Post-Game Talk: First regulation loss for the Habs.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I actually think Edmundson has been pretty good with Petry.

I think the top pair has been a quite weak.
Agree i think Chariot and Weber been #2 pair d-man at best this season.
Minus Petry i don't think we have any top 2 d-man. Id consider Petry as a good #2 in a good team. Of Course i think Romanov has the elite talent to be that top guy.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Disagree montreal had the greater scoring chances and scoring metrics would agree. Why would you ever want your team to lay an egg.
Yeah I love those pretty maps that fail to account for the scope of the opportunity. Our players were harried, hurried and impeded for most of those opportunities, hence the term uncomfortable in my post. Calgary scored on a power play with not one but two players alone in front of Allen. They had far more clear cut opportunities than we did. As for laying an egg. LOL How in the world do you come to the conclusion that an observation after the fact is a want. It’s actually a fairly common concept in sports. The way you lose is more important than the loss itself. The good news is it isn’t one week before facing Calgary in the playoffs. I am in no way the only person unhappy with the way we lost.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Yeah I love those pretty maps that fail to account for the scope of the opportunity. Our players were harried, hurried and impeded for most of those opportunities, hence the term uncomfortable in my post. Calgary scored on a power play with not one but two players alone in front of Allen. They had far more clear cut opportunities than we did. As for laying an egg. LOL How in the world do you come to the conclusion that an observation after the fact is a want. It’s actually a fairly common concept in sports. The way you lose is more important than the loss itself. The good news is it isn’t one week before facing Calgary in the playoffs. I am in no way the only person unhappy with the way we lost.

do you even know what you are talking about? Hockey is a fine line between a win and a loss and we had a ton of chances to score. But I guess you would be happier If they lost 6-1? Still not sure what you want. Calgary was a very desperate team and had more to lose. And we could have still won the game. Hey look I’m not happy either but that’s a not terrible loss.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
do you even know what you are talking about? Hockey is a fine line between a win and a loss and we had a ton of chances to score. But I guess you would be happier If they lost 6-1? Still not sure what you want. Calgary was a very desperate team and had more to lose. And we could have still won the game. Hey look I’m not happy either but that’s not terrible loss.

I clearly know more than you do. Go back to your heat map will you.
Markstrom made one nice toe save on Tatar one very good stretch save on Suzuki. The only other real test came from Weber and he hasn’t seen that one yet. The rest were weak ineffectual shots that hit him in the crest. Where have we seen this movie before and the same ensuing argument.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Markstrom made one nice toe save on Tatar one very good stretch save on Suzuki. The only other real test came from Weber and he hasn’t seen that one yet. The rest were weak ineffectual shots that hit him in the crest. Where have we seen this movie before and the same ensuing argument.
Gotta agree with this. Habs dangerous shots that hit the net were minimal when the rest of the opportunities were missed shots. Habs made Markstrom look pretty good with all those body shots and the obvious shots we were trying to take , calgary blocked like 50 of them. Habs struggled last night to move the puck and get in better position to score a goal.

Meanwhile Allen faced way more dangerous shots and Gaudreau was left alone during the powerplay which is literally a joke. Still took a perfect shot from Gaudreau to beat Allen.

Reactions: Rapala

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010

You clearly do not know more than me? Lol no But nice try at being an assertive asshole to look smarter than you are.
1. Anyone who wishes we would have gotten blown out over this performance clearly does not not know what they are talking about. The flames were a very desperate team and we hung with them. This team is no joke they led the divison 2 years ago.
2. You are selling the Habs short on their chances generated.
Examples Byron had two toe drags to the middle. Quality chances. Also not every dangerous chance has to be a dangerous shot. Example Evans was hard on the forecheck fed edmunson walking in solid shot on net lehky good back hand shot then Evans fanned on an open net twice. Easily easily could have been a goal there on 3 or 4 chances.

Also on Suzuki’s chance that you mentioned Anderson drove the net hard and got the rebound. Dangerous 2 chances.

danault had a beautiful drive around the net and fed it out front for a point blank chance that gallagher seen in his nightmares last night and Tatar almost chipped the rebound in.

Weber also has a quick snapper on the net with 2-3 layers of traffic that I believe danault tipped on and then gally almost got the rebound

powerplay in the second Romanov dragged to the middle fed it to the half wall then down low who gave it to Tatar in the horvat bumper position. Grade A chance.

Weber bar like you mentioned.

tiffoli drags it to the middle marksrom sticks out the pad to stop the goal but in doing so he leaves himself sitting right on his ass for edmunson to fire away. Pretty lucky there.

gally had a dangerous bad angle shot in the first in tight.

he also had a back hand with a. Couple mins left point blank and would have burries the rebound had the d man not got his stick there last second.

kk multiple great releases in the slot

Romanov beautiful drag to the middle and walked in with a solid shot.

Danault 3 on 1 terrible execution but extremely dangerous situation.

like I said we had multiple chances to win this game against a solid desperate Calgary flames. It’s clear you don’t know what you are talking about wishing we would have been just blown out instead. What a joke. And laughable that you tell me you clearly know more than me. Nice try at trying to be analytical tho.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well, I won’t deny we had a lot of “chances” and we did test Markstrom a few times, but for the most part, our shots were pretty much square into him. I’m not discrediting Markstrom, as he put himself in position to make the saves look easy, but we really didn’t put him in too much danger.

Put it this way, I didn’t feel he stole the game for the Flames.

Apr 28, 2010
24 hours later and I still can't believe how wide Danault shot that puck :laugh: jesus christ.

Anyway I thought the game could've gone either way. Habs did show up, just couldn't capitalize.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Caufield is exactly the type of player we could have used last night. No, he not a big bruiser obviously, but a pure goal scorer. We don't have a pure goal scorer on this roster. Somebody that only needs one chance to bury it. Somebody that can beat a hot goalie with a perfect shot.

There was literally barbwire on the ice and the Habs could not use their speed. What they needed was Lindros.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does anyone understand the department of player safety anymore?

What I understand is that they are leaving it to the players to right any perceived wrongs, whether they produce concussions or no concussions, unless DOPS determines that a hit falls within a very narrow interpretation (e.g. that it was made directly at an opponent’s head or the like).

Basically, it’s the wild, Wild West — have size and braun to deal with opponents that take liberties and if you don’t, then just watch your best players become man-games lost stats.

How is the NHL not a division of the UFC?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Clearly everyone was afraid of Dube....

Edmundson is going to have to extend to Dube, an invitation during warm-ups. This is the only outcome that DOPS non-intervention produces and that outcome is acceptable cause it’s deemed to be part of hockey culture.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
There was literally barbwire on the ice and the Habs could not use their speed. What they needed was Lindros.

Agreed, they weren't skating well at all....but they still could have used a sharp shooter on the PP. The difference wasn't 5 goals...it was 1 goal. Regardless of how they played the whole game, they could have used somebody like Caufield on the PP to bury one top corner.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Great releases usually goes all the way in, or at least towards goal and doesn't get blocked.

He just needs to be more deceptive with it and to learn how to get it through traffic. I've seen improvements but he has a way to go yet. Potential is there for him to be a goal scoring center. His shot is good and he's going to tinker with it

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You clearly do not know more than me? Lol no But nice try at being an assertive asshole to look smarter than you are.
1. Anyone who wishes we would have gotten blown out over this performance clearly does not not know what they are talking about. The flames were a very desperate team and we hung with them. This team is no joke they led the divison 2 years ago.
2. You are selling the Habs short on their chances generated.
Examples Byron had two toe drags to the middle. Quality chances. Also not every dangerous chance has to be a dangerous shot. Example Evans was hard on the forecheck fed edmunson walking in solid shot on net lehky good back hand shot then Evans fanned on an open net twice. Easily easily could have been a goal there on 3 or 4 chances.

Also on Suzuki’s chance that you mentioned Anderson drove the net hard and got the rebound. Dangerous 2 chances.

danault had a beautiful drive around the net and fed it out front for a point blank chance that gallagher seen in his nightmares last night and Tatar almost chipped the rebound in.

Weber also has a quick snapper on the net with 2-3 layers of traffic that I believe danault tipped on and then gally almost got the rebound

powerplay in the second Romanov dragged to the middle fed it to the half wall then down low who gave it to Tatar in the horvat bumper position. Grade A chance.

Weber bar like you mentioned.

tiffoli drags it to the middle marksrom sticks out the pad to stop the goal but in doing so he leaves himself sitting right on his ass for edmunson to fire away. Pretty lucky there.

gally had a dangerous bad angle shot in the first in tight.

he also had a back hand with a. Couple mins left point blank and would have burries the rebound had the d man not got his stick there last second.

kk multiple great releases in the slot

Romanov beautiful drag to the middle and walked in with a solid shot.

Danault 3 on 1 terrible execution but extremely dangerous situation.

like I said we had multiple chances to win this game against a solid desperate Calgary flames. It’s clear you don’t know what you are talking about wishing we would have been just blown out instead. What a joke. And laughable that you tell me you clearly know more than me. Nice try at trying to be analytical tho.

GTFO with your insults they only prove how childish you are.
Your comprehension, game assessment and spelling are all at the same level WEAK. As weak as most of our attempts at goal, our poor execution, and our pucks hitting the goaltender dead center. Markstrom was in position I'll grant him that but your take on our scoring chances are viewed through rose colored glasses and influenced by a glorified heat map. Don't bother replying I don't correspond with minors.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Your comprehension, game assessment and spelling are all at the same level WEAK. As weak as most of our attempts at goal, our poor execution, and our pucks hitting the goaltender dead center. Markstrom was in position I'll grant him that but your take on our scoring chances are viewed through rose colored glasses and influenced by a glorified heat map. Don't bother replying I don't correspond with minors.

you are the one insulting me by saying you clearly no more. Just make your point without being an asshole. You are a clown buddy and still don’t know what you are talking about. Been playing this game my whole life. The Habs could have easily won that game. My perception of the game and Advanced stats back that up. Also usually when people bring up grammar they don’t have a Clue about the topic at hand. Lol at you think I’m being insulting. Grow up and learn the game before you spout off nonsense. I know you wish we would have just been blown out. Makes sense you great intellect. Look forward to your next game analysis.

Most of flames chances were on scramble plays. Even JG goal was a deflected pass caught by him. At least the Habs had some organized plays.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But it was a head shot....not sure why it wasn't seen by the league this way. Shoulder to shoulder, no big deal but it was a head shot...

Here's a second head shot -- the tweet that came out of the Flames Official Twitter account, but which was subsequently deleted.

Why not celebrate that cowardly hit that "Dubs" gave to KK. Idiots.

Apgekwk.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad