OT: Fishing Thread

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
I fish Big Windy 2-3 days a week, this winter has been absolutely stellar for fish in the 17”-20” class. We have been getting at least 1 fish a day over 28” I personally have 5 masters this hard water season. The Whiteshell crappie bite has been a bit of a grind this winter, on them one day and off the next it should pick up and become more predictable as we get closer to spring.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I've fished for as long as I can remember. Species most often targeted is walleye... for both challenge and taste.

Bought my own fishing boat 6 or 7 years ago and almost exclusively fish the Winnipeg River system in Ontario (Kenora area). JETS CONNECTION: I had a nice long chat with Chevy one day at the Lund dealership where I bought my boat.

Caught my personal best on opening day back in 2018 (below pic). Now that was a really good day! JETS CONNECTION: The following day was a really bad day... Vegas knocked us out of the WCF!

IMG_7553.JPG

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Hmmm... Power lines in the background.... Powderpuff?

I've fished for as long as I can remember. Species most often targeted is walleye... for both challenge and taste.

Bought my own fishing boat 6 or 7 years ago and almost exclusively fish the Winnipeg River system in Ontario (Kenora area). JETS CONNECTION: I had a nice long chat with Chevy one day at the Lund dealership where I bought my boat.

Caught my personal best on opening day back in 2018 (below pic). Now that was a really good day! JETS CONNECTION: The following day was a really bad day... Vegas knocked us out of the WCF!

View attachment 320691

Reactions: jefferoni

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017
Love fishing and spend a lot of time out on the lakes ever since I was a kid. The Duck and Porcupine Mountain Provincial Parks are the best. Walleye, trout, whitefish, Arctic char, perch and trophy size northern pike and muskies. All this within just a short drive from each other.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Starting a fishing thread. Myself and my kids all enjoy fishing so I thought I would create a thread to discuss our favourite fishing spots and stories.

Let’s start
Are you Buff?:sarcasm:

I actually thought fishing was in my rear view mirror when I moved to SoCal but they stock a couple of lakes close to me (man made water reservoirs) and you can catch some pretty nice trout, bass & carp. And there is always the ocean but i haven't taken advantage of that.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Places I been to during my college days, caught a few hangovers too ......

Clearwater (North of The Pas) - caught lake trout

Flin Flon (Lake Atkapapushow) - caught northern pike

Paint Lake (not far from Thompson) - caught walleye

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Are you Buff?:sarcasm:

I actually thought fishing was in my rear view mirror when I moved to SoCal but they stock a couple of lakes close to me (man made water reservoirs) and you can catch some pretty nice trout, bass & carp. And there is always the ocean but i haven't taken advantage of that.

There are some fun one day trips from the port of Long Beach that you should take advantage of! The salt water fishing here is pretty incredible (at least compared to the cod and herring I was use to :laugh:).

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I usually go pretty remote for ice fishing. Trying to do some easier access lakes this year, but getting skunked the other day was no fun.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm always looking for kid friendly fishing spots (ie not dangerous spots), not requiring a boat and within 90 mins of Winnipeg. Don't care what kind of fish we catch, we only catch & release.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
FWIW I firmly believe fishing is one of the best ways to bond with your kids, and it comes with the added bonus of teaching them about nature and the importance of its conservation. My wife and I took our son on family fishing trips when he was growing up and he now looks forward to going fishing with us every time he comes home for a summer break from his ridiculously hectic lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Good times indeed... :thumbu:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
FWIW I firmly believe fishing is one of the best ways to bond with your kids, and it comes with the added bonus of teaching them about nature and the importance of its conservation. My wife and I took our son on family fishing trips when he was growing up and he now looks forward to going fishing with us every time he comes home for a summer break from his ridiculously hectic lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Good times indeed... :thumbu:

Coming from a split family with many issues including achohal issues with my father.......many difficult memories of him.....but the positives ones all revolve around hockey & fishing with him.

Reactions: ps241

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I'm always looking for kid friendly fishing spots (ie not dangerous spots), not requiring a boat and within 90 mins of Winnipeg. Don't care what kind of fish we catch, we only catch & release.
Red River. Don't go during high water as it's flowing faster, but during summer the river South of the city has good shore fishing and tons of species

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Red River. Don't go during high water as it's flowing faster, but during summer the river South of the city has good shore fishing and tons of species

Yup all the places I go are rivers, the Red, Nettle Creek, etc. Would like to find some more places and a lake or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad