Fire Luke Richardson

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They absolutely weren't trying to tank. They went out and spent a pile of cash on free agents. They just built a prelockout team for a post lockout league.
There was a new cap and I recall some of that was trying to get to the cap floor, with Khabibulin as a multi-year building block

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
There was a new cap and I recall some of that was trying to get to the cap floor, with Khabibulin as a multi-year building block
They gave Khabi like 17% of their cap space. Tallon allegedly got a round of applause for bringing the Hawks "back" in the front office before the season started. I promise you they were trying to win hockey games, they just did a terrible job of going about it. They went out and paid Aucoin, Cullimore, Lapointe, Barnaby and Curtis Brown.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They gave Khabi like 17% of their cap space. Tallon allegedly got a round of applause for bringing the Hawks "back" in the front office before the season started. I promise you they were trying to win hockey games, they just did a terrible job of going about it. They went out and paid Aucoin, Cullimore, Lapointe, Barnaby and Curtis Brown.
They left about 6 roster spots wide open at the start of training camp for rookies to claim jobs (remember no 04-05 season so it wasn't clear who if anyone would be ready based on lack of callups)

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Posted this in another thread. I think on both beginnings of an argument for whether he’s a top 2 or top 4 it comes down to that idea of “you’re only as good as your last game played”. Until about January(?) I think this board would have no problem with discussing his lack of performance to signify top pairing.

“Calling jones the 20th best(or most productive) ppqb over the last 7+ years is disingenuous at best, as it is is a limited position… for those with an average of 2:00 a game or more on the powerplay(threshold should probably be 1:00-1:30 min since PP2 jumps on) he’s ranked 51st out of 81 in power play points per 60 which is probably a more reliable metric to measure production. I guess that is the same percentile if there is 1 ppqb each team, but it would leave him close toward the back or a standard deviation below average”

Bowman probably thought he could find cheap offensively minded talent to supplement his game, or vice versa a SAHD defenseman to allow him to justify the contract…

Either way his numbers to me represent that of a #3, and as others have implied it won’t get better with 6 years left for someone who’s physically aging and your game revolves around athleticism

On the thread topic, I don’t have a crystal ball shoved up my ass, but watch what you say as the monkey paw curls — I’d put money for Don Granato to come back to Chicago and be involved here for better or worse. Some say he’s great at developing young talent. Others say he has no system, no adaptation strategies, etc.
You picked the term “disingenuous” What is it when you compare PP points per minute when the Pp has a 3rd liner and 2 4th liners.
Bedard has 1st line talent by is still babyshit soft and sucks at the dot so the PP so the PP starts on defense.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
You picked the term “disingenuous” What is it when you compare PP points per minute when the Pp has a 3rd liner and 2 4th liners.
Bedard has 1st line talent by is still babyshit soft and sucks at the dot so the PP so the PP starts on defense.
He didn’t have 3rd liners or 4th liners when comparing the previous years. Think that post was made in November or December, if frustrations were spoken it was just anecdotal at that point

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They left about 6 roster spots wide open at the start of training camp for rookies to claim jobs (remember no 04-05 season so it wasn't clear who if anyone would be ready based on lack of callups)
Has nothing to do with anything I said. That wasn't a rebuild year. Hell I was posting on this board in the threads. They went after Kariya and Elias with boatloads of cash. They wanted to make the playoffs.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Atlanta Thrashers Payroll: $37,170,200
Chicago Blackhawks Payroll: $30,141,200

I rest my case. But this is a waste of time and a distraction by now.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Cooper and Brindamour are staying on their respective teams IMO. Carolina is probably making it to the ECF and most likely the SCF. Tamapa is on the slow cap decline and a coaching change won’t save them anyway.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
If the rumors end up being true that Rod Brindamour will get paid, but his assistants won't, by Tom Dundon, I would offer Rod a lot of money to come here and take care of him and his assistants.
I’d certainly be down for that. It would suck for Luke, but they would be doing what the Cubs did with Renteria and Ross, which was realize that there was an upgrade available and they pounced

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and TLEH

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
If the rumors end up being true that Rod Brindamour will get paid, but his assistants won't, by Tom Dundon, I would offer Rod a lot of money to come here and take care of him and his assistants.
I don't know if The Bod coaches anywhere but in Raleigh. He has worked for the Hurricanes since retirement. Also is pretty involved with the Junior Hurricanes as well (which I know doesn't mean much).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad