Fire Luke Richardson

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Yes, because that's all I've posted in my 28,000 posts on here. Calling LuRich a moron. Every post. Not just 10-15 out of those 28,000. Do you ever not post braindead shit? That post to Bobby is 100% accurate. He bitches about the hockey talk. He bitches about the non-hockey talk. He bitches about everything. He's our token board "get off my lawn" guy.
You know I wasn't just talking about you, right? Sorry to tell you @ChiHawks10 but you're not the main character of the forum even if someone replies to you.

I never said any player shouldn't be accountable. I said Bedard has earned the right to play center. His 56 points in 59 games speaks loudly to the fact that he has. And part of being a complete NHL center is taking faceoffs. And the only way he is going to hone that skill is, oh, I don't know, maybe by actually taking faceoffs.

Do you disagree that Bedard has earned the right to be an NHL center?
Bedard does play NHL Center. If he occasionally lines up on the Wing, then that sort of multi-faceted development can only help.

Reactions: Pertti and BobbyJet

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You know I wasn't just talking about you, right? Sorry to tell you @ChiHawks10 but you're not the main character of the forum even if someone replies to you.

Bedard does play NHL Center. If he occasionally lines up on the Wing, then that sort of multi-faceted development can only help.

Usually when you quote someone, you're talking directly to them, unless you specify otherwise...

Not a hard concept.

And even with that said... if you think the 50 or so posts calling LuRich a moron are the only hockey talk on this board... maybe you should wander back to the main boards?

Reactions: Pez68 and Giovi

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Usually when you quote someone, you're talking directly to them, unless you specify otherwise...

Not a hard concept.

And even with that said... if you think the 50 or so posts calling LuRich a moron are the only hockey talk on this board... maybe you should wander back to the main boards?
Are you going to say this thread isn't repeatedly bumped every Hawk loss to essentially call the coach an idiot?

Reactions: BobbyJet

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Are you going to say this thread isn't repeatedly bumped every Hawk loss to essentially call the coach an idiot?

There's more conversation in it than just posts calling him an idiot. People tend to put their reasons why in it, and discuss the aspects of his coaching that they dislike. Again... if you don't like the conversation here, wander back to the shithole main board where you came from. Or here's an idea... ignore the f***ing thread? It's pretty easy to do so. There's even a little button you can click if you can't help yourself from reading it.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Again... if you don't like the conversation here, wander back to the shithole main board where you came from. Or here's an idea... ignore the f***ing thread? It's pretty easy to do so. There's even a little button you can click if you can't help yourself from reading it.
Again... if you don't like the thread, then don't read it? Or click that little ignore thread button. And again... not a difficult concept.
"Stop stifling discussion!"

"Also if you disagree with me, I demand that you leave the discussion!"

Why are you so afraid of discussing lines/pairs? I made a lengthy post about all the "Reichel is being treated unfairly" topic in this thread, you didn't reply to that. I would say I contribute more to "the discussion"

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
But he should have to earn "something" over a bunch of 4th liners and/or guys that have no business on an NHL roster? Like... what?
In the interest of furthering discussion, will you elaborate on your beliefs that Bedard is not getting ample opportunity over 4th liners?

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Why are you so afraid of discussing lines/pairs? I made a lengthy post about all the "Reichel is being treated unfairly" topic in this thread, you didn't reply to that. I would say I contribute more to "the discussion"
Point out where I demanded you leave the discussion? I don't know if I've ever seen a poster on here struggle with reading comprehension on the level that you do, or that tries to twist what people say more than you do. You can literally read something, and then post something that is absolutely 110% not related in any way, somehow. It's mind-boggling.

I'm not afraid of discussing lines or pairs. I discuss them all the time. Just not with you. I tend to not have conversations with rocks most the time. With that said, I'm overdue for popping you back onto ignore. Bye little buddy.

In the interest of furthering discussion, will you elaborate on your beliefs that Bedard is not getting ample opportunity over 4th liners?
How the f*** do you get this...

Out of this...

God forbid the 18 year old kid has to earn something. Sounds terrible for development.

But he should have to earn "something" over a bunch of 4th liners and/or guys that have no business on an NHL roster? Like... what?

:laugh:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Point out where I demanded you leave the discussion? I don't know if I've ever seen a poster on here struggle with reading comprehension on the level that you do, or that tries to twist what people say more than you do. You can literally read something, and then post something that is absolutely 110% not related in any way, somehow. It's mind-boggling.

I'm not afraid of discussing lines or pairs. I discuss them all the time. Just not with you. I tend to not have conversations with rocks most the time. With that said, I'm overdue for popping you back onto ignore. Bye little buddy.
If you don't want to discuss the thread topic because you don't trust yourself to defend your ideal lines/pairs, you're welcome to not post in it. Meanwhile you can continue liking posts that say "this guy is an absolute joke" I suppose.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Two options

1) Building out a culture that outlasts any current player or coach, where everyone has some degree of accountability, regardless of their draft positioning or some projection of the "future".

2) Giving every young player that comes on the roster a full season of doing all the things regardless of how much that puts them in positions to have individual success or the team's ability to battle and hang in there in the hopes that you will be able to raw force them into being in positions to excel in those spots in five years. Tell any veteran who has their own NHL career to think about to shut up and collect their paychecks because they don't matter.

Pick one, because you can't have both. I know which one I'd rather have young players come into their own into. Too many people here that think there aren't real people involved and they can just sim "Be a GM mode" on EA sports their way through a rebuild. Of course those same people that demand Bedard take every faceoff and Reichel play exclusively with the best semblance of talent will whine when the Hawks get blown out that they aren't "playing hard" or "defending properly", without the slightest semblance of irony.
You obviously make an exception with Bedard. He’s that talented now and potentially the most important part of our team going forward. His success is paramount to winning Cups and he needs to be given every chance to succeed.

Where does this narrative come from anyway that players will be upset at a lack of accountability for Bedard? They can’t be that brain dead. They have to realize he’s a 1st OVR pick and they’re far from it. It’s not disparaging it’s just reality.

God forbid the 18 year old kid has to earn something. Sounds terrible for development.
What has he been given that wasn’t earned? What flaws in his game have translated to not earning specific opportunities yet?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
If you don't want to discuss the thread topic because you don't trust yourself to defend your ideal lines/pairs, you're welcome to not post in it. Meanwhile you can continue liking posts that say "this guy is an absolute joke" I suppose.
The thread topic is actually "Fire Luke Richardson", not "Discuss your ideal lines/pairs". :laugh:

I know, reading is hard for you.

Moving on.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Why are you ignoring the parts where I repeatedly said he needs to take faceoffs to improve in that aspect of his game?
Bedard has taken 487 faceoffs. I think he's had ample opportunity to develop that portion of his game this season amongst the 10,000 other things he is learning to do at an NHL level this season. You don't need everything everywhere all at once. It's not like he's taken under 50.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Why are you ignoring the parts where I repeatedly said he needs to take faceoffs to improve in that aspect of his game?

The typical top 6 center takes over 1000 faceoffs per season. Most #1 centers will take 1200-1400+, with your top FO guys regularly taking like 1400+ . Bedard is a #1 C as of right now, and needs to improve on that aspect of his game, yet he has basically taken 1/3 of the faceoffs that he should be taking for his role. That's ample opportunity to develop this aspect of his game, obviously.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The typical top 6 center takes over 1000 faceoffs per season. Most #1 centers will take 1200-1400+, with your top FO guys regularly taking like 1400+ . Bedard is a #1 C as of right now, and needs to improve on that aspect of his game, yet he has basically taken 1/3 of the faceoffs that he should be taking for his role. That's ample opportunity to develop this aspect of his game, obviously.
Only 36 Centers have taken over 1,000 faceoffs to date. I counted 4 of those 36 that are below 47 % at the dot.

There were 29 Centers that took over 1,200 faceoffs in the 2022-23 season. Exactly 1 was below 47 %.

Bedard is sitting at 39 % on the season. Foligno is at 54 %, but apparently Foligno should take 0 draws if he is out there with Bedard. The braintrusts here have really figured things out. :laugh:

Last edited:

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The only fix is to not waste time of players that are going to be around a while.

I'm talking about the top 5 or 6 UDFAs every year. They are more likely to match or exceed the value of those late firsts and 2nds on average almost every year. Kempny, Suter, Kubalik, Raanta, etc.

On that 52.5% keep doing the math and look many years does it take to get a final disposition compared to 2 UDFAs overlapping the same period. The club is flexible, able to take on players, and shift gears quickly compared to loading up on dozens of their own picks. Timelines matter.

Why fight the CBA more than they have to? I don't understand why Chicago would want more complicated decision making without a bunch of heavy hitters in the front office.

I still haven't seen how Richardson leaving makes the team or development timelines any worse. Why not have some accountability across the board (KD has to admit the error too), and light a fire under players' rear since they either practice like crap or consistently fail to be ready for games?
Richardson leaving doesn’t make the timeline any better either. Chicago has 1 (count ‘em ONE ) 1st line forward and 0 (count ‘em ZERO) 2nd line forwards. 4 (my opinion) decent 3rd liners and a plethora of 4th liners and 13th forwards. Nothing really to develop there.
I don’t necessarily see LR as the coach of the team long term but when you are matching one of your 4th lines against a teams top 6 it doesn’t go well. Be prepared all you want.
You claim they aren’t prepared because they get outplayed so badly early. Maybe the opponent comes out flying because they know Hawk players can’t match up.
And I love the development of the defenders.
Korchinski has been up and down. You can blame LR but I blame Korchinski and Murphy’s injury. Vlasic has passed him like he’s standing still. Maybe use him with Jones until Murphy is back and healthy. Megna, Zaitsev and Tinordi are all #7 Dmen. Without Murphy to cover KK’s still pretty flawed defense it hasn’t been pretty.
Again... if you don't like the thread, then don't read it? Or click that little ignore thread button. And again... not a difficult concept.
He asked you to post specifics. Evidently you got nothing because you tell him to ignore the thread.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Richardson leaving doesn’t make the timeline any better either. Chicago has 1 (count ‘em ONE ) 1st line forward and 0 (count ‘em ZERO) 2nd line forwards. 4 (my opinion) decent 3rd liners and a plethora of 4th liners and 13th forwards. Nothing really to develop there.
I don’t necessarily see LR as the coach of the team long term but when you are matching one of your 4th lines against a teams top 6 it doesn’t go well. Be prepared all you want.
You claim they aren’t prepared because they get outplayed so badly early. Maybe the opponent comes out flying because they know Hawk players can’t match up.
Korchinski has been up and down. You can blame LR but I blame Korchinski and Murphy’s injury. Vlasic has passed him like he’s standing still. Maybe use him with Jones until Murphy is back and healthy. Megna, Zaitsev and Tinordi are all #7 Dmen. Without Murphy to cover KK’s still pretty flawed defense it hasn’t been pretty.

He asked you to post specifics. Evidently you got nothing because you tell him to ignore the thread.

All he does is come in this thread and bitch at other people for bitching about the coach. I said repeatedly that if he doesn't want to read the thread bitching about the coach... then just ignore the thread. And I said that multiple times BEFORE he ever asked me to "post specifics". It's all right there for you to read, in chronological order even... Not too hard to follow along.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

And he's not the only one who constantly moves the goal posts and/or stoops to personal attacks. Such is this board.

I think HF50 has the right idea. Post your opinion and don't fall for the inevitable baiting from certain posters.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
He takes about half the faceoffs when he's out there as a center. I know his numbers at the dot are not good, but not taking faceoffs seems like a pretty bad way to learn to take faceoffs.

It's not about winning this year, it's about learning.
Sure but I think it's more about using him as a weapon on the half wall for o-zone draws than about not wanting to give him the opportunity. That's a little over half of his potential faceoff opportunities gone and I don't really disagree with the deployment there.

The d-zone draws I'll give you. But on the balance he has been given a very generous leash at center for an undersized 18 year old who doesn't play good defense.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
  • Richardson has throttled important time for important future players for no gain. (KK pp 1 time for example)
  • Richardson lead one of the worst losing streaks of the cap era (road losing streak for the cap era records)
  • Richardson has some of the worst periods of NHL hockey in the cap era, including multiple 0-1 shot periods...even at home. (one of those they were credited a shot that wasn't a shot)
  • Richardson's team has no identity on the ice. (no one should try to argue this)
  • More of the younger developing players have had poorer or underwhelming years than met or exceeded reasonable expectations.
I'm not even going to rehash the in game decisions, benchings, combos, spec team, forechecking, etc. decisions I would question with every coach. How about zone entries either way with their 2nd-4th time seeing a team?

The goal is to be ready to win in a few years. What has he done better to accomplish the long term goal that literally any other qualified HC candidate could not do? That's the question I have for his defenders. They get the same roster excuse next year Richardson has had for 2.

The average for an NHL coach is 2.4 years. It's time.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
  • Richardson has throttled important time for important future players for no gain. (KK pp 1 time for example)
  • Richardson lead one of the worst losing streaks of the cap era (road losing streak for the cap era records)
  • Richardson has some of the worst periods of NHL hockey in the cap era, including multiple 0-1 shot periods...even at home. (one of those they were credited a shot that wasn't a shot)
  • Richardson's team has no identity on the ice. (no one should try to argue this)
  • More of the younger developing players have had poorer or underwhelming years than met or exceeded reasonable expectations.
I'm not even going to rehash the in game decisions, benchings, combos, spec team, forechecking, etc. decisions I would question with every coach. How about zone entries either way with their 2nd-4th time seeing a team?

The goal is to be ready to win in a few years. What has he done better to accomplish the long term goal that literally any other qualified HC candidate could not do? That's the question I have for his defenders. They get the same roster excuse next year Richardson has had for 2.

The average for an NHL coach is 2.4 years. It's time.
Solid points, some people just have total different goals or expectations to reasonable levels.

The goals I disagree with and even think it's down to some fans being impatient. Which is fine, but I think you need to expect totally tanking your team does more damage cause of talent than anything. I don't really expect success until 27-28 from a playoff total team talent wise.

To me, Its year 2 of 3 years of wanting to be bottom 3 and despite your points of bad streaks or periods... we aren't even the worst team in the league. Should they fire Rocharsson and hire David Quinn?

Reichel is the only prospect of having an underwhelming year for expectations. Idk who your multiple players refers too. Who else? What 19 year Olds succeed well better than Korchinski a lot in the NHL? What 19 year old dmen get pp1 time? He's grown but he also wasn't really ready for the nhl yet.

I thought all offseason keeping Caleb Jones/vet LD would be better. Kaiser didn't look nhl ready Full time last year. He fits the timeline of expecting him to be mostly in the AHL this year but I felt he was rushed a bit too. I know some expect DEL or Allen next year... they can still learn with multiple AHL years to develop. Let it happen.

Reactions: statswatcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad