Confirmed with Link: Fitz signs multi year extension as GM, promoted to president of hockey operations

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It does feel like they intentionally got the Fitz thing in under the wire. If we didn't know anything was imminent a week ago, I'm sure we started getting wind of it after Formenton, Hart and Dube left their teams.

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
the league and the Utah team group have been very emphatic that the announcement was planned for weeks and they had no idea the investigation announcement was coming. Have to think it’s a similar issue with Fitzgerald’s extension.

OR they’re both full of shit, who’s to say!
Who knows when the plan to announce Fitz's extension was made, but teams granted leaves of absence yesterday so you figure they must have heard something by late Monday? I don't doubt the organization would want to get Fitz out there on a quiet day to avoid the obvious questions.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
the league and the Utah team group have been very emphatic that the announcement was planned for weeks and they had no idea the investigation announcement was coming. Have to think it’s a similar issue with Fitzgerald’s extension.

OR they’re both full of shit, who’s to say!
I would say the people in Utah had no clue on any of this. Fitz/Blitzer and internals of the Devils? They had to have, at least by the time the press conference started, which was after the Hart news. Dube was a few days ago. I didn't put that together, because I had no clue he was even on that team or involved.

Maybe the league rushed to put out the Utah headlines? I don't know. I don't wanna guess either way. I just wouldn't put it past the league to do a pattern interrupt/diversion with the Utah stuff. Do any of us actually trust the people running the league? We traditionally have not, so why would we now?

Again, I'm not saying they did or didn't. Just that I don't trust them. That's all.

Reactions: Bone Density

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad