Fire Eakins Chant

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Don't bother. My buddy tried to do one similar last year, but did it with fire lowe and the ushers gave him a warning to stop or leave. Oh, and people around him didn't even give a damn. They just sat and frowned from watching a garbage game.

CopperBlue2794

Oct 8, 2010
Arkansas
Did they really? Well if it wasn't my buddy's dad's season tickets id cause the hugest scene imaginable if they kicked me out for that

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Did they really? Well if it wasn't my buddy's dad's season tickets id cause the hugest scene imaginable if they kicked me out for that

Yep. My buddy's a season tickets owner as well, so it beats me. I've heard they don't allow people to bring paper bags last year as well. I guess fans have to suffer with their hard earned money watching a horrible team without being able to rally.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
What are they going to do if the chant gets around the building? Kick everyone out? It's worth a shot in the 3rd period.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What are they going to do if the chant gets around the building? Kick everyone out? It's worth a shot in the 3rd period.

If the chant gets around is the question. If the crowd can damn boo at the team, I don't see why they can't rally behind a fire eakins/lowe chant. Hell, the nuck fans did it last year and it worked.

CopperBlue2794

Oct 8, 2010
Arkansas

I've been an incredibly loyal fan since '96 when I was 6 years old. I still watch every single game and don't know why I put myself through it.

I'm not dumb enough to think getting a chant going will cause this Mickey Mouse Operation to make any change. However, as a fan I should be able to voice my opinion at the games. I don't see how this can be scoffed at and have you tell me I lack class.

There is no accountability in the organization and maybe over time the fans can provide some

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I've been an incredibly loyal fan since '96 when I was 6 years old. I still watch every single game and don't know why I put myself through it.

I'm not dumb enough to think getting a chant going will cause this Mickey Mouse Operation to make any change. However, as a fan I should be able to voice my opinion at the games. I don't see how this can be scoffed at and have you tell me I lack class.

There is no accountability in the organization and maybe over time the fans can provide some

Not if they continue to buy tickets. Childish chants make the fans look bad, not the team.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Which should we go with?

Eaaaaa-kins.

Eaaaa-kins.

Or...

Fi-re Eakins *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

Fi-re Eakins *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

The first one sounds much more annoying, but it's easier to get the crowd into the second one. People like clapping.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
just stop going. The wife has free tickets to Monday's game and I'm this close to telling her to just give them up. If wasn't for Stamkos the decision would already be made.

We have to stop going.

as for a chants, how about 'Clean House, Clean House!!'

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Pointless to chant that. If they cannot tell Eakins is the worst head coach in this league already, a chant won't help clear it up.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Pointless to chant that. If they cannot tell Eakins is the worst head coach in this league already, a chant won't help clear it up.

basically, this. Its beyond obvious. The fact they haven't skidded him yet speaks to other motives. They are determined to let him learn, or their pride is just to strong in admitting the mistake, or both.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
No, very bad strategey for fans to do that. It has to go back to the people that mean something in this org. Fire Lowe or better yet fire mact by all means. Fire eakins will just give the guys above him and the media ammo to blast the fans once again.

Also you guys do realize that firing Eakins will merely mean mact goes behind the bench like he has always wanted (unfinished busnbiess and all that) and mact is the same of eakins, thinks the same, same strats, same way of handling players.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Keep it positive, chant "you're hair is perfect!!" Clap clap clap clap clap.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Throw a head and shoulders bottle on the ice
Eakins will get the message

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Why did the fire Lowe campaign stop? It was actually working, even where he offered to take a leave. I never thought he would admit defeat.

Nevertheless, it showed that the organization is recognizing what the fans want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad