FIRE Shero Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

I think he should be fired, for all the reasons stated, and more. But, Mario is the puppet master. Don't think for a second that Shero suddenly woke up and thought 'I don't like having guys like Cooke, Talbot, Malone, Ruutu, Roberts, Asham, Godard, Laraque, Rupp anymore. I'm going to replace all them with guys like Richard Park, Cal O'Reilly, Zack Boychuk, Gibbons, Megna, Connor, Kobasew, Pyatt, etc'.

There's a reason the roster has gotten significantly smaller, weaker, and less physical over the last 4 years, and I don't think Shero is to blame.

As I said in the other thread, my main problem with him, aside from what was already said, is his drafting. We have at least 3-5 NHL ready defensemen wasting away in the minors, yet we still don't have a winger for Sid, and dick around every year with the scrubs I listed above at wing.

You are right on all accounts. Arent you sick and tired feeling like this? It has reached the point of where do you even begin to criticize Shero, he is terrible in so many aspects.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I must have missed the infamous "We are just a big ole happy family" press conference.

It happened right after we were humiliated by Boston in the playoffs last year. Remember the whole 'we're sticking with Fleury and Bylsma is getting an extension'?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Jim Benning, Norm Maciver, Joe Will. I dont know what GMs have expiring contracts, but you would be hard pressed to find someone worse than Shero at this point

Just because you want to grab an assistant GM from successful teams like the Hawks, Sharks and Bruins, doesn't mean they will be better GMs than Shero.

They would most likely replace him with Botterill anyway, who would be a hot commodity should he ever decide to leave the Pens org.

In the end, we have no clue what any of these guys would do. New doesn't necessarily mean better.

Shero is in zero danger of going anywhere. A guy like Murray has been entrenched in SJ for over ten years, despite them being annual playoff chokers. Want to know why? Because good GMs are hard to find.

Fire Shero*

Shero is in zero danger of going anywhere. A guy like Murray has been entrenched in SJ for over ten years, despite them being annual playoff chokers. Want to know why? Because good GMs are hard to find.

Doug Wilson is the Sharks GM, but thanks.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
I bet you that will end badly.

Maybe, but you know what has ended badly for sure? Every full season Bylsma has coached. So what have we got to lose?

I think Tocchet brings that physical edge this team needs. I don't think he would care what players think of him and would do what it takes to win.

I kinda, in a round about way, in a less than spectacular fashion have spent time talking with Tocchet and I can tell you he still has a desire to win at anything he does. We need that passion behind the bench.

**Disclaimer= I am not saying I know Rick or know if he is even interested in coaching.

penguins2946*

Jesus Christ this website sometimes :shakehead

Go cheer for another team Wingerz. If everything about the Pens sucks so bad, go take your negativity to another fanbase. Go be a fan of the Oilers if you want a team to hate everything about.

If the Rangers, Philly or Washington haven't fired their GMs, there's no chance in hell Shero gets canned.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I would but you got the wrong guy. Bylsma's the problem. If Bylsma didn't want Adams/Glass here, they wouldn't be here.

Fire Shero*

San Jose has been a very good team under Wilson. Here are a few names drafted by SJ over that time:

matt carle
milan michalek
joe pavelski
torrey mitchell
devin setogucchi
marc edouard vlasic
jamie mcginn
logan couture
jason demers
tomas hertl
charlie coyle

That is why is still employed. Compare that to Shero's draft picks.

****ING PATHETIC

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Kind of sounds like Homer. When is the last time Philly won a cup?

I don't understand your point. I haven't *****ed once about Shero's team only winning one cup. That's not how I judge a team. But I do look at how he has built the NHL roster and our Prospects. Based on that criteria I'm not sure how anyone can make a reasonable pro-Shero argument.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I seem to remember some 'stacked' rosters getting upset in the playoffs... According to you, they might not actually have been upsets.

I'll give you loyalty to Bylsma (I suspect this could be his last season) and insufficient drafting for need, but the various trades and signings looked pretty good to me. Even the Dupuis deal might not look as bad if he were actually playing.

He didn't mismanage this team to playoff disaster. You understandably dislike his perceived non-reaction to the latest failure, but, since the next playoffs haven't begun, there's only been this empty regular season to judge...

Last edited:

Fire Shero*

Jesus Christ this website sometimes :shakehead

Go cheer for another team Wingerz. If everything about the Pens sucks so bad, go take your negativity to another fanbase. Go be a fan of the Oilers if you want a team to hate everything about.

If the Rangers, Philly or Washington haven't fired their GMs, there's no chance in hell Shero gets canned.

I hate this argument. It reminds me of Fox news. If you dont agree with everything George Bush did, you are not a patriot and should move away from the US!

False

I love the pens, I am tired of sitting back watching shero ruin this team. Criticizing hardly means I like the pens less than anyone else

Fire Shero*

Bylsma is a horrible coach. It was shero who kept this idiot around. But even if we had the best coach in the league, we wouldnt win with this roster.

Shero knows Bylsma is addicted to playing idiots like Pyatt, Adams and Glass. But he keeps these players around. He is an enabler to Bylsma's addictiom

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
And I mean... yeah... Ray Shero is not having a great year/past offseason. I agree with that.

But everyone did want to bow down at this guy's altar as recently as last year's trade deadline and his entire tenure before. The only thing I've ever looked at him with suspicion about, long-term, is his drafting record. And he's still plucked some good players out of it.

Pick on Disco all you want. I think Shero deserves a little more benefit of the doubt, for now.

penguins2946*

I would but you got the wrong guy. Bylsma's the problem. If Bylsma didn't want Adams/Glass here, they wouldn't be here.

Eh I think that also is on Shero. When Therrien was doing the same with Ouellet that DB is doing with Glass/Adams, Shero got rid of Ouellet. Glass/Adams and their situations are both on Bylsma and Shero. DB for playing them way too much and Shero for not getting rid of them.

Fire Shero*

And I mean... yeah... Ray Shero is not having a great year/past offseason. I agree with that.

But everyone did want to bow down at this guy's altar as recently as last year's trade deadline and his entire tenure before. The only thing I've ever looked at him with suspicion about, long-term, is his drafting record. And he's still plucked some good players out of it.

Pick on Disco all you want. I think Shero deserves a little more benefit of the doubt, for now.

That is ********. You can thank Jarome Iginla for making that trade happen. He obviously was wrong in picking Pitt over Bos, but you cant credit shero.

He overpaid dramatically for Murray and Morrow. You donnt cough up a guy you drafted in the first round for a broken down 3rd line winger that is past his prime and a pending UFA.

You dont waste 2 second round picks on a guy like Murray, sorry.

The Jokinen trade was solid. But the Jokinen trade hardly makes up for Shero's short comings as of late

penguins2946*

I hate this argument. It reminds me of Fox news. If you dont agree with everything George Bush did, you are not a patriot and should move away from the US!

False

I love the pens, I am tired of sitting back watching shero ruin this team. Criticizing hardly means I like the pens less than anyone else

There's a difference between criticizing problems hardly and criticizing everything hardly. That's not being critical, that's being insane. I'm not acting like Bylsma is the best coach, Shero is the best GM and we're going to win 5 cups in a row. But hating everything any saying how bad everything is is just as dumb as the other.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh

False

Actually, this thread is like a Tea Partier trying to impeach Obama for communism while actual communist states laugh out loud.

Fire Shero*

Well keep supporting Shero. Maybe he can sign 4 forwards this summer that will be waived...

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Does anyone remember back to the HBO 24/7 show with the Pens and Caps? Remember how after each game Bylsma and Shero would sit in the office and grade every player from the game? Then they would also discuss who should be scratched, called up, etc for the next game.

If they still do that, then Shero and Bylsma can really be considered one entity right? So it's impossible to despise Bylsma but love Shero, and vice versa.

Personally I think the biggest problem is Mario, followed by Byslma (cause he really is a dunce), and then Shero. Maybe they should sell the team to Cuban, hire a new GM, and get Lavs as a coach!

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Actually, this thread is like a Tea Partier trying to impeach Obama for communism while actual communist states laugh out loud.

Well he's taken over the banks, healthcare, part of the auto industry, and student loans. He's told private businesses what they can and can't do, told religious institutions what they can and can't provide, and has 'spread the wealth' from the middle class to his cronies. Karl Marx would give him a thumbs up.

Fire Shero*

Thanks to those of you who signed the petition.

I guess some of these people need another 2 or 3 years of Shero's incompetence before they realize how terrible he is.

Some people still want Tangradi back, so I shouldnt be surprised that others take a couple extra years to see the light.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Doug Wilson is the Sharks GM, but thanks.

I always mix up Doug and Murray into one person, sue me. It's not the first or last time I'll do it.

The point still isn't changing.

Shero isn't even close to being on the hot seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad