First 16 games

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Can we win 8 of the first 16 games?

Like Chi,Dal,Mtl,Col,Ari,Sabx2,Vegas at home ?

Your thoughts on the beginning of the season?

No. We might get 12 to 16 points with some combo of wins and loser points.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Might be hard to do. I think those first 16 games will tell the tale for this season for the team.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I feel like its an ''not so tough'' start to the season
I mean no Was, Pitts,SJ,Tampa,Win or Nash

Might be opportunity to build something

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
This will be the year the Senators finish in the bottom of the league and actually win the lottery.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
The coach is on probation going into this season. He’s going to pull out all the stops to get out of the basement and keep his job.

We’re less skilled this year, so I predict 5 wins, 10 loses and 1 OT loss in the first 16 games.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Usually by the November American thanksgiving the top 5 or 6 teams are set in the playoffs from each conference.

This team from year to year, as we all know, flippin changes dramatically. So from the somewhat cycle of 1 good 1 bad year I would say maybe we come out of the gun just winning games, you know?

I can just see Stone get off to a hot start like 3 points a game in 8 of 11, If Karlsson is back and healthy then he will help out somehow I'm sure.

Plus none of that drama.

I am pretty excited to see how these young guys go into the lineup. Young talent is fun to discover from game to game because they sometimes turn out to be very good and have new unique skills that make watching each game more fun.

9-2-5, shootouts aren't easy. always lose

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Usually by the November American thanksgiving the top 5 or 6 teams are set in the playoffs from each conference.

This team from year to year, as we all know, flippin changes dramatically. So from the somewhat cycle of 1 good 1 bad year I would say maybe we come out of the gun just winning games, you know?

I can just see Stone get off to a hot start like 3 points a game in 8 of 11, If Karlsson is back and healthy then he will help out somehow I'm sure.

Plus none of that drama.

I am pretty excited to see how these young guys go into the lineup. Young talent is fun to discover from game to game because they sometimes turn out to be very good and have new unique skills that make watching each game more fun.

9-2-5, shootouts aren't easy. always lose
24 in 11 games (if he goes pointless in the other 3) would be league leading, and the best start to a Sen in franchise existence.

Setting the bar a bit to high.

I think a ~5-8-3/6-9-1 record may be attainable, but think we'll be in for some bad growing pains all year.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Sens were 3-0-2 last season before Karlsson came back from injury. Ryan and Stone were healthy, goalies didn’t suck and when EK came back (probably too early), things started to fall apart

Not only that, but we beat Calgary and Edmonton back to back 6-0 and 6-1 in Alberta. Without Karlsson (or Duchene). I know Karlsson is good, but there are 19 other players dressed.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Can we win 8 of the first 16 games?

Like Chi,Dal,Mtl,Col,Ari,Sabx2,Vegas at home ?

Your thoughts on the beginning of the season?

We can win 8 games if Karlsson is still here and carries the team on his back.

If he's gone, well, we're ****ed.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
2-3 wins in the first 16

Probably would have predicted something similar for Vegas last year .. so I guess.. doing better is possible

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not only that, but we beat Calgary and Edmonton back to back 6-0 and 6-1 in Alberta. Without Karlsson (or Duchene). I know Karlsson is good, but there are 19 other players dressed.

Did you forget how we had Turris in place of Duchene? Also, how we had an actual #2 C in Brassard? Oh, and how about how we had Hoffman but now have a third line player in his spot?

As I said, if Karlsson stays and dominates like he can, we might be decent, but otherwise I don't see how you can compare this roster and say it's as good or better than last year's.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Did you forget how we had Turris in place of Duchene? Also, how we had an actual #2 C in Brassard? Oh, and how about how we had Hoffman but now have a third line player in his spot?

As I said, if Karlsson stays and dominates like he can, we might be decent, but otherwise I don't see how you can compare this roster and say it's as good or better than last year's.
Turris had 6 points in those 2 games. Hoffman had 4. Its actually pretty crazy how good Turris was for us before he was traded. Maybe some of the best hockey he's played ever.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
First 5-10 games of a new season are always a bit of a tossup. Rosters aren't 100% set, some vets take a bit longer to warm up, you have guys who had injury issues over the summer still finding their game, and some not-quite-ready-for-primetime rookies end up going above and beyond their normal play for a few games before crashing back down to earth. Strong teams look weak, and weak teams can look like world-beaters.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad