Post-Game Talk: First regulation loss for the Habs.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Remove the instigator penalty and Dube gets beat up.

Really unfortunate that the DoPS has no courage to suspend players.

Reactions: Gravity

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The biggest problem - is while Marc addressed the lack of physicality. We're still short an offensive defenseman.

We've got Petry who is solid and Romanov looks good, but is a rookie.

Edmundson has a pretty good shot, although he's not really known for that so it's kind of shocking. Kulak is Kulak. Solid, but that's about it. Chiarot doesn't bring much either. So the question becomes how to approach it.

Not hard the Edmundson sign was awful in terms of need.
He doesn't bring what habs need and his speed is god awful.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Toffoli is a good player, but not a pure goal scorer in my opinion.

I'm sorry, what ? All he's done is score goals so far.

do we have a Matthews or McDavid or some other generational talent ? no ( duh)

how would you describe toffolli ?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
we HAVE a speedy defenseman in mete who is on the taxi squad and apparently disgruntled. Why is he on the taxi squad ? because all he has is speed.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Does anyone understand the department of player safety anymore?
Why does league hate the Habs? I mean they've been completely irrelevant for the past 27 years... What's happening behind the scenes?

It is absolutely a guarantee that if the play is reverse Habs' player is headed for a hearing just about now.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Btw... watching the game on CBC/SN yesterday was painful. These guys are insufferable. I wish TSN had all Habs games. Their crew is good.

Reactions: austin316

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
I've seen Bouillon defend a teammates more than our captain. Good job being as intense in practice against your own teammates but defending and protecting your borderline teenager teammate would be good for the team spirit as well.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I've seen Bouillon defend a teammates more than our captain. Good job being as intense in practice against your own teammates but defending and protecting your borderline teenager teammate would be good for the team spirit as well.
Maybe he went to the Georges Laraque school of code.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I haven't watched the hits in slow-mo, but in real-time the KK hit didn't look that bad. If he's going to throw the body around he's going to need to learn to be aware that other players are going to come back at him.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He’s been good and has brought an element the habs lacked.
PErsonally I would like to see a bit more nasty from him, Perry and Anderson. But given how one sided the officiating has been against Habs in pretty much every single game they've played so far I can't blame if these guys are a bit more tentative in dishing crosschecks and elbows. Penalty kill is still to be desired.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I haven't watched the hits in slow-mo, but in real-time the KK hit didn't look that bad. If he's going to throw the body around he's going to need to learn to be aware that other players are going to come back at him.
But it was a head shot....not sure why it wasn't seen by the league this way. Shoulder to shoulder, no big deal but it was a head shot...

Reactions: Runner77

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005

I would describe Toffoli as a decent top 6 forward that can score and make plays, but that is not a pure goal scorer in the sense that he won't pot you consistently 30-40 goals a year. Even Gallagher who has scored 30+ goals 2 of the 3 years is not a pure goal scorer.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010

he’s played on a low scoring kings team for years. Even when they were good they didn’t score much. Tiffoli could legit be a 30+ goal scorer (over 82) for the duration of his contract.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I see Edmundson as very valuable in the early going so far. He actually moves well for a big man and is key to an improved PK.

So far top rated signing as a bottom end guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad