Fire(d) Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Charles 'Entertainment' Fletcher aka Uncle Chuck (to some), Schmuck Felcher, Lazy Jackass, etc......had one job. Not a hard job either. He had one simple task - move JVR. He failed huge. Didn't even bother moving Braun and too afraid to move either Provorov or Hayes. He failed and it was colossal. On the phones for three weeks prior? Bullshit. He only got a call at 1:40 today about JVR? Bullshit. He did nothing this entire week. Lesser forwards went and teams got great deals on moving them. Schmuck did nothing.

So, no playoffs, marginal picks and players added and Schmuck is concerned about putting the most 'competitive' team on the ice, even though they aren't going to make the playoffs. The audacity of the man at his press conference today. And you know that the Flyers are going to protect Schmuck at the town hall and they'll probably make Tortorella answer the questions because God knows Schmuck is too scared to answer any questions about the poor job he's done and why he should keep his job.

I'm embarrassed to be a fan right now. Today's inactivity is inexcusable.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I just cannot believe they gave this guy another deadline to operate. Boy were they rewarded. Should have hired the new GM with the new coach. Now we have Torts, face of the franchise, not going anywhere and they'll hire a new GM to fit the head coach, likely someone already with ties to the org (Briere). Ass backwards as is the norm with this franchise. It's a vicious cycle and it'll continue until they clear out every single decision maker.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I just cannot believe they gave this guy another deadline to operate. Boy were they rewarded. Should have hired the new GM with the new coach. Now we have Torts, face of the franchise, not going anywhere and they'll hire a new GM to fit the head coach, likely someone already with ties to the org (Briere). Ass backwards as is the norm with this franchise. It's a vicious cycle and it'll continue until they clear out every single decision maker.
100% we get Briere and just more of the same ole. with a shiny new face...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
if he represented that! he never would have got past the old guard...
Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't really know how he thinks, they probably hired him because he was a Flyer and people they know said good things about him.

Briere seems to be on the same page with Torts, which means he values speed.
Other than that, who knows - I'm sure he's kept his head down and avoided making waves.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Charles 'Entertainment' Fletcher aka Uncle Chuck (to some), Schmuck Felcher, Lazy Jackass, etc......had one job. Not a hard job either. He had one simple task - move JVR. He failed huge. Didn't even bother moving Braun and too afraid to move either Provorov or Hayes. He failed and it was colossal. On the phones for three weeks prior? Bullshit. He only got a call at 1:40 today about JVR? Bullshit. He did nothing this entire week. Lesser forwards went and teams got great deals on moving them. Schmuck did nothing.

So, no playoffs, marginal picks and players added and Schmuck is concerned about putting the most 'competitive' team on the ice, even though they aren't going to make the playoffs. The audacity of the man at his press conference today. And you know that the Flyers are going to protect Schmuck at the town hall and they'll probably make Tortorella answer the questions because God knows Schmuck is too scared to answer any questions about the poor job he's done and why he should keep his job.

I'm embarrassed to be a fan right now. Today's inactivity is inexcusable.

One 1st and no 2nds. Incredible!

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
If the next GM is Briere, it will be a disappointment. To save this franchise, you need an outside voice. Someone with no attachments to the people in this organization. Briere will likely just be another puppet if they don't get rid of the Old Hockey Men in the front office, which I know is unlikely.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
as i said in another thread:

honestly... whoever is really in charge in the circles of Comcast has to step in and make absolute sweeping changes...have to rid of all the old cronies from the top all the way through scouting and pr people to the puckboys/ice cleaners

won't happen of course as they are still getting their money..albeit from other team's fans now..but none the less...enough is enough

only former flyer i might accept is Kimmo...otherwise..no former players

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

honestly... whoever is really in charge in the circles of Comcast has to step in and make absolute sweeping changes...have to rid of all the old cronies from the top all the way through scouting and pr people to the puckboys/ice cleaners

won't happen of course as they are still getting their money..albeit from other team's fans now..but none the less...enough is enough

Posted this in the angry thread.
Based on this why should Comcast do anything...??

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't really know how he thinks, they probably hired him because he was a Flyer and people they know said good things about him.

Briere seems to be on the same page with Torts, which means he values speed.
Other than that, who knows - I'm sure he's kept his head down and avoided making waves.

We know he doesn't value speed that much because he's a Deslauriers champion.

He's more of the same. So is Tortorella, who also can't value speed very highly if he's playing Deslauriers and formerly Brown nightly and happy to go along with putting Braun at wing . If their hockey views dissented with the Cronyarchy's values neither would be here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Every indication is that Kimmo is forward thinking and in tune with the current state of the game.

And that's why he isn't involved.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Comcast doesn’t give a shit if the building is taken over by opponents fans. The tickets were sold.
Bad press is better than no press. However bad press still is bad. The Flyers are raking the Comcast label through the mud. It has become a joke in the Philadelphia area. This is going through the NHL and hockey world. If one arm of Comcast performs this badly, then why wouldn't investors question the management of the others? That affects many things including stock prices.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
We know he doesn't value speed that much because he's a Deslauriers champion.

He's more of the same. So is Tortorella, who also can't value speed very highly if he's playing Deslauriers and formerly Brown nightly and happy to go along with putting Braun at wing . If their hockey views dissented with the Cronyarchy's values neither would be here.
its so funny that we even have to argue ANYTHING with Braun playing wing, Dinosaurier playing FIRST line.

How can anyone who ever have looked one game of hockey think this is a healthy enviroment?

Only trolls or mental ill people can think there is anything to argue!

Sometimes things in the world are black and white! Sometimes its very simple!!! I know these days everything is in question, and we need to be extra patient every step of the way. BUT

Torts is bad
Flyers are the worst franchise in hockey right now! (reminds me of the islanders with Yashin and DiPietro disaster and everything around that time and the next 10 years)
Fletcher is the worst GM in the league.
The roster is ass

FULLSTOP

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Bad press is better than no press. However bad press still is bad. The Flyers are raking the Comcast label through the mud. It has become a joke in the Philadelphia area. This is going through the NHL and hockey world. If one arm of Comcast performs this badly, then why wouldn't investors question the management of the others? That affects many things including stock prices.
Comcast is raked through the press for other divisions also... It's not a big thing that the Flyers have joined it.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
its so funny that we even have to argue ANYTHING with Braun playing wing, Dinosaurier playing FIRST line.

How can anyone who ever have looked one game of hockey think this is a healthy enviroment?

Only trolls or mental ill people can think there is anything to argue!

Sometimes things in the world are black and white! Sometimes its very simple!!! I know these days everything is in question, and we need to be extra patient every step of the way. BUT

Torts is bad
Flyers are the worst franchise in hockey right now! (reminds me of the islanders with Yashin and DiPietro disaster and everything around that time and the next 10 years)
Fletcher is the worst GM in the league.

The roster is ass

FULLSTOP
Nailed it.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
It's insane that he's still employed. If he wasn't Clarke's little boy who makes him feel important he would have been fired.
If he made an error of that magnitude at my work, he would be promoted to a quiet corner.

Not trading Braun and jvr was embarrassing but not firing chuck immediately is a bigger embarrassment.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
It is disturbing he's still employed. If he's not going to be your GM on draft day, then the next guy needs to be given every possible moment he can get to begin preparing for the offseason. That means...starting now.

The franchise is paralyzed. The geriatric council of advisors aren't gonna do shit to one of their own. The people who employ them are too dumb and weak and to put them all in their place or make a decision Just kind of on train tracks right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad