said about Varly is more than possible. My predictions are the following:

1. Avs miss playoffs or make it as a wild card.
2. Mackinnon has less than 65 points in his sophomore.
3. Duchene is PPG and finishes top 7 in league scoring.
4. Tanguay puts up 65+ points
5. Erik Johnson finally gets some much deserved respect around the NHL.

TheStranger was joking , of course everyone is entitled to their opinion .

Hocks95*

TheStranger was joking , of course everyone is entitled to their opinion .

fair. Also as another poster mentioned it IS complete bs that iggy has an A and Duchene doesn't. Talk about entitlement. Before Mackinnon came along and even arguably now Duchene is the face of the franchise. Had a stellar PPG year last year. Still can't get an A. Gross.

And this is coming from a guy that likes Iginla.

Aves Fren

Eat the Jets
Dec 20, 2005
1) Avs squeeze into playoffs
2) Varly injures groin severely enough to miss playoffs
3) Mission 16W for Varly's groin
4) Berra goes 16-0 in playoffs
5) Just like Joe handed the cup over to Ray, Gabe hands the cup over to Varly's groin for the most electrifying cup raise in history.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
fair. Also as another poster mentioned it IS complete bs that iggy has an A and Duchene doesn't. Talk about entitlement. Before Mackinnon came along and even arguably now Duchene is the face of the franchise. Had a stellar PPG year last year. Still can't get an A. Gross.

And this is coming from a guy that likes Iginla.

I seriously don't understand where all of this need for Duchene to get a Letter comes from...he is perfectly capable of being a leader while not wearing an "A", Iginla already singled him out (him, EJ and O'Reilly besides McLeod and Landeskog) as leaders of the team.

And there's more to being a leader than scoring. Scoring is great, it's what helps win games, but Matt tends to be way too hard on himself at times, and that led to him admitting that he was working with a Sports Psychologist so that when things weren't going so well he would learn to stop letting it mentally have an impact.

Matt Duchene is already a leader on this team, having one of the leadership letter's on his chest isn't going to change that.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I seriously don't understand where all of this need for Duchene to get a Letter comes from...he is perfectly capable of being a leader while not wearing an "A", Iginla already singled him out (him, EJ and O'Reilly besides McLeod and Landeskog) as leaders of the team.

And there's more to being a leader than scoring. Scoring is great, it's what helps win games, but Matt tends to be way too hard on himself at times, and that led to him admitting that he was working with a Sports Psychologist so that when things weren't going so well he would learn to stop letting it mentally have an impact.

Matt Duchene is already a leader on this team, having one of the leadership letter's on his chest isn't going to change that.

Gabe may be the captain and thats fine. But right now Duchene is the Avalanche. I firmly believe hes the most untouchable player on the roster.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado

Awesome post.

Gabe may be the captain and thats fine. But right now Duchene is the Avalanche. I firmly believe hes the most untouchable player on the roster.

Obviously. He's the one they structured the team pay scale around.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Iginla also said that it means more to the young guys than him at this point in his career.

I'd say MacKinnon has a slight edge on him in that category.

Hocks95*

fair enough and I also have heard of Duchene's struggles psychologically and how only people really close to him know the details but he has clarified that he has been over them now and was over them before last year. I know it's not just production. I just see leadership qualities in Duchene. Also, the very fact he is hard on himself may not be good for him being that hard on himself but it could get contagious to the team. Maybe giving him more of a leadership role will only help him? What has Iginla done for the Avs or in recent history to deserve the A over Duchene besides being an old uncle??? So yea I don't undersand how he has singled him out.

ROR cares more about his paycheck than the team. Erik Johnson debatable. I'd say Duchene is a better centre than Johnson is a dman. McLeod - meh. A year ago if you ask people that don't know too much about the avs who their captain is most would probably guess Matt Duchene. I just feel like he's a classy classy dude that's always been treated unfairly by the organization. Now Mackinnon comes along and people act like he is the new Crosby. It's crazy. Mackinnon will be great but is also the new toy right now and people like that. I see no reason why it wouldn't be close as to who's the better player in their prime yet people make mac seem a million times better cause hes the new toy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad