More effort for full 60 please.

B43EABA3-E002-40D4-A692-FCEEEB7E6545.gif

Last edited:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Everything went wrong in the 1st.

Defenseman pinches and no forward back him resulting in a 3-on-1 goal.

We get a power play and PLD immediately takes a penalty.

Three Jets standing around the goal scorer for goal 2.

Puck off Dillon's skate.

Rittich fumbles the puck.

Good news is there's 78 games left to play.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
I dunno was Ridich really that bad?

Team came out flat.

Good push back in the 3rd.

More effort for full 60 please.

View attachment 596984
Rittich was shaky the first 15 minutes, and was ultimately not prepared.

Players subsequently did not know how to react, and were, ultimately not prepared.

Again, Arniel has to stop play after the first goal (or at the latest the second!) there and knock some sense into the guys with a timeout.

This start is on the coaches - the guys weren't ready.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another game where there are lessons to be learned but also some positives to take out of it.

There were some system/understanding issues that lead to us giving up a couple of grade A chances that ended up in our net. But once we settled and got back into our systems we played well the back half of the game.

In a game like this you need your top line to step up and they were MIA tonight. I feel like Mark has played much better this year but he has to be able to saw off his matchup against Echiel. Conner was too much on the perimeter and was overhandling the puck. Apelton didn't add much tonight. They need Fly back to drive the puck out of and into the ozone.

Second line played well and could have had another goal or two. Thought Wheeler looked a bit gassed tonight and it lead to some poor puck decisions. Dubois was buzzing all over tonight and Cole continues to look much more comfortable and assertive. He probably should have shot a bit more though.

JoMo was back to last years JoMo tonight. Assertive all over the ice. Pionk with another good night jumping into the play.

Fourth line looks like a line that can generate some chances and possibly some tertiary offense while being responsible.

I still struggle with the third line checking concept in today's game. I'll give them some more time but they aren't checking that well and produce little.

I'll be honest I was expecting a .500 team the first 10 games given the strength of our schedule while learning new schemes. We are tracking right around that Mark.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Everything went wrong in the 1st.

Defenseman pinches and no forward back him resulting in a 3-on-1 goal.

We get a power play and PLD immediately takes a penalty.

Three Jets standing around the goal scorer for goal 2.

Puck off Dillon's skate.

Rittich fumbles the puck.

Good news is there's 78 games left to play.

Yup some break downs but I still have no idea what DeMelo was thinking on that first goal. He needs better recognition. He gets the puck on the point and sees all forwards going in deep expecting a rim around or dump amd yet he proceeds to walk in deep and throw a puck at the net with all three in deep. Definitely a mix up but as a vet he should know not to force a play when he knows he has no one backing him up.

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
regardless of whether he was fine or not he wouldn't have been in the line up anyways since it was a lhd injured
Move Schmidt back to his natural LHD position?

Moot point though, as obviously it was not an option. Just trying to blow off some steam after a bad game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad