Proposal: Fire Geoff Ward and Brad Treliving Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I wouldn’t mind “promoting” BT to POHO, our scouting has greatly improved under him ( how much of that is due to Ted Button getting free reigns, idk). And he has a lot of experience with the business/economic side of things as he was co founder of the WPHL. I think he’s a smart guy, it’s just his “vision” for the team hasn’t panned out for whatever reason. I also think he’d be pretty hands off given that he fought for autonomy from ownership as a GM.

I’d really like Gillis or Lombardi to come in and see what they could do. We need a fresh set of eyes at the top IMO, it’s possible Tre has become too attached to certain players in on this core.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Said it before but I wouldn't mind an internal cap if we diverted those funds to a good HC.

A: It means we have a good coach
B: Less likely to see Brouwer/Neal/Stone signings here

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
W/r/t Lucic's postgame comments, isn't he essentially saying the team has quit on the coaching staff? Is that not ringing any alarm bells above Treliving's head

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
When people say "fire Ward so we can get a coach with pedigree," does anyone think Calgary is an ideal destination for coaches that are on the market? First, you quarantine for multiple weeks on top of being away from your family for a long period of time. Then you come to Calgary where your entire resume as a coach is being put in danger as you try and squeeze some life out of a roster that has quit on every coach that has walked into the Saddledome the past few years.

What is actually on the table for Gallant to come to Calgary and risk his reputation for a sack of players who have continually quit and, to quote Lucic "want it easy." How is a coach supposed to help those who just don't want to be helped when it comes to winning? It isn't as easy as just "get Treliving and Ward out" the actual replacements for them need to at least be considered and with Seattle as a very intriguing option for coaches there is little doubt in my mind a coach would rather be with the Kraken over the Flames.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
W/r/t Lucic's postgame comments, isn't he essentially saying the team has quit on the coaching staff? Is that not ringing any alarm bells above Treliving's head

When people say "fire Ward so we can get a coach with pedigree," does anyone think Calgary is an ideal destination for coaches that are on the market? First, you quarantine for multiple weeks on top of being away from your family for a long period of time. Then you come to Calgary where your entire resume as a coach is being put in danger as you try and squeeze some life out of a roster that has quit on every coach that has walked into the Saddledome the past few years.

What is actually on the table for Gallant to come to Calgary and risk his reputation for a sack of players who have continually quit and, to quote Lucic "want it easy." How is a coach supposed to help those who just don't want to be helped when it comes to winning? It isn't as easy as just "get Treliving and Ward out" the actual replacements for them need to at least be considered and with Seattle as a very intriguing option for coaches there is little doubt in my mind a coach would rather be with the Kraken over the Flames.

I think in any other season we probably fire Ward or a major trade has already been made (given the same circumstances). I feel COVID has had a significant impact on teams ability to make major changes, especially in a Canadian market. I think with the Julien firing in Montreal, Bergevin had their assistant coach Ducharme tapped as the replacement, and he wasn't going to look outside the club and thus he didn't have to worry about quarantine issues. If we fire Ward, is management going to be okay with Huska or Edwards taking the reigns as if that's gonna change anything?

Unfortunately, I think we ride with Ward till the end of the season, hopefully we can get a high draft pick or there's a miracle and we end up back in a playoff spot. If there's any season that we could make a run to the Conference Finals, it's this year in a weak division. But as is Flames tradition, we are shitting the bed when we have the opportunity to do something.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
What Lucic said sounds like "Guys don't want to put in the effort, and aren't playing for each other." At no point did I get the sense it was pointing to the players quitting on the coach, it felt more like the players are just quitting on each other and don't want to compete.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What Lucic said sounds like "Guys don't want to put in the effort, and aren't playing for each other." At no point did I get the sense it was pointing to the players quitting on the coach, it felt more like the players are just quitting on each other and don't want to compete.

Thats exactly what he said, we need more of that tbh. Looch from what I can tell is the only one who gives a damn and isn’t playing like a loser.

When Cammy was on the Habs, everyone got bent out of shape when he said they were preparing like losers. That’s what our team is doing.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Something Peters did that galvanized the team to go finish 1st in the west was put his pride aside and throw his vision of the team out the window after the 9-1 loss and rebuild his system. I don't think we're gonna see anything like that this season but it would be nice.

This season is still salvageable because of the utter garbage in this division but maybe I'm just in the bargaining stage of my Flames grief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad