SHAW C
PANARIN B+
KANE A-
ANISIMOV B

TT C+
BICKELL F-
DESJARDINS C-
GARBUTT F-
( cannot rate Rasmussen, Danault ....too small a sample of games to grade properly).

KRUGER F

KEITH B-
SEABROOK B-
HAMMER C+
ROZSIVAL B

TVR C-
CC A-
Darling C
(too small a sample size to grade Gustafsson yet).

Yes I mark hard...the marks are based on both contribution to the team and some assessment of relative to each player's own highest standards..

For instance ...Kane gets A- ....tremendous contribution to the team but still could improve some aspects ...if I gave A+ it means the highest possibleblevel/no room.for any omprovement
How can he go from A- to A+ in the 3rd half? More good shifts per game ...stronger compete on the back-check and d-zone checking while still producing g off season at te same level.

Toews gets a D+ because except for a handful of games so far he has not hustled enough ...not shot enough.
.and not taken the puck enough to generate expected offense 9f a $10.5 million player.Based on his own high standards he has not lived upto them most of the first half. Vast room to improve to get to his A game more 9f ten. .He has been A+ on faceoff and about C meh level.pn goal scoring to expectation.But especially 5x5 he just does not seem like any danger threat for opponents .
AND SO based on him not being anywhere near top form consistently..I have to grade him at D+ only.

SEABROOK'S top form is about a B+ ...so B- reflects a few games where he just is off mentally or not moving well defensively..He is producing offense this year..

Keith has produced offense since getting back from.injury ...but defensively too many sloppy or off top form defensive efforts
.a mixed bag lower than his top form.

Hence B- for him.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Damn, I'm glad I didn't have you as a teacher in middle school. Some of those are pretty harsh for a team near the top of the NHL.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Toews C-
Kane A+
Hossa C-
Panarin A-
Anisimov B+
Shaw C+
Bickell F
Danault B-
TT C+
Dejardins C
Garbut D
Manshinter D-
Rassmussen C
Kruger C-

Keith B+
Seabrook B
Hammer B-
Rosival B
TVR C
Gus B-
Scudari C

Crow A
Darling C-

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
What world exists where there are F+'s and F-'s?

None. If you fail, you fail. You cannot fail well or worse. What Fiddy did not include was the grade scale which I would imagine would be interesting.

He gave Hossa a F+. How is that possible? Hossa is in the bottom 60% of the league right now?

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
We have the 4 best record in the league and 35% new roster. So I think we have to avg out as a B- as a team. which means we need to AVG out at that with all the grades. you are Avg out as about C- when you factor in all the grades which makes no sense at all.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
For a team with a lot of Fs, Ds, and Cs, it's fairly shocking that we sit in a threeway tie for third most points in the league right now.

Either the grading scale is way off or the rest of the league is just godawful.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
We have the 4 best record in the league and 35% new roster. So I think we have to avg out as a B- as a team. which means we need to AVG out at that with all the grades. you are Avg out as about C- when you factor in all the grades which makes no sense at all.

How do you figure that the Hawks have to average out as a B- with the fourth best record?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
F+???
F+????????!!!!

jck.gif

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Toews C+
Kane A+
Hossa C+
Panarin A-
Anisimov A
Shaw C
Bickell D
Danault B+ *
TT C-
Desjardins B
Garbut C
Manshinter D
Rassmussen C+
Kruger C-

Keith B+
Seabrook B
Hammer B-
Rosival B
TVR C+
Gus B- *
Scudari C *

Crow A
Darling C *

* - small sample size

In my assessments, there's no such thing as a player only being a B+ tops (as HF50 claims when it comes to Seabs). All players have their own ceiling and it is A+.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Toews C+
Kane A+
Hossa C+
Panarin A-
Anisimov A
Shaw C
Bickell D
Danault B+ *
TT C-
Desjardins B
Garbut C
Manshinter D
Rassmussen C+
Kruger C-

Keith B+
Seabrook B
Hammer B-
Rosival B
TVR C+
Gus B- *
Scudari C *

Crow A
Darling C *

* - small sample size

I agree with almost all of these, although I'd rate Gus s bit higher, desi lower, and give Bickell an F.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I agree with almost all of these, although I'd rate Gus s bit higher, desi lower, and give Bickell an F.

Agreed on all accounts. I'd even drop Kruger's grade a tad too. He wasn't even winning faceoffs at his usual good level when he got hurt to add to his poor year.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Are these grades as a player or are they to their role/standards? I'd give Toews a C- or C for him when I'd give Desi a solid B for what he's supposed to do and what he's doing.

But Jonny is five times the player Desi is, even in a down year.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Are these grades as a player or are they to their role/standards? I'd give Toews a C- or C for him when I'd give Desi a solid B for what he's supposed to do and what he's doing.

role/standards is the only way to properly assess, imo.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Until very recently Desi provided nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad