Injury Report: Fisher injured 4-6 months

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well and at a certain point you gotta give these guys their shot and if its not there send them on. I've said from the get go that I thought Trotz being let go had less to do with last years result, and more to do with the way Trotz handled younger players and the guys Poile signed.

I think Poile got tired of signing guys, and drafting guys to watch them do nothing but mull around on the 3rd and 4th lines. Sure maybe they didn't deserve to be there, but maybe Poile thought they did and just didn't like how they were being handled.

I think two players are pretty good indications of that. One would be Stalberg. You don't sign a guy to that kind of money, with the expectations of being a top 6 guy for you, to watch him skate around on the 4th line because the coach said so ( from a GM's viewpoint). Second was MDZ. Obviously he didn't work out, but part of me wonders if Poile wasn't miffed because the guy was basically here on a tryout to see if he should be locked up long term, but Trotz never played him. Its hard to evaluate a guy when he is sitting on the bench. Part of me still thinks that more so than his play, that Trotz kept him benched because he was miffed about Klein being moved and him knowing he was already not going to be brought back. You would like to think professionals don't do that, but I'm not gonna lie, I probably would.

Obviously a good chunk of it is speculation on my part, but in my mind at least, it does explain some things.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
According to David Poile, they think Mike is due to be coming back at the end of November. This is mentioned at the beginning of the second video under "Question and answer part one".

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=730395

for reference, they "expected" Pekka back in late November last year….

if we see Fisher on ice playing for the Preds before the ASG I'll be pleasantly surprised

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
^^^Well hopefully Mike doesn't get some unplanned infection/complication like Peks did. I don't expect Mike to be back by the end of Nov. but at least it gives us a rough estimate of when they think or hope he will be back. As long as the other teammates play well though I don't think it will matter much when he comes back but if they are struggling then Mike might be an added help to the team depending on how rusty or not he is when he comes back.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Which is fine since the first two months of the season look like a .600 record without Fisher and the months after look like hell.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
for reference, they "expected" Pekka back in late November last year….

if we see Fisher on ice playing for the Preds before the ASG I'll be pleasantly surprised

I know you guys are negative but 6 months is about the right length. Honestly. I would be thrilled if he came back by End of November/Beginning of December. The schedule turns ugly in December.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He'll be a well needed addition at that point, but I wouldn't expect too much out of him until february/march. The type of injury he sustained has a history of having a long recovering process even once the player returns back to the ice. All about building up the strength.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
He'll be a well needed addition at that point, but I wouldn't expect too much out of him until february/march. The type of injury he sustained has a history of having a long recovering process even once the player returns back to the ice. All about building up the strength.

Even then I would take 15 mins a night midseason. Him on the 3rd line would spread a LOT of offense around

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Good thing about Fisher is he can play a bottom 6 role and be effective as he's not a guy who is top 6 or worthless. There will be injuries and if they happen late in the season having Fisher back close to full strength will be big plus in a playoff push.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad