Fire(d) Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
Until people actually take a stand against this crap and stop showing up to games, nothing will happen. The Rangers game was glorious. I was never so embarrassed and also happy in my life. Hopefully the embarrassment can reach new heights and the franchise finally decides to overhaul from top to bottom.

The list of idiotic moves they’ve made is so friggen long it’s crazy. From coaching hires that make no sense, to terrible trades, to doubling down on terrible trades with even worse contracts…it reminds me of a quote i once heard….

“If you walk a mile into the woods, it will take you a mile of walking to get out”

I feel like we have been watching them continue walking while we all sit back screaming for them to start turning back. The longer this goes on, the longer it is going to take us to get back to a state of relevance.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Seriously, how many years has it been since the Flyers made a significant needle moving trade that actually improved the team? Not talking marginal crap. Was it the Pronger trade?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
dbG8Vd1.png

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
today ?

hahaa....
Sealing it? Yes. Any sliver he had of remaining another season I think is gone.

I said last fall I trust Torts more than anyone in the organization & would make him the de facto GM.

That would really mean giving him a title above a new GM, because I don’t think he wants to act as the day-to-day GM.

But as far as a day-to-day GM goes, how about Darren Yorke from Carolina?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Until people actually take a stand against this crap and stop showing up to games, nothing will happen. The Rangers game was glorious. I was never so embarrassed and also happy in my life. Hopefully the embarrassment can reach new heights and the franchise finally decides to overhaul from top to bottom.

The list of idiotic moves they’ve made is so friggen long it’s crazy. From coaching hires that make no sense, to terrible trades, to doubling down on terrible trades with even worse contracts…it reminds me of a quote i once heard….

“If you walk a mile into the woods, it will take you a mile of walking to get out”

I feel like we have been watching them continue walking while we all sit back screaming for them to start turning back. The longer this goes on, the longer it is going to take us to get back to a state of relevance.
It made sense in a perverse way.

Hextall started a rebuild, but either he didn't want to, or they wouldn't allow him to go all in. So he started by trading veterans and got a good haul, then pulled back and signed Weise, then traded Schenn, then signed JVR. Went from a rebuild to desperately trying to save his job.

Fletcher was hired to get them back to the playoffs, he did a good job the first summer.
The second year everything fell apart. At that point, a rational FO would think the window is closing.

But Scott pushes for an aggressive reload, so Fletcher obliges, without the cap room and assets to pull it off - I'm just happy he didn't trade 2-3 more firsts to try to save his job.

So the rebuild was delayed a year, and a 1st and a couple 2nds wasted last spring.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It made sense in a perverse way.

Hextall started a rebuild, but either he didn't want to, or they wouldn't allow him to go all in. So he started by trading veterans and got a good haul, then pulled back and signed Weise, then traded Schenn, then signed JVR. Went from a rebuild to desperately trying to save his job.

Fletcher was hired to get them back to the playoffs, he did a good job the first summer.
The second year everything fell apart. At that point, a rational FO would think the window is closing.

But Scott pushes for an aggressive reload, so Fletcher obliges, without the cap room and assets to pull it off - I'm just happy he didn't trade 2-3 more firsts to try to save his job.

So the rebuild was delayed a year, and a 1st and a couple 2nds wasted last spring.

Scott isn't pushing for shit. Fletcher wasn't forced into anything. This is precisely who he has always been.

Stop defending him holy shit. He's the worst executive in team history by miles and you're more loyal to him than you are the team.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
It’s been purgatory (or hell?) for over a decade now. One has to think Chuck is a lame duck at this point, but one can never be sure anymore. I said in the other thread that fans shouldn’t support this team in any way. Comcast only cares about money. That much is clear. Fans need to hurt their bottom line and then maybe we’ll see the day of the rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad