FIRE Shero Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

I am sorry, I know this will probably not lead to anything, but the thought of Shero running this team for another season makes me sick. We need a new GM before the draft, Shero needs to go the day the Pens are eliminated.

His 2013 off-season:

Kept Marc-Andre Fleury
Signed Bylsma to a 2 year extension
Signed Scuderi to a 4 year, $13.5 million (LA signed him to 4 year deal $13.6 million deal, I am not sure why he didnt get paid less at this age)
Re-signed Craig Adams for not 1, but 2 years
Re-signed Pascal Dupuis for 4 year deal (he turns 35 next month)
Signed Kobasew, DAgs, and Jeffrey, all waived

Let Cooke walk to be signed for $2.5 mil a year, would you rather have Cooke or Adams and Glass

PATHETIC

I dont want to list all of his mistake as of lates, that would take literally thousands of words.

Please sign the petition. If not, please explain to me why Shero should not be fired, I am really interested in what people have left to say in his defense.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I am sorry, I know this will probably not lead to anything, but the thought of Shero running this team for another season makes me sick. We need a new GM before the draft, Shero needs to go the day the Pens are eliminated.

His 2013 off-season:

Kept Marc-Andre Fleury
Signed Bylsma to a 2 year extension
Signed Scuderi to a 4 year, $13.5 million (LA signed him to 4 year deal $13.6 million deal, I am not sure why he didnt get paid less at this age)
Re-signed Craig Adams for not 1, but 2 years
Re-signed Pascal Dupuis for 4 year deal (he turns 35 next month)
Signed Kobasew, DAgs, and Jeffrey, all waived

Let Cooke walk to be signed for $2.5 mil a year, would you rather have Cooke or Adams and Glass

PATHETIC

I dont want to list all of his mistake as of lates, that would take literally thousands of words.

Please sign the petition. If not, please explain to me why Shero should not be fired, I am really interested in what people have left to say in his defense.

I agree with everything you say, but I hate Petitions. My philosophy is that if the Pens ownership doesn't care anymore, why should I? Which is why I have watched under 5 Pens games this season.

Fire Shero*

I hate petitions too, but I cant just sit here anymore and watch Sid and Geno ruin their careers because of the incompetence of one idiot.

Haha this is the reaction I expected. Oh well.

Fire Shero*

Okay, this is getting old. How many threads do we really need to blow steam out in?

We should condense all shero discussion to one thread, but when a 35 year old has been he signs causes 2 goals against, that thread about him signing scuds will get bumped

Fire Shero*

I love how if this was a fire disco thread, more people would be open to it.

Who signed Disco to the extension? When a company is performing horribly, who do you go after the President or Vice President? The guy at the top usually gets blames, not the people below him.

Fire Shero*

waaa waaa waaa, go cheer for a different team, or maybe call mario, he'll listen to this endless blubbering im sure

I love the Penguins and it pisses me off that one idiot has ruined this team.

But please, feel free to continue to support the guy, I am sure you will eventually dislike him, maybe after 10 years of futility

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
And who are we replacing Shero with? Give me some names, since you want others to explain themselves.

It's the same deal as with DB: you need to have a better replacement and I don't see any GMs better than Shero lounging around waiting to get hired.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
And who are we replacing Shero with? Give me some names, since you want others to explain themselves.

It's the same deal as with DB: you need to have a better replacement and I don't see any GMs better than Shero lounging around waiting to get hired.

I can't give you names, that is way above my pay grade. But I want a gm that gets it! I want a gm that doesn't say "We are just a big ole happy family" after a playoff exit that was completely embarrassing. I want a GM that realizes that it's ok to have a few vets near the end of their careers here to help in leadership roles, but not to rely on them as the core of the team. I want a GM that can draft and develop more than one forward prospect over an eight year span.

Fire Shero*

Jim Benning, Norm Maciver, Joe Will. I dont know what GMs have expiring contracts, but you would be hard pressed to find someone worse than Shero at this point

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I can't give you names, that is way above my pay grade. But I want a gm that gets it! I want a gm that doesn't say "We are just a big ole happy family" after a playoff exit that was completely embarrassing. I want a GM that realizes that it's ok to have a few vets near the end of their careers here to help in leadership roles, but not to rely on them as the core of the team. I want a GM that can draft and develop more than one forward prospect over an eight year span.

Kind of sounds like Homer. When is the last time Philly won a cup?

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I think he should be fired, for all the reasons stated, and more. But, Mario is the puppet master. Don't think for a second that Shero suddenly woke up and thought 'I don't like having guys like Cooke, Talbot, Malone, Ruutu, Roberts, Asham, Godard, Laraque, Rupp anymore. I'm going to replace all them with guys like Richard Park, Cal O'Reilly, Zack Boychuk, Gibbons, Megna, Connor, Kobasew, Pyatt, etc'.

There's a reason the roster has gotten significantly smaller, weaker, and less physical over the last 4 years, and I don't think Shero is to blame.

As I said in the other thread, my main problem with him, aside from what was already said, is his drafting. We have at least 3-5 NHL ready defensemen wasting away in the minors, yet we still don't have a winger for Sid, and dick around every year with the scrubs I listed above at wing.

Fire Shero*

This is a great idea, I've never encountered a petition that was ineffective.

I hear you, but I am sick of just sitting around doing nothing. I am sure nothing will come of this, but if for some reason some people would share this, I would gladly tweet, email, text this to every radio sports broadcaster, local news, to the pens, whatever it takes.

I wish someone would create a petition. I know I am one of the least respected posters on this website, so I am sure this wont work. But Shero makes me sick. I thought maybe just maybe, if enough people were to sign it, it could create a buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad