Fire Luke Richardson

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
They'll beat up on SJ again and the excuse wagon will come rolling out again for this guy.

The media probably out to stop being so useless with this franchise. He needs to go. You would think they would have learned not to trust the organization after the last few decades.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
This loss pretty much ensures we pick in the top 4 . And that's a good thing .

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Anyone who is upset about loses already LOL

I get being upset about Reichel’s usage but being mad that a team 1 year deep into a rebuild is a bad team is smooth brain energy. Models have the hawks playing as expected this season we aren’t a good team that is under performing like NJ or Ottawa, nor are we a weak team over performing like Vancouver

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anyone who is upset about loses already LOL

I get being upset about Reichel’s usage but being mad that a team 1 year deep into a rebuild is a bad team is smooth brain energy. Models have the hawks playing as expected this season we aren’t a good team that is under performing like NJ or Ottawa, nor are we a weak team over performing like Vancouver

Who is mad about the Hawks being bad?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Who is mad about the Hawks being bad?
Seriously. Its like people aren’t even paying attention to what’s being said.

It’s not about the losses, it never has been, we knew what this team was from the start.

It’s the non efforts every single game. It’s the bullshit lineups that don’t work and changing the only damn line that works. It’s the over reliance of non NHL players. It’s the treatment of the future players, Reichel specifically. It’s not fixing glaring issues in the system over the year (Seth Jones on the PP, not defending backdoor passes)

You could write a book on shit Luke has done wrong this year. He’s been atrocious, and yet you still have people saying it’s because the team is bad, he must have no part in it.

But those people will realize soon enough when this team needs to show some improvement in the next few years, that those issues are going to remain.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I love how the Hawks have had like 8 different players pass their Rookie eligibility this season and people still think the Coach "hates/is mean/no fair to young players". I have no idea what a "net neutral" to young players coach would be doing, lol, but I suppose it would be Reichel getting straddled next to Bedard for 50 games and Korchinski playing PP1 all season, in both cases "just cuz" (fyi, both have had a mega disproportionately high amount opportunity relative to their League standing).

Almost as funny as the "I can take the losing, it's the playing poorly part that makes a losing team that bothers me!" Their powerplay stinks and they surrender high danger chances, wow, who could have seen that coming with this group of rookies and plugs. Can't believe the first time Head Coach hasn't prevented those things, while still accomplishing the "lose games" objectives.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022

i guess i just don't get it because i look at these lines and i do not see a combination that doesn't get laughed at. that's why i keep using the deck chairs on the titanic analogy.
Why would we spread out the 4 guys who probably max out as 4th liners on all 4 lines?
i count five players who are at best fourth liners on an nhl team today, and i think donato is a third liner, but i won't pick a fight over that. the real issue is there are at least 9 bottom six or worse forwards on the roster. with the bedard-kurashev connection, you can at least make a half-assed first line. team has no second line. the personnel is only there to roll maybe a third line and two fourth lines any given night. what richardson has done is take that, and turn it into three fourth lines. not indicative of good strategy, but i'm also not gonna wonder about it any longer than it takes me to write this post.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Ok Donato is playing very well. Throw him a bone, whatever. What I don't get is Slaggert is a rookie. I know he may top off as a bottom 6 winger in the future anyways but WHY ARE YOU CONTINUING PLAYING HIM ON THE 4TH LINE?! He has yet to play with any resemblance of talent since he's been up here. Your team isn't going anywhere, you're trying to see what your young guys can do. Put him with Bedard or Kurashev or even Reichel and see what the kid can do.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
At least LR had the courage to bag-skate the team even after the comeback win vs.SJ ...
He was furious about lack of effort in the
2 prior dreadful games in L.A and ANAHEIM...

Bravo LR...the Tankers deserved a spanking for their terrible play overc7 straight periods before they finally woke up to comeback over SJ in the last 2 periods of that game.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Ok Donato is playing very well. Throw him a bone, whatever. What I don't get is Slaggert is a rookie. I know he may top off as a bottom 6 winger in the future anyways but WHY ARE YOU CONTINUING PLAYING HIM ON THE 4TH LINE?! He has yet to play with any resemblance of talent since he's been up here. Your team isn't going anywhere, you're trying to see what your young guys can do. Put him with Bedard or Kurashev or even Reichel and see what the kid can do.

Playing Slaggert on a line with Dickinson and Anderson makes a ton of sense and it's not really the 4th line. We basically have the Bedard line and then 3 4th lines. Slaggert playing with two of the most consistent players on the team is good for him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Do people want us running 4 forwards on one line or something? We have 2 top 6 players on this team (Bedard and *Kurashev) (*debatable)

The only other top 9 players on the team are AA, and *Dickenson (*debatable), and Reichel is playing with 1 of them (AA) and Slaggert is playing with the other (*Dickenson)

I think the lines are fine, Donato is playing really well, so you bump him up to reward him. Reichel hasn't done much to deserve that bump, and Slaggert is still getting his feet wet. There's no good combination of forwards you can have, and the only time the lines were set up where people liked them, they got blown out by a dog shit team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad