Fire Ken Holland Thread

Fire Holland?

• Total voters

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The McDavid injury excuse is BS.

I agree regarding the drafting, no excuses there. Perhaps the Oilers scouts deserve some flak too.

Campbell was a risk Holland felt he had to take with the limited cap space and few other options, and I think most people around here were optimistic at the time.

The lack of improvement on defence or otherwise is not for a lack of trying. Look no further than the Ekholm trade for example.

The way this team is playing this year is beyond what anyone could have reasonably expected, and the regression appears to be coming from all players at all positions. THAT is hard to pin on the GM. You can blame him for bad contracts and bad drafting all you want but a regression to this extent, in a season where the team is expected to be a Cup contender, is hard to pin on anyone but the players.

lol staning for this garbage GM while saying a torn hip flexor or serious core injury is nothing.

I doubt you'd be even able to skate in straight line with that kind of injury.

f*** Holland and f*** his 3 supporters.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
lol staning for this garbage GM while saying a torn hip flexor or serious core injury is nothing.

I doubt you'd be even able to skate in straight line with that kind of injury.

f*** Holland and f*** his 3 supporters.

It’s OK to criticize your favourite/star player. Until I hear it from the horse’s mouth, I refuse to assume that someone is playing through injury. McDavid was not his normal self even before his injury.

I’m just trying to bring some balance to this discussion. This season at least, with expectations so high and players at each position regressing as much as they have, you have to fault the players first.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It’s OK to criticize your favourite/star player. Until I hear it from the horse’s mouth, I refuse to assume that someone is playing through injury. McDavid was not his normal self even before his injury.

I’m just trying to bring some balance to this discussion. This season at least, with expectations so high and players at each position regressing as much as they have, you have to fault the players first.

The guy sat out a 3 on 3 OT ... he's clearly injured, badly. To get McDavid to sit out a 3 on 3 OT, there's no way that every happens if it's a minor thing.

And oh yeah, one more time for the people in the back:

f*** Ken Holland.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

On McDavid, I don’t think we can ignore the fact that he wasn’t good even before his alleged injury. It’s something we have to consider and ask why.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
The guy sat out a 3 on 3 OT ... he's clearly injured, badly. To get McDavid to sit out a 3 on 3 OT, there's no way that every happens if it's a minor thing.

And oh yeah, one more time for the people in the back:

f*** Ken Holland.

What? McDavid hasn’t sat out an overtime period since returning from injury.

I’m sure he’ll get his touch back at some point this season but things just haven’t been working for him so far.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What? McDavid hasn’t sat out an overtime period since returning from injury.

He got injured in the Winnipeg game and couldn't go back into the game. Probably a torn hip flexor because he was literally grabbing his hip skating to the bench and then couldn't return. I knew right there it had to be a major thing, because if it was minor he would 100% have come back for 3 on 3 OT.

He rushed himself back to play for the dumb Heritage Classic and because the team was sinking and has been playing injured ever seen, probably is hopped up on pain meds/shots just to be able to get through games.

Reactions: McAsuno

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
He got injured in the Winnipeg game and couldn't go back into the game. Probably a torn hip flexor because he was literally grabbing his hip skating to the bench and then couldn't return. I knew right there it had to be a major thing, because if it was minor he would 100% have come back for 3 on 3 OT.

He rushed himself back to play for the dumb Heritage Classic and because the team was sinking and has been playing injured ever seen, probably is hopped up on pain meds/shots just to be able to get through games.

That’s a whole bunch of conjecture that I refuse to take part in. Bottom line is he has to be better.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The McDavid injury excuse is BS.

I agree regarding the drafting, no excuses there. Perhaps the Oilers scouts deserve some flak too.

Campbell was a risk Holland felt he had to take with the limited cap space and few other options, and I think most people around here were optimistic at the time.

The lack of improvement on defence or otherwise is not for a lack of trying. Look no further than the Ekholm trade for example.

The way this team is playing this year is beyond what anyone could have reasonably expected, and the regression appears to be coming from all players at all positions. THAT is hard to pin on the GM. You can blame him for bad contracts and bad drafting all you want but a regression to this extent, in a season where the team is expected to be a Cup contender, is hard to pin on anyone but the players.

Except the injury is legitimate. Everybody knows it. There's a reason why we haven't seen that explosiveness of a 2nd gear shift from him that much this season. Look at the replay of him showing visible pain in his body on the bench after he scored the penalty shot goal while being assisted by T.D Forss. McDavid's not 100% healthy and that's a fact.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Except the injury is legitimate. Everybody knows it. There's a reason why we haven't seen that explosiveness of a 2nd gear shift from him that much this season. Look at the replay of him showing visible pain in his body on the bench after he scored the penalty shot goal while being assisted by T.D Forss. McDavid's not 100% healthy and that's a fact.

It’s not a fact, it’s pure conjecture. McDavid needs to be better, simple as that. He was no better before his injury either. He’s trying to pass through sticks, refusing to shoot the puck, bobbling it, etc. I still see the explosiveness from time to time but it just doesn’t materialize into anything.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It’s not a fact, it’s pure conjecture. McDavid needs to be better, simple as that. He was no better before his injury either. He’s trying to pass through sticks, refusing to shoot the puck, bobbling it, etc. I still see the explosiveness from time to time but it just doesn’t materialize into anything.

Yes, it is a fact. You saying he's not playing injured is the definition of pure conjecture. Did you ever thought about why he's been refusing to shoot the puck this year after scoring 60+ goals last season? Its as clear as day that he's not 100%. Everybody but you has seen and felt it. Or are you refusing to acknowledge how he looked in pain on the bench after the penalty shot goal? My god. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Yes, be better and heal your torn hip flexor two weeks faster. Wolverine is a comic book character originally made for children, that's not how real life works.

Do you even watch pro sports regularly? When exactly in your fantasy land did McDavid's injury end.

He got hurt in the 5th game of the season that Saturday against the Jets and is playing hurt now with the same injury, genius.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Yes, be better and heal your torn hip flexor two weeks faster. Wolverine is a comic book character originally made for children, that's not how real life works.

Do you even watch pro sports regularly? When exactly in your fantasy land did McDavid's injury end.

He got hurt in the 5th game of the season that Saturday against the Jets and is playing hurt now with the same injury, genius.

That’s pure conjecture and you know it. I will believe it when I hear it from the horse’s mouth. That’s all I have to say on the topic.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That’s pure conjecture and you know it. I will believe it when I hear it from the horse’s mouth. That’s all I have to say on the topic.

lol, you're not going to hear shit until the season is over. No one in hockey will reveal what kind of specific injury they are playing with, because all that would happen is teams would target his injured area. When Leon was playing with a shit ankle in the playoffs, we never said anything, nor did anyone say anything about Nurse having a torn hip flexor.

You understand that right? Nod if you do.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Yes.. because McDavid will admit he's playing injured which results in the opponents keying into him more of his injuries just like how the flames tried to chop Draisaitl's leg that got hurt in the kings series (despite chopping the good leg) during the BOA playoffs. You're smart.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Yes.. because McDavid will admit he's playing injured which results in the opponents keying into him more of his injuries just like how the flames tried to chop Draisaitl's leg that got hurt in the kings series (despite chopping the good leg) during the BOA playoffs. You're smart.

This is the most pointless debate I have ever participated in lmao. Neither of has has an actual clue. He may be injured, he may not be. We need him to be better. That’s all there is to it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This is the most pointless debate I have ever participated in lmao. Neither of has has an actual clue. He may be injured, he may not be. We need him to be better. That’s all there is to it.

This is a higher level hockey discussion in this forum, if you need this shit explained to you and spelled out to you like a junior poster, this probably ain't your scene. You have to have basic understanding of how the sport works if you're going to just post crap.

Not understanding that teams don't disclose status of players playing with injuries (for obvious reasons) is like something a 1st or 2nd year hockey fan would understand.

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Of course we need him to be better, but when you try to delude yourself that he's actually 100%, then idk what else to say to you brother.
McDavid's playing at a 70-85 point pace right now which isn't like him when the guy hits 100+ points regularly. Him refusing to shoot the puck as much or not drive and attack the net with his speed as much is evident enough that he's not healthy. Even Rishaug has commented that he doesn't think McDavid is 100% healthy either. You can't expect a player to admit that he's playing hurt. You'd think I'll let the league know I'm playing injured and have other opponents attempt to focus on the injury from my body to prevent me from doing anything productive on ice? Good grief.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
This is a higher level hockey discussion in this forum, if you need this shit explained to you and spelled out to you like a junior poster, this problem ain't your scene. You have to have basic understanding of how the sport works if you're going to just post crap.

Not understanding that teams don't disclose status of players playing with injuries is like something a 1st or 2nd year hockey fan would understand.
Of course we need him to be better, but when you try to delude yourself that he's actually 100%, then idk what else to say to you brother.
McDavid's playing at a 70-85 point pace right now which isn't like him when the guy hits 100+ points regularly. Him refusing to shoot the puck as much or not drive and attack the net with his speed as much is evident enough that he's not healthy. Even Rishaug has commented that he doesn't think McDavid is 100% healthy either. You can't expect a player to admit that he's playing hurt. You'd think I'll let the league know I'm playing injured and have other opponents attempt to hit my injury to prevent me from doing anything productive on ice? Good grief.

I understand where you two are coming from, and your opinion that he MIGHT be injured. What I have a problem with is presenting it as a fact, when it simply is not. All I was trying to say was that the players on this team, including McDavid, have regressed and the Oilers need them to be better.

This continues to be the most useless debate I have ever been a part of.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I understand where you two are coming from, that he MIGHT be injured. What I have a problem with is presenting it as a fact, when it simply is not. All I was trying to say was that the team as a whole, including McDavid, has regressed and the Oilers need them to be better.

This continues to be the most useless debate I have ever been a part of.

I would say the goaltending has regressed more than anything. I didn't think Soup would underperform to an ECHL level after having a relatively good preseason. Stu's going through a sophomore slump, and Pickard.. is well.. AHL at best. There have been defensive errors throughout the season, but the team just looks like their life gets sucked out as soon as the goalies let in weak goals. When you check the advanced stats, goaltending has sewaged this team more than anything else. Ken Holland NEEDS to acquire an NHL goalie. No ifs, ands, or buts. He's the highest paid GM in the league. Time for him to do his f***ing job rather than sit on his ass yapping about 'bAcK in My DaYS as Gm iN DEtrOit.'

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I almost welcome McDavid and Drai bolting at this point for simple fact that I want them to win a cup and they aren't sadly going to do it in EDM.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
I would say the goaltending has regressed more than anything. I didn't think Soup would underperform to an ECHL level after having a relatively good preseason. Stu's going through a sophomore slump, and Pickard.. is well.. AHL at best. There have been defensive errors throughout the season, but the team just looks like their life gets sucked out as soon as the goalies let in weak goals. When you check the advanced stats, goaltending has sewaged this team more than anything else. Ken Holland NEEDS to acquire an NHL goalie. No ifs, ands, or buts. He's the highest paid GM in the league. Time for him to do his f***ing job rather than sit on his ass yapping about 'bAcK in My DaYS as Gm iN DEtrOit.'

Skinner for sure has regressed but so have Bouchard, McDavid, Draisaitl , Nugent-Hopkins, Ekholm, McLeod, just about everyone it seems.

The way this team plays I highly doubt any high-profile goalie would want to play for the Oilers (not that they could afford one anyway). It would be career suicide.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I think he shot his shot with whatever that failed Binnington deal was. I don't think Holland honestly is in charge any more. The next GM will get the goalie, it will likely cost our 2024 1st which is rising in value rapidly, but that's good because it increases the options we have.

The pick that was Broberg should've been traded for a legit starter or legit top 2-3 D years ago.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Brad Holland needs to be fired. That's the closest we can get to punishing Ken right now. To do this.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think he shot his shot with whatever that failed Binnington deal was. I don't think Holland honestly is in charge any more. The next GM will get the goalie, it will likely cost our 2024 1st which is rising in value rapidly, but that's good because it increases the options we have.

The pick that was Broberg should've been traded for a legit starter or legit top 2-3 D years ago.

I'll be back on the boards when 1) The idiot gets fired 2) We finally acquire a goalie.

And Bustberg is still ass. Better or on par with Chychrun my ass (Oilers management members)

Peace out, brother. You're one of the best posters on here.

Reactions: Soundwave

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Only thing that made this team over the top last year was the PP. It has all but disappeared.
That is on Holland, LOL. Give me a break

I'll be back on the boards when 1) The idiot gets fired 2) We finally acquire a goalie.

And Bustberg is still ass. Better or on par with Chychrun my ass (Oilers management members)

Peace out, brother. You're one of the best posters on here.
Bye

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad