Fire(d) Bowness - Stars clean out coaching staff

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Not much different. They actually scored less with Monty than Bowness

I don't know that this is really fair, Bowness got to add Jason Robertson and Hintz emerged as a 1st line player during the pandemic season he first took over. Monty got the aging carcasses of Seguin and Benn as his top forwards. It certainly wasn't flattering for either, just wanted to point out that it isn't necessarily an apples to apples comparison.

Personally, I don't think he was here nearly long enough to judge. Apparently his system worked great in the 2020 playoffs, even if he was too drunk to be the one behind the bench.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
Lol no way Winnipeg. I laughed my ass off when I saw that announcement but now genuinely feel for their fans. That sucks

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
I take it this is a deal to keep the seat warm until Trotz says he's ready to coach next summer.
I think that’s exactly what’s happening. Trotz seemed interested, but that the timing just wasn’t right. Then, all of a sudden, the Jets higher a coaching vet who only wants short-term contracts from here on out? It’s perfect for them.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I don't know that this is really fair, Bowness got to add Jason Robertson and Hintz emerged as a 1st line player during the pandemic season he first took over. Monty got the aging carcasses of Seguin and Benn as his top forwards. It certainly wasn't flattering for either, just wanted to point out that it isn't necessarily an apples to apples comparison.

Personally, I don't think he was here nearly long enough to judge. Apparently his system worked great in the 2020 playoffs, even if he was too drunk to be the one behind the bench.
His system after the disastrous start before he was fired had more 5v5 scoring. Bowness immediately reversed everything that was working.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
His system after the disastrous start before he was fired had more 5v5 scoring. Bowness immediately reversed everything that was working.

I think what you're describing is the thing we saw continue under Bowness, which was streakiness. This team can go on a hot streak for a few weeks where they score a lot. They then also go on streaks where they lose a lot and can't find the net. I don't think it's right to say them coming down off of a hot streak was due to Bowness changing things.

20220701_210420.jpg

Reactions: hairylikebear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad