Fire CMac - NOW!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
f***ing unacceptable, we already have seen this f***in movie before too and pissed away contending years.

Holy f***, the minute the team is eliminated so too should this wet paper bag of a GM.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
CMac didn't make any of the trades I wanted him to make even though I have no insight to what options were available for what price. I wanted a big splash even if there was no good fit for a big splash. How dare he not do the things I dream up in my fantasy hockey gm brain. He should spend whatever to get what I want

Oh but he overpaid for Eller. f*** him.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Yes, let's bring in the GM of San Jose, Edmonton, Florida or Philly. THOSE guys are Jedi Masters of the cap and trade wire and are real pros at bolstering existing talent for deep SCP runs.

Right now the Avs are the reigning champs and will remain that way unless and until the winner of the East-of- the-Mississippi Steel Cage Match AKA the Eastern Conference Playoffs crawls out of the wreckage and knocks us off. And yes, we'll be in the Finals again.

Yeesh.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'm disappointed too but the market for centers this year was dismal. I don't think we had the assets left from last deadline to compete for the big names and most of the rest wasn't worth a damn.

At least we already have our Cup, that's more than a lot of teams can say. Better to peak with a Cup win than to be like San Jose or Nashville and almost get there but not quite. We still have a wide open path through the West this year, I wouldn't give up on the season just yet.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I think that we need to retitle these tyes of threads. Bednar absolutely, 100%, deserves criticism. Fired? That is a bit hyperbolic. Same thing with CMac or Sakic. They knew every detail of every injury and still made np effort, all season, to address the tools lost to the Injured Reserve list.

That said, I am confused how each and every (OK, not Winnipeg) legitimate contender for the cup made trades that made their teams markedly better. The Avs got Lars Eller. I can boil it down to this:

1) The cap is making things difficult, but the entire league is dealing with the cap as well.
2) I don't want to use 1st Rounders and prospects for mre rentals and I presume Sak/Mac thinks the same. But there were players who could have helped this team with up to 3 years term. Other teams outbid the Avs, which seems insane as the Avs have first round picks in 23/24/25, Plus Newhook ( who would be rendered extra if as 2C actually arrived.)
3) This team will be very good for 5 years, but will be unlikely to win the cup without a legit 2C. No pick from 23/24/25 will help the team within that window. However, those 3 picks plus Newhook and OO ought to have returned two quality players with some term.

My only conclusion is that Sak / Mac thought that either Newhook or JTC would replace Kadri. Neither would come close to Kadri 2022 production. Hell, even 2023 Kadri is nowhere close to 2022 Kadri. It was a very poor strategic direction and I feel it is safe to say that a) the Avs will not win the cup this year or next and b) the blame for this lack of cups should fall squarely on CMac's shoulders.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm disappointed too but the market for centers this year was dismal. I don't think we had the assets left from last deadline to compete for the big names and most of the rest wasn't worth a damn.

At least we already have our Cup, that's more than a lot of teams can say. Better to peak with a Cup win than to be like San Jose or Nashville and almost get there but not quite. We still have a wide open path through the West this year, I wouldn't give up on the season just yet.

I just wanted a 6th top six forward, sometime between now and last July. That's it..

We have a pool of milk in the basement at this point lol.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
I agree that doing nothing to address the glaring hole at 2C over the last 7 months is not a good look for CMac and the Sak, it’s incredibly frustrating but let’s actually see what happens in the playoffs before grabbing for our pitchforks.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
f***ing unacceptable, we already have seen this f***in movie before too and pissed away contending years.

Holy f***, the minute the team is eliminated so too should this wet paper bag of a GM.

It'll be sweet mate, I promise. Guarantee this group will lift. Also think sometimes when faith is shown in certain players, it lifts them to new levels.

Okay, JT is on pace for 60+ points, but who says when Landy and others are back his production doesn't in fact increase again?

Our depth is 100% better this year than last in my view too.

Reactions: Alienblood

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
CMac didn't make any of the trades I wanted him to make even though I have no insight to what options were available for what price.
Actually we kinda know. Klingberg went for peanuts and no one made an offer for JVR even at 50% retained

A deadline of JVR + Klingberg would have sucked...but still would have been a thousand times better than the one we got today. These 2 players were available and cheap.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Actually we kinda know. Klingberg went for peanuts and no one made an offer for JVR even at 50% retained

A deadline of JVR + Klingberg would have sucked...but still would have been a thousand times better than the one we got today. These 2 players were available and cheap.

Do you not think no one making an offer for JVR tells us something? If that's a thousand times better than the cup champs rolling with JTC then surely there would have been some interest. Or maybe he was a bad fit.

When the rumors of Klingberg to the Avs came out there was nothing but collective sighs. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If CMac and the other pro-scouts thought that Klingberg for peanuts was not a good fit, then I'm pretty well inclined to believe them. They've done a damn fine job of finding players who fit the system thus far.

There's a lot more to a trade than whether we have the assets to make the trade or not.

Reactions: SB

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We don't know what was out there. You can't pay two first round picks for Hayes with salary retention.

The question remains. If you aren't going for it this year, when will you in the next five years?
You won't.

That was the last year of Mack's good contract and EJ got injured just at the right time so we could benefit from the extra 6M at the deadline.

It's not happening again now. Our GM dropped the ball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad