Post-Game Talk: First regulation loss for the Habs.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
To me he is starting the decline. He may have OK stats, but he doesn't look like he is playing at the same level as even 2 years ago. Not sure what he looks like in 5 years from now :eek:
He looks very good to me. Last year it looked like he was favoring a leg. Not this year. He looks quicker now, not that he's fast. But Mountain Man has played very well. Just behind Petry as #1 D.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
He looks very good to me. Last year it looked like he was favoring a leg. Not this year. He looks quicker now, not that he's fast. But Mountain Man has played very well. Just behind Petry as #1 D.
Yea I think Weber has looked fine . No point in finger pointing a lot after one game , after all . The habs have looked great so far this season . They’ll rebound from this , I’m just interested to see if Josh Anderson will be in the lineup , considering he has flu like symptoms .

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
View attachment 390752
Now all chill the f*ck down before you reply.
I believe in covid and that masks help...
But I believe colds and flu are still around though.

I live in Saskatchewan. People are generally pretty ridiculous when it comes to the covid issue. I hear over and over again about how the flu rate is so low.
1. It hasn’t disapeared. There are recorded cases of it.

2. They are not testing for it as much

3. And this is the big important one. The transmission rate (RO) of covid is much much higher than the flu. So things like social distancing, masks, reduced travel have a big impact on the flu. Once the RO of an infection hits a certain low threshold it will be reduced severely to almost nothing. But since RO of covid is much higher which means it spreads easier these protective measures are only reducing it. Science it’s your friend.
4. Not to mention flu shots were given out in record numbers.
5. Weird it’s almost like they have been telling us covid is more dangerous and more contagious. But yah sure if you think it’s like a flu of course you are going to be dumbfounded by the low flu numbers and especially if you get your information from memes and extreme far right sites.

My wife is a nurse in an icu and it’s a nightmare from what she has seen. And not just in the elderly. She had seen people our age (33) be on vents and not just unhealthy people. She says if they opened everything up it would be a complete disaster

average flu deaths in Canada per year 3500
Average flu deaths in the states per year 40000

deaths from covid in Canada in a year 20 000
Deaths from covid in The states In a year 430 000

now imagine if there were no restrictions. Just sick of the misinformation and it’s really bad out here on the prairies lol.

As to the game last night advanced metrics say we should have won the game. Almost 37 shots (I counted over 40). It wasn’t their worst game by far and if this is how we’re going to lose games this year I’m completely on board with that

and this post was directed at the person you were replying to not you lol

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Still pissed off about the loss last night... any news on KK? Is his head ok?

Habs need a couple of head hunters on the team. Sick and tired of dirty predatory hits on Habs without retribution.

Reactions: Habano

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Still pissed off about the loss last night... any news on KK? Is his head ok?
As far as I know, Kotkaniemi is fine. And I still think somebody should have dropped the mitts as soon as that hit happened, not just go in and facewash Dube. If your going to take a 2 minute penalty already for facewashing, you may as well go all the way and really teach these guys that targeting the youngest player on the team isn't cool.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Alot of folks on here like Corey Perry but he has lost more than one step and it's evident we need Armia back soon.

Habs added some excellent players this past off season and it shows but no way are they a top 10 NHL team.

I just don't see it...they could get there but if 1-2 players go down they have little depth that can step in.

I think byron, lehkonen, or even Evan's, can step into the top 9 if Perry can't do the job. Having a good top 9 should be the priority over having a good 4th line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007
As far as I know, Kotkaniemi is fine. And I still think somebody should have dropped the mitts as soon as that hit happened, not just go in and facewash Dube. If your going to take a 2 minute penalty already for facewashing, you may as well go all the way and really teach these guys that targeting the youngest player on the team isn't cool.
We've had two predatory hits to the head so far this season. What have the Habs done about it? Nothing . We are inviting more of the same . A message has to be sent the next time one of our players is run . A tit for tat as far as Im concerned.
If we dont , someone is going to really get hurt.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
We've had two predatory hits to the head so far this season. What have the Habs done about it? Nothing . We are inviting more of the same . A message has to be sent the next time one of our players is run . A tit for tat as far as Im concerned.
Somebody already got really hurt... Armia. And possibly KK. Concussions impact can show up later and not immediately after the hit. I am still worried he is not ok.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
What needs to be done is file a complaint with NHL player discipline/safety head honcho, our friend George Parros. If enough teams do the same, something might get done. Retaliating won't help and is a good way to get injured and miss games. Better to wait for an opportunity to deliver a solid "legal" hit.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Yea I think Weber has looked fine . No point in finger pointing a lot after one game , after all . The habs have looked great so far this season . They’ll rebound from this , I’m just interested to see if Josh Anderson will be in the lineup , considering he has flu like symptoms .
Well... even if it's not Covid but just regular flu, keep him away from the team.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
No response to Armia? Lehks and Evans jumped in started a scrum right away and then he had to fight Eddy. Are you watching the games?

Heat of the moment, I don't expect those two to initiate. They waited a game for a little retaliation. Big whoop.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
He probably meant not a kind of response that will deter. These are harmless scrums plays that happen every game and for the players it's as routine as taking a piss...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If you would have told me at the start of the season the Habs would be 5-1-2 after 8 games I’d be a very happy fan (I think we’d all be)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
if this is how we’re going to lose games this year I’m completely on board with that

This is where we differ I would much rather have laid an egg. This reminded me too much of important games in the last decade or so where the team had decent work ethic but was never comfortable in the game. I keep hearing how good Markstrom was but aside from a couple of toe saves he was only really tested on that Weber shot which he is still looking for. Allen had the tougher chances and was the better goaltender. Tatar should have buried that gimmee and we should have grabbed at least one point. It may not amount to much by the time all is said and done and the game was far more important for Calgary but hopefully we can learn how to win these tight ones when the opposition shows up.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Parros has to go. He continually allows these dirty hits to the head that can and will cause serious injury.

Having a talentless goon, who was all about "the code" in charge of player safety is a terrible idea.
Yup they need someone who isn't used to taking head shots calling the shots.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
This is where we differ I would much rather have laid an egg. This reminded me too much of important games in the last decade or so where the team had decent work ethic but was never comfortable in the game. I keep hearing how good Markstrom was but aside from a couple of toe saves he was only really tested on that Weber shot which he is still looking for. Allen had the tougher chances and was the better goaltender. Tatar should have buried that gimmee and we should have grabbed at least one point. It may not amount to much by the time all is said and done and the game was far more important for Calgary but hopefully we can learn how to win these tight ones when the opposition shows up.

Disagree montreal had the greater scoring chances and scoring metrics would agree. Why would you ever want your team to lay an egg.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Here's a shoutout to man molehill and Chiarot for so valiantly coming to KK's aid. Chiarot pats Dube on the head and our captain hugs him. Why the f*** are these guys on the team if they're not gonna bring a physical presence.

They're both marginal skaters that bring no offence and are caught out of position more often than not. Opposing players skate around them like pylons but oh yeah, I forgot, they're big and physical.

Even Lehkonen and Evans showed a ton of balls when they both went at 6'7" Myers after the Armia hit. We're talking about Dube here! Shea, don't be scared, he's not a big body and can't rag doll you like Sergachev did last year.

I would love to see what would happen to the culprit of a similar hit on Gaudreau if Lucic is on the ice. Hell, even the leafs, who most Hab fans dismiss as being soft would've reacted. If that was Marner being hit like that, would Simmonds have gone and patted the guy on the head and hugged him?

If I were KK, these 2 pricks would've gotten an earful from me after the game. What a complete f***ing joke. A pair of spineless f***ing p***yes, one of which is supposedly our captain.

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, the difference last night was obviously Markstrom and I'm happy to learn that Anderson is not injured.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad