Fire Luke Richardson

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
He hasn't lost the locker room.

He has no talent to coach except an 18 year old.

What kind of results are you expecting exactly?

Are you sure? Can you explain to me why there seems to be a tweet basically the same as this after every game?

Can you explain to me why the powerplay and penalty kill continue to be absolute garbage, basically the worst in the league with no adjustments to how they work?

How about the systems in general, and how the opposing players are constantly left wide open.

How about the team not once showing up to the game on time, literally always having to play from behind.

You want to scratch Reichel, sure he’s played like crap. But where are the scratches for our locker room leaders who are literal garbage every single game?

This isn’t about wins and losses, I expected lots of losses. This is the team literally not trying ever. This is not acceptable.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
On a good team...
Kurashev - bottom 6 F
FOligno - 4 LW
Dickninson - 4C
Raddysh - 4RW maybe
Johnson - Depth player
Jones - 2nd pair RD
Vlasic - 2nd/3rd pair LD
Murphy - 3rd pair RD
Korchinski - Juniors
Kaiser/Phillips - AHL
Tinordi / Zaitsev - 7th D

literally everyone else is AHL tier, what do you expect?

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019

Are you sure? Can you explain to me why there seems to be a tweet basically the same as this after every game?

Can you explain to me why the powerplay and penalty kill continue to be absolute garbage, basically the worst in the league with no adjustments to how they work?

How about the systems in general, and how the opposing players are constantly left wide open.

How about the team not once showing up to the game on time, literally always having to play from behind.

You want to scratch Reichel, sure he’s played like crap. But where are the scratches for our locker room leaders who are literal garbage every single game?

This isn’t about wins and losses, I expected lots of losses. This is the team literally not trying ever. This is not acceptable.

The tweet does not say that he has lost the room. Lol. You are reading that into the tweet.

It actually says Bedard was fired up and really wanted to play well.

Where in the text does it say that Richardson has lost all 23 'Hawks? I'll wait.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Seth Jones should not be looking this bad.

I still think he's a good player, but the lack of structure is making him look bad.
He's playing with rookies either Vlasic but mostly Korchinski. It makes a difference. Having 3 pairs of rookies makes a difference. People on here hated Caleb Jones or Jack Johnson, things would look more structured with them still here.

This is bad by design and by playing rookies. They look worse than earlier in the year without AA, Perry, and Hall which were 3 better players than the alternatives, and they weren't that good themselves

If you think this team is looking any better after a new coach little bump... I think you're bad evaluator of hockey. It's a tanking roster, I don't care about Richarsson. No coach would make it look good. You should all understand that though

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Effort. But that’s apparently too much to ask for for you guys. Can’t be Luke’s fault.
We all knew it was gonna be ugly this year. Every single model had us among the worst in the league.

If you wanna cry about it, cry about it. I don't care. But it is what it is right now and a coaching change won't move the needle any.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
We all knew it was gonna be ugly this year. Every single model had us among the worst in the league.

If you wanna cry about it, cry about it. I don't care. But it is what it is right now and a coaching change won't move the needle any.
Hey that’s great that you already knew it was gonna be this bad. But then why have the kids here? What has the coaching done that says, yeah they’ve done a good job developing them? The only one that looks good is Bedard because he was going to succeed no matter what, nothing to do with coaching.

If the team wants to be a joke like this, send Reichel to Rockford and Korch to the WJC so they’re not subjected to this nonsense. This is not helping their development whatsoever.

Reactions: hockeydoug

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Hey that’s great that you already knew it was gonna be this bad. But then why have the kids here? What has the coaching done that says, yeah they’ve done a good job developing them? The only one that looks good is Bedard because he was going to succeed no matter what, nothing to do with coaching.

If the team wants to be a joke like this, send Reichel to Rockford and Korch to the WJC so they’re not subjected to this nonsense. This is not helping their development whatsoever.
Bro what you talking about. They’re learning to be nhl players by playing in the nhl.

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
Imagine knowing you are in a development season where you will likely finish in the bottom 5 of the league and you are upset that your team is losing games and playing bad. Don't take into account a season ending injury for a top player or the fact that third line players are getting first line minutes.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Vlasic looks fantastic.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I agree he does, and I’m happy for him. But that feels like his development was in Rockford. He came into this year NHL ready despite most of us thinking otherwise.
He didn't develop solely in the A. He is still developing now, and doing a great job at it, as well as I'm sure Richardson had a good conversation with Vlasic and the Icehogs about where he could improve upon.

And if you're looking for other kids developing here, another name is Kurashev, who has looked noticeably more consistent so far this year.

Reactions: Sinbad

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

I don’t always agree with Jay, but his tweet chain here is on point. This is the frustration. Even if you are a bottom feeder, these are things that can be improved upon, even if only slightly, through proper coaching.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
On a good team...
Kurashev - bottom 6 F
FOligno - 4 LW
Dickninson - 4C
Raddysh - 4RW maybe
Johnson - Depth player
Jones - 2nd pair RD
Vlasic - 2nd/3rd pair LD
Murphy - 3rd pair RD
Korchinski - Juniors
Kaiser/Phillips - AHL
Tinordi / Zaitsev - 7th D

literally everyone else is AHL tier, what do you expect?
Next year…
Connor Bedard
Philipp Kurashev
Taylor Hall
Andreas Athanasiou
Ryan Donato
are the only NHL calibre forwards signed…

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
There's one top 6 forward on the team. Zero top pairing D.

The reality is no coach can get this roster winning games.

Kyle Davidson is intentionally tanking. Other than Foligno, who is a good 3rd liner, he didn't bring in any talent in the offseason.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
There's one top 6 forward on the team. Zero top pairing D.

The reality is no coach can get this roster winning games.

Kyle Davidson is intentionally tanking. Other than Foligno, who is a good 3rd liner, he didn't bring in any talent in the offseason.
I still think Jones is a top pairing D for now.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019

I don’t always agree with Jay, but his tweet chain here is on point. This is the frustration. Even if you are a bottom feeder, these are things that can be improved upon, even if only slightly, through proper coaching.

Idk man, at this level it's not on the coaching staff to tell Murphy not to stand there slack-jawed on a backdoor pass on the third goal or to tell Tinordi not to abandon the netfront as he chases his man halfway back to Chicago on the first goal. The players just stink. We knew that before the season started.

I dont agree with some of Richardson's usage decisions but it was always going to be a frustrating year outside of Bedard's moments of individual brilliance, anyone who said otherwise was squinting a bit too hard at the roster.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Mikitastan

Nov 22, 2021
It’s another tank year boys. We’ll have another top five pick come spring 2024. We need it and I hope we have good enough amateur scouts that can find some gems outside of the first. Keep stockpiling the talent.

On the flip side, yes, this is frustrating to watch. We know we will be losing games, but not like this. 5-3 and 4-3 would be fun. Luke won’t let them play like that.

This is what it is.

Lightning - keep losing lol

Reactions: TheOne and Cowch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad