Fisher could be back in next two weeks; Wilson day-to-day

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I hope he's more than 50%, otherwise he should've just retired and we could've spent that 4.2 whatever mn on someone who's not on there last legs eerr achilles

Yeah I'm sure if you were owed 4.2 million dollars you'd say "no thanks I don't want it":shakehead

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
am a little disappointed in they're saying 'by end of month' and from fish's comments echoing that.

had hoped it was next game or two

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
What is going to happen once Fisher gets back?

Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal
That is the only safe line.

So what about rest?

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
What is going to happen once Fisher gets back?

Forsberg-Ribeiro-Neal
That is the only safe line.

So what about rest?

I honestly think the top 6 will stay put and he will end up on the third line to start. While Roy/Cullen/Smith are not lighting it up like out top line they have been productive. It will probably look something like this.

Forsberg/Ribs/Neal
Cullen/Roy/Smith
Oli/Fisher/Jarnkrok
Nystrom/Gaustad/Bourque or Beck

Once Wilson comes back as well I think Oli may end up on the 4th line and Beck and Bourque will sit.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Personally I would go

Forsberg/Ribs/Neal
Cullen/Fisher/Smith
Jarnkrok/Roy/Wilson
Nystrom/Gaustad/Beck/Jokinen

Cullen/Fisher/Smith showed chemistry last season as our top line.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Personally I would go

Forsberg/Ribs/Neal
Cullen/Fisher/Smith
Jarnkrok/Roy/Wilson
Nystrom/Gaustad/Beck/Jokinen

Cullen/Fisher/Smith showed chemistry last season as our top line.

With the Cullen/Roy/Smith line getting 6 goals and 7 assist combined over the last 7 games I do not see them being split up. They have been a solid and productive line since the return of Cullen.

Now being able to add a 20 goal scorer to the third line that can also help shut down other top lines is invaluable.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
With the Cullen/Roy/Smith line getting 6 goals and 7 assist combined over the last 7 games I do not see them being split up. They have been a solid and productive line since the return of Cullen.

Now being able to add a 20 goal scorer to the third line that can also help shut down other top lines is invaluable.
Roy is riding that bus not driving it.

Adding Fisher to that group increases their production, IMHO and we can then have 2 lines that have to be focused on all the time.

I guess what I'm saying is. I think Cullen and Smith's production would increase with Fisher, and I think Fisher would way outproduce Roy.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

Highlighted above.

Roy's been decent I suppose, but not key to that line's success.
Unless Fish needs to get back up to speed for a few games, Smith/Fish/Cullen get's my armchair vote.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Roy is riding that bus not driving it.

Adding Fisher to that group increases their production, IMHO and we can then have 2 lines that have to be focused on all the time.

I guess what I'm saying is. I think Cullen and Smith's production would increase with Fisher, and I think Fisher would way outproduce Roy.

I agree with you but when a line is rolling in hockey you do not mess with it. Fisher will likely need some break in time anyways so third line duty is more than likely where he will begin until that second line struggles.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It's a toss up between the 2nd and 3rd line center spot obviously. Despite Roy being a bit of a passenger, I think they work Fisher back slowly considering Smith and Cullen like to push the pace skating wise. So he could very well start on the 3rd for the first week then re-evaluate after that.

Forsberg/Ribs/Neal
Cullen/Roy/Smith
Jarnkrok/Fisher/Wilson
Beck/Gaustad/Jokinen
Nystrom

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I would almost think Fisher would be back on that second line as I wouldnt think youd want him having to be on the "shutdown" line against other teams top lines right off the bat...

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I would almost think Fisher would be back on that second line as I wouldnt think youd want him having to be on the "shutdown" line against other teams top lines right off the bat...

Doesn't Fisher have a much better two-way game compared to Roy, though?

Plus, it's easier to start him off slow and shelter some minutes on the third line.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I agree with you but when a line is rolling in hockey you do not mess with it. Fisher will likely need some break in time anyways so third line duty is more than likely where he will begin until that second line struggles.
It's not like they're red hot though. If they were clicking at an incredible rate I'd agree, but really they're not.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
I think it will depend on how much pk he plays. If Laviolette's inclinations are to use bottom sixers in pk roles, whether he or Roy is getting the pk action will determine which line he is on.

CaptainCatfish

Jan 4, 2014
Sweden, Göteborg
I watched Fisher allot when he was in Ottawa. Looking at hes stats It seems like hes still productive but hasnt played to many games.
Will be intresting seeing him in a couple of weeks definitely.

pekkaslap

Jul 8, 2011
I hope they aren't rushing him back to have him end up tweaking something and losing him for the year.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Seeing how Fisher is injury prone and just came off of a major injury, I would be okay w/ starting him on the third or fourth line to gradually easy him into the new system and not over extend himself. Once he seemed to be 100% then would be okay w/ having him on the second line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad