Fire(d) Bowness - Stars clean out coaching staff

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ryan Huska is who he meant . Just missed an A at the end of the name

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I still hadn't heard the name, but Husk appears to be a typo. It's Ryan Huska. He's been a head coach in the WHL and AHL, but the last few years he was an assistant with Calgary. First time I think I've heard his name though as an NHL head coach candidate.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I guess Weeks suffered from premature speculation. Looks to have changed his mind that it was a done deal.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
So Florida is moving on from Brunette ... damn. Surprised it was Maurice.

Everyone initially reported that Brunette is going to be offered a big role to stay, but LeBrun just said from what he's heard Brunette isn't interested. He could still get swiped up by one of the 4 teams looking for a head coach (5 if SJ's new GM starts a new coaching search), but you'd think Brunette would be one of the top assistants on the market if he doesn't get one of those head coaching jobs.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
what did you guys think of montgomery in his time in dallas?

He said all the right things. His tactical ability seemed alright, although it's hard to know for sure. Dallas surrounded him with one of the most experienced groups of assistant coaches you could find. Not much seemed to change when Bowness took over.

He is a good hire, generally. Has a bit of NHL experience, clearly seems to have worked through his personal issues, and has a lot of success at lower levels. Not perfect, obviously. I would argue he's a downgrade from Cassidy. But you'll like Monty, I think.

Reactions: neelynugs

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
nice. i appreciate the comedy.

what about system? similar to what you guys were doing with bowness the last few years?
hard to say. from what he said, it was his plan to be more aggressive but he learned the players couldn't manage that style. so we just built a turtle shell and stayed in it until next season.... we hope

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad