WWE: Finn Balor - torn labrum, vacates Universal Title, surgery

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Cue Vince Russo

"Anothuh vanillluh midghuuut who caaaan't withstaaaand the scheduuuhl of a champeeeuhn."

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
08394daa10.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This was a freak thing. He tried to see where the wall was and he arm took it wrong as a result. There is no blame here, it is just a really unfortunate accident.

I hope he steals some Cena wolverine blood to make it back for Mania and win his title back. I'm still depressed over this.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I've heard people outside of WWE speculate that he might only be out 3 months initially. Maybe that was premature speculation and further testing showed more damage, but I also think WWE is exaggerating the return date so they can do a surprise entrance at the Rumble. Just imagine the buzzer goes off, the music hits and the Demon comes out. The arena would pop like crazy.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I guess it had nothing to do with the sloppy throw towards the wall.
Didn't look all that sloppy. Finn made a mistake of sticking his arm towards where he was landing. First thing you're told not to do in the first judo/sambo/wrestling class :dunno: so I think it's just an unfortunate landing, considering how smooth Balor is in the ring.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I've heard people outside of WWE speculate that he might only be out 3 months initially. Maybe that was premature speculation and further testing showed more damage, but I also think WWE is exaggerating the return date so they can do a surprise entrance at the Rumble. Just imagine the buzzer goes off, the music hits and the Demon comes out. The arena would pop like crazy.

Hopefully not, it should be base Balor for the Rumble and then Demon Balor for Mania. It needs to be used sparingly, like it was in NXT.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well. AJ has hurt a hell of a lot more people with the Styles Clash and a)nobody really thinks he's wreck less and b) people still are using the "learn how to take it right" line.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hopefully not, it should be base Balor for the Rumble and then Demon Balor for Mania. It needs to be used sparingly, like it was in NXT.

I'd agree, but the Royal Rumble is the third largest PPV, and Balor would be making a massive return.

If you don't use the Demon there, then you are suggesting it should only happen at WrestleMania and SummerSlam

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd agree, but the Royal Rumble is the third largest PPV, and Balor would be making a massive return.

If you don't use the Demon there, then you are suggesting it should only happen at WrestleMania and SummerSlam

I think you can go either/or when it comes to the Balor return whether it's demon or not. His presence there regardless of which persona is brought out will pop huge. The demon should only be used for title matches or big rivalry matches. The Rumble, at least in this situation as a return, can go w/o it and it would work just fine.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Well. AJ has hurt a hell of a lot more people with the Styles Clash and a)nobody really thinks he's wreck less and b) people still are using the "learn how to take it right" line.

In that case, it actually is true. Wrestlers are trained to tuck their chins when bumping, the Clash goes directly against that. It just needs to be communicated that during the Clash, you need to tilt your head back.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think you can go either/or when it comes to the Balor return whether it's demon or not. His presence there regardless of which persona is brought out will pop huge. The demon should only be used for title matches or big rivalry matches. The Rumble, at least in this situation as a return, can go w/o it and it would work just fine.
I think vince wants to invest people into the demon more than we'd prefer. I agree that done right it can be either/or, Bálor has two different characters that are over.

mti79

May 11, 2007
I think the Rumble is going to be awesome this year. My guess is the WWE is overestimating the time frame on Balor's injury so that he could be a surprise entrant into the Rumble.

I also think that you could see like 12 guys from Raw and Smackdown and then 8 guys that are returning or from NXT.

Joe, Nakamura, Roode could all be entrants. Imagine the buzzer sounding and then "Glorious" hits... the place would explode.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I really hope they are overestimating it, but I don't think they are... :(

My fav guy on the roster gets given a rocket on his debut, then Seth kills him in in the match where he wins the title. Completely kills me.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
BTW - Vacant is now a 13 time World Champion, 4th all-time after Flair, Cena, and Triple H.

Vacant is also the longest reigning Universal Champion of all time with an impressive title run of 27 hours and counting, defeating the previous record of 22 hours held by Finn Balor.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00