Fisher could be back in next two weeks; Wilson day-to-day

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Gotchya. Thanks.

Jokinen has gotta pick up his game. He might be the odd man out when it comes down to who comes out of the lineup. Can't believe I'm saying that considering my dislike for Nystrom is known.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I think he will return very soon but with the way the team is playing they have the luxury of allowing him all the time he needs to be in shape and 100% before he risks real game action and another injury. Really we are in the perfect position here as eventually we will be able to add a legit top 6 forward to a team that is playing lights out without losing any assets.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Gotchya. Thanks.

Jokinen has gotta pick up his game. He might be the odd man out when it comes down to who comes out of the lineup. Can't believe I'm saying that considering my dislike for Nystrom is known.

If Goose and Nystrom continue to get hemmed in our end trying to clear like they have for the last couple weeks Nystrom is gonna' have to be odd-man-out - we've been burned a couple times already and even the other night the Leafs kept them trapped a couple times.

That said, I'd be content to sit them both and let Bourque skate with Goose and Beck...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Who knows if it's accurate but on the pre game show last night Brent Peterson said he's close and expects Fisher to play probably next Tuesday or Thursday.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The idea of Fisher playing with Roy and Cullen is pretty exciting. I suspect it will be replacing Nystrom or Jokinen as well.

I'd like to see Fisher between Cullen and Roy as well. Who sits will be determined in the next few games. I'd sit Jokinen as that would be the least disruptive move on the roster in keeping the other lines together and Fisher can take Olli's place on the PK.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I didn't get to watch but the last part of tonight's game due to spending time w/ my family for the holidays. How did Mike look? Was he on any of the PPs tonight?

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I didn't get to watch but the last part of tonight's game due to spending time w/ my family for the holidays. How did Mike look? Was he on any of the PPs tonight?

Fisher was flying out there. He looked great! I'm sure a lot of that was the excitement and adrenaline of it being his first game, but I thought he had a great game.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Thanks. I'm sure w/ time he will get better and also if he is paired up w/ better players like Cullen. It will probably take time for him to get used to his new line mates and the new system though, especially since he didn't get to practice or train w/ the group off season cause of his injury. I mainly think Mike can help the Preds on the PP and PK though, especially since those are the two areas they struggle at and he seemed to do well on the PP on the past.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Fisher was flying out there. He looked great! I'm sure a lot of that was the excitement and adrenaline of it being his first game, but I thought he had a great game.

Thanks. That is good to hear. That was one of my concerns was that he wouldn't be able to keep up w/ Laviolette's high pace offense/skating/forechecking system due to his size and not being the best/fastest skater compared to others, especially the smaller guys. So glad to see he was keeping up at least.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He managed to keep up with the play which is good. Didn't do a whole lot else though which is understandable. He has alot of rust that needs to be shaken off.

OpenWheel

Jan 10, 2007
Keweenaw Peninsula
It was nice seing him out there. I like him as a player. I think he's a good fit for this system with that heavy snap shot. Should be able to pot some goals. I think he'll help the penalty kill too with his savvy. Older, but still may have some years left with his versatile tough game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad