Fire CMac - NOW!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah, when they inevitably fail in the playoffs this year, I'd be cool with a management change.

Completely unacceptable to be heading into the playoffs for the final time with Mackinnon making $6.3M, Byram on an ELC, up to $13M in LTIR space... And do absolutely nothing when you look at the weaknesses on this roster.

I wouldn't fire them today. But after we fail in the playoffs I would certainly consider it.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Fire CMac, trade Sakic, waive MacKinnon, buyout Makar, reassign Rantanen to the Eagles, put MacDermid in net!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Bonzai12

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Can anyone provide verified info on:

• Who was CMac looking to obtain in trade?
• What his reasoning was for these possible trade targets?
• What was he offering relative to the asking price?
• Were there counter-offers that he did not meet?
• If he was content with the current line-up, or very limited in the scope of his interest in shoring up the line-up, what was the rationale for his position?

TIA

Reactions: Metallo

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Can anyone provide verified info on:

• Who was CMac looking to obtain in trade?
• What his reasoning was for these possible trade targets?
• What was he offering relative to the asking price?
• Were there counter-offers that he did not meet?
• If he was content with the current line-up, or very limited in the scope of his interest in shoring up the line-up, what was the rationale for his position?

TIA
You are asking questions that can't be answered.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How many of you would kick CMac in the nuts if you saw him on the street?

Raise your hands
9EF56764-B116-4A41-8E3F-FDE8BFC71410.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ho AWESOME was the new Mandalorian !!

I seriously got one like lol. Maybe it's not popular in this group.

Dude, I've always wanted to spend like a month in Australia. I love the YBS channel. I grew up in California in a warm climate. I always had shit to catch and learn.

Black widow spiders are common. I knew they were poisons, but I figured if they're dead I'm good.

Yeah, let your dad find you walking around and try to show him a dead spider that an involuntary reaction could kill me at any instant.

He hates that story, but I'm like I held the leg of a piece of death and lived. I've got a rare tee shirt lol.

It's funny how life works. I could have died at 8 lol.

Love this team, but sometimes they just manage this shit in a weird way. If you're not going to fix the 2C issue, I think the dude should be investing his career into JTC being successful.

Watch JT be a monster and Cmac make us all look dumb. That's actually possible with how well they've been pro scouting. I can admit that.

I don't see it, a lot of us don't. I've gotta see the outcome to judge.

I'm f***in skeptical, and we have good reasons. Unless Mikko just takes over 2C and drives his own line. Or maybe he's good enough to do it at wing.

I feel like he will decide if we can actually win now. That's weight lol.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The probability of winning back-to-back Cups is very difficult and the more likely chance is we don't. No need to go mortgage the future for something that has a low percentage. Let's fix the centre issue in the offseason because we weren't going to resolve it now.

Reactions: willy702

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I thought this was the last year to really go for it as the cap situation is going to get worse and worse. Who knows, maybe CMac/Sakic just looked at the top teams out East and decided it's not worth it. A healthy Avalanche team should still win the Western Conf but we all know this team is never healthy so I expect a 2nd round exit.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I thought this was the last year to really go for it as the cap situation is going to get worse and worse. Who knows, maybe CMac/Sakic just looked at the top teams out East and decided it's not worth it. A healthy Avalanche team should still win the Western Conf but we all know this team is never healthy so I expect a 2nd round exit.
I think this is the fallacy a lot are buying into. The cap can be managed next year and the year after that unless the NHL comes up with a draconian growth curve for it. Surely the league is seeing more money now with the new TV deals and the league really hasn't been healthier in terms of fan interest. That being said I think if you assume Bo and Alex don't get massive deals they can use EJs space to get most in under what they want. They can talk to Toews and see what an extension will be and decide if they want to trade him now or even at TDL if needed.

The bigger picture is that while the team won't ever be as strong as last year, it's still going to be a contender as long as all the stars are still playing well. It's probably at least 6 years until you have to worry about that and frankly the next couple years could see slight improvement from all of them. None is at 30 yet and heck Cale is a couple years from probably peak level. There are many years of window open to have a shot at the Cup and that's really all you can ask for.

Reactions: AvBuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad