First Round Playoff Discussion: CBJ vs WSH.

CBJ or WSH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I stopped watching when he went through the lineups for Columbus.

"Milano-Dubois-Anderson
Panarin-wennberg-atkinson"

Obviously he hasn't been following the jackets, at all.
Ditto, i wanted to post the same, but you beat me to it. Also with Caps "Oshie, idk if he's gonna play or not" even i know he just had a Md.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Ditto, i wanted to post the same, but you beat me to it. Also with Caps "Oshie, idk if he's gonna play or not" even i know he just had a Md.
That's why I like watching the guys on NHL Network, not only are they ex-players, they actually watch EVERY SINGLE GAME or as many as humanly possible so they can give pretty valuable insight to different teams. Not only that they talk to players, GM's, scouts, coaches, the media, pretty much anyone who knows anything.

I use to think players had the best job, but these guys come to a pretty close second.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
That's why I like watching the guys on NHL Network, not only are they ex-players, they actually watch EVERY SINGLE GAME or as many as humanly possible so they can give pretty valuable insight to different teams. Not only that they talk to players, GM's, scouts, coaches, the media, pretty much anyone who knows anything.
Yep, opposite to what's bad about those "predictors" who use stat sheets and dailyfaceoff.com and nothing else to call a result. :)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Forgetting about his butchering of the lineups I think he made some valid points:

Jackets need to stay out of the box (he didn't actually say this just implied it with his combined special teams stat)

Bob is the key

Caps have more offensive firepower; Jackets have more depth

Jackets blue line much more solid than Caps.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
5D677A84-6808-485F-A3E9-74782D025EC8.jpeg
Seems like the money is going towards the Cbj.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Expectation is that #CBJ captain Nick Foligno (lower body) will be available for the start of the playoff series vs. Washington. He’s been out since March 24. Nothing official from the club yet. Practice at 11 a.m. in Ice Haus is open to public.

Porty's tweet.

Who sits? Sonny or Dubi?

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Expectation is that #CBJ captain Nick Foligno (lower body) will be available for the start of the playoff series vs. Washington. He’s been out since March 24. Nothing official from the club yet. Practice at 11 a.m. in Ice Haus is open to public.

Porty's tweet.

Who sits? Sonny or Dubi?
I like Sonny, but I don't know if he's tough enough for the playoffs. I stated on another thread, Sonny has to spend the off season in the weight room and get stronger. He's too easy to knock off the puck.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Porty's tweet.

Who sits? Sonny or Dubi?

I suspect Dubi gets a chance to see if he can contribute in a playoff setting.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I think we may have peaked to early. I don't like the way Bob is playing right now. which I think is the key to the series. If Bob is seeing the puck I like the match-up, but I see Washington in 5, but gosh I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: CPTN71

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I like Sonny, but I don't know if he's tough enough for the playoffs. I stated on another thread, Sonny has to spend the off season in the weight room and get stronger. He's too easy to knock off the puck.
If the third line is Milano-Foligno- Bjorkstrand in game one and Sonny creates too many turnovers he will be sitting and Dubi would come in in game 2 with Foligno on that wing.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Better teams than the Capitals have been beaten by worse teams than the Blue Jackets. This is the most optimistic I've ever been before a Blue Jackets playoff series and this is the best roster we've ever put on playoff ice.The general hockey commentariat who're picking Washington seem to be doing so based on a CBJ team that hasn't existed since the trade deadline. I like our chances. If I'm being honest I didn't like them in 09, 14, or last year.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
FYI he also completely left off Jerabek, a TDL acquisition d-man who has a very good chance of playing all of the games, and he said he really fancies Djoos who has played sparingly in the last month and is most likely a healthy scratch.

Sorry, not trying to intrude on your GDT, just making sure you guys are getting the right info. Carry on.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
FYI he also completely left off Jerabek, a TDL acquisition d-man who has a very good chance of playing all of the games, and he said he really fancies Djoos who has played sparingly in the last month and is most likely a healthy scratch.

Sorry, not trying to intrude on your GDT, just making sure you guys are getting the right info. Carry on.

NP - Thanks.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
I haven't seen any discussion of peli, the play ahead of these games. Last year you could see after 20 minutes that neither child or shit was coming out so taking time to shape up strategies and learning how to identify deeds of puck possession (in example delay take-offs and def-def's) could iniate a new era of awareness to ice hockey of Sininutut.

Before the dark times, before the buyout you could at least judge through two pillars of possession in Hartnell and Wennberg what is good. If that discussion rises through names that do not manifest wall-passes or time and space created it is only guess work whether Ovetskin splashes in every third game or if easter hand Bobrovski will allow also the next shot which are not the questions that will give you answer to the winner of the series. Play reveals everything.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think we may have peaked to early. I don't like the way Bob is playing right now. which I think is the key to the series. If Bob is seeing the puck I like the match-up, but I see Washington in 5, but gosh I hope I'm wrong.
No need to worry , Bob either proves himself as a goalie that can get it done in the playoffs , or he’s likely traded this summer . Personally I think he gets over the hump, this year .

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Toronto is the wild card. We shall see, but defense and experience are decisively in the favor of the Bruins. And you'd better bet Auston Matthews will have a heavy dose of Marchand and Bergeron, whose line didn't give up an even strength goal until January.
Hoping Toronto wins this one. I like their more free flowing style of play and would like to see it validated by winning against the Bruins contrary, more traditional style.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Hoping Toronto wins this one. I like their more free flowing style of play and would like to see it validated by winning against the Bruins contrary, more traditional style.

I would like to see the Leafs win also... but it might be the birth of a monster, so careful what you wish for!

I just think Boston has it. My guy says they will get hot, especially after their tough finish.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think Dubi is needed to deal with the Tom Wilson factor. We can't have Foligno or Anderson or Savard take themselves out for 5 minutes or longer when someone will have to react to the inevitable Tom Wilson cheap shot.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think Dubi is needed to deal with the Tom Wilson factor. We can't have Foligno or Anderson or Savard take themselves out for 5 minutes or longer when someone will have to react to the inevitable Tom Wilson cheap shot.
Dubi is not going to fight , with his reconstructed face, if someone needs to stand up to Wilson taking liberties , it will be Cole, Foligno , or Anderson. One shot to Dubis eye , and he would be toast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad