Fire Briere!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
I'm going to be dedhed but for Danny Briere until at least next July. I don't think we have any evidence that this situation was really on Danny, just the expected outcome of the last 10 yrs of bs.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The only way for Danny to gain credibility back is to fire Torts for causing situations like the devaluing of Hayes. As, much as I can't stand Hayes, getting a 6th in 2024 after retaining 50% is demeaning. The garbage pick makes it look like they just gave a mongoloid a lollipop out of pity.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The Flyers are in a state of upheaval and as fans we have to at the very least allow the new management staff to attempt to correct the mistakes of the previous GM's and the senior advisors (whom should all be retired).
Will this roster be significantly improved from last season? Without some of the players that will be departing and who have already departed is an addition through subtraction.
The new staff of top management has already stated that the coming season the team will not be a contender, but as long as players like Tony DeAngelo are gone is an improvement.
Give them time, Flyers fans. Don't be impatient, and stop thinking that improving this roster is a one or two player acquisition away from being a Stanley Cup contender. The new staff is stripping down the team, and we should support the young players just as the squad's from the early years of this franchise were supported, the old days with players like Garry Peters and Andre LaCroix, because that's where they are right now...very like an expansion team.

Last edited:

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
If Michkov pulls a Fedotov then I am 100% in favor of DB being fired. Great player with huge upside, but there is a valid reason he was there at 7th pick. The other GM’s aren’t stupid. The Hayes trade really bought us no benefit other than a 3.5 mil cap hit for the next theee years. I know cap space is valuable, but we won’t need it until we are ready to compete.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
LMFAO what are we bitching and whining about today, HFBoards?! I come back to check on some reviews of the depth picks like every year and the contrarian hivemind is worse than ever! Y'all ain't gonna survive a rebuild. God bless whatever fanbases inherit your negativity.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The Flyers are in a state of upheaval and as fans we have to at the very least allow the new management staff to attempt to correct the mistakes of the previous GM's and the senior advisors (whom should all be retired).
Will this roster be significantly improved from last season? Without some of the players that will be departed and who have already departed is an addition through subtraction.
The new staff of top management has already stated that the coming season the team will not be a contender, but as long as players like Tony DeAngelo are gone is an improvement.
Give them time, Flyers fans. Don't be impatient, and stop thinking that improving this roster is a one or two player acquisition away from being a Stanley Cup contender. The new staff is stripping down the team, and we should support the young players just as the squad's from the early years of this franchise were supported, the old days with players like Garry Peters and Andre LaCroix, because that's where they are right now...very like an expansion team.
We have had 10 years now of an abysmally bad product. We’re past patient.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
We have had 10 years now of an abysmally bad product. We’re past patient.

You might as well go be a fan of a new organization. Being patient is key for a rebuild.

Bitching about Tortorella and Hayes is comical and illustrates how little fans critically think. Hayes was a devalued asset, period.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
You might as well go be a fan of a new organization. Being patient is key for a rebuild.

Bitching about Tortorella and Hayes is comical and illustrates how little fans critically think. Hayes was a devalued asset, period.
yup, that's the problem here, they cant wait, they want every player on here to be traded for first round pick so they can fix it right away and be a contender like that's impossible because it's not easy to just pry away first round picks from teams especially in a draft like this that's very deep. teams want to keep their picks.

thing is i dont think this team is that far away because we have alot of assets on here that are high picks, very young, and nhl ready. so who knows maybe we will a take forward next year, there's no timeline. i think alot of teams that are really bad, they just dont have alot of depth in terms of high picks, so for them it will take alot longer.

with us, we didnt do that, we kept most of them accept provy and maybe sanheim if he does get traded and i think it will speed the rebuild alot faster than fans and media realize.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

And torts is a genius for making it known that he has a player he doesn’t like and will not be playing in a fair capacity tanking his value.
If you’re not annoyed by 10 years of shit followed by a rebuild that I don’t think has officially been branded a rebuild, you’re brain dead and following blindly.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
Regarding Hayes either a lot of posters here would bitch that Hayes was being played a lot over the younger guys or a lot of posters are bitching that Hayes returns little value. There is no winning

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
Didn't think I'd see someone holding the Michkov pick against him, but here we are.

Yes, there is a reason why 5 teams passed on him (I'm not counting Chicago), but if you don't gamble on a massive talent that just falls into your lap when the franchise is in its current state, then when??

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Regarding Hayes either a lot of posters here would bitch that Hayes was being played a lot over the younger guys or a lot of posters are bitching that Hayes returns little value. There is no winning
how about good return, sounds like winning to me

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
And torts is a genius for making it known that he has a player he doesn’t like and will not be playing in a fair capacity tanking his value.
If you’re not annoyed by 10 years of shit followed by a rebuild that I don’t think has officially been branded a rebuild, you’re brain dead and following blindly.

Or you can simply put the past where it belongs instead of just continuing to be "woe is me".

People clamored for a rebuild and it's likely here and now people are like "they aren't trading everyone immediately!!!!!"

Getting value back on your top players takes time. Look at how long it took for Eichel to be traded. You don't just shove your quality pieces to the trade table and take the first offer.

how about good return, sounds like winning to me

Explain to people why Kevin Hayes was going to be a good return especially after the Taylor Hall and Ryan Johansen trades. We all saw his play for years.

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Or you can simply put the past where it belongs instead of just continuing to be "woe is me".

People clamored for a rebuild and it's likely here and now people are like "they aren't trading everyone immediately!!!!!"

Getting value back on your top players takes time. Look at how long it took for Eichel to be traded. You don't just shove your quality pieces to the trade table and take the first offer.

Explain to people why Kevin Hayes was going to be a good return especially after the Taylor Hall and Ryan Johansen trades. We all saw his play for years.
+50 point player for 3,5mil

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Nobody on here is any good at evaluating draft picks, myself included. Wait and see.
Evaluating 18 yr olds is a risky endeavor in any arena. I recently had to interview interns coming out of college. Ugh. Only a few seemed professional.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

Eichel? The guy coming off a major neck surgery that needed to prove he was still capable of playing? You’re really comparing a coach that had a player in the doghouse To a player that it was possible he wouldn’t be anywhere near the same player again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad