WWE: Finn Balor - torn labrum, vacates Universal Title, surgery

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Sooo according to PWInsider...Finn may be hurt. Like surgery hurt.

WWE MAY HAVE SUFFERED ANOTHER MAJOR INJURY BLOW AT SUMMERSLAM
By Mike Johnson on 2016-08-22 02:28:00
New WWE Universal champion Finn Balor was injured during his Summerslam match against Seth Rollins, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Sources indicate that Balor was sporting his right arm in a sling following the PPV. There is concern the injury is serious and could require surgery.

In watching back the bout, Balor was grabbing briefly at his right shoulder after being nailed with a small package driver and did not raise the arm (which was holding the Universal championship) after the match.

We are told Balor will be getting examined tomorrow and once WWE has a determination on exactly how serious the injury is, they will go from there. More as we get it.

Balor is slated to appear on Good Morning America tomorrow at 8 AM Eastern.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/104227/wwe-may-have-suffered-another-major-injury-blow-at-summerslam.html?p=1

RAWs new title is off to a fantastic start. Crowd takes a crap on the title, and the new champ may be hurt.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It happened when Seth did the powerbomb into the corner barricade.

Finn reached back with his arm for some reason, and it went in really weird. I had thought he separated his shoulder when it happened, but he seemed fine.

Speaking of Joe and injuries...did he break his jaw Saturday or not?

No, it was a work.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh come on

I guess that's why he didn't raise the title up in the ring

Quick somebody interview Bret Hart

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Wow... WWE needs someone safer than Rollins right now. I've never heard of someone screw up that many times in hurting people and still keep his push like that. I mean Jesus Christ Kennedy pretty much lost his job on a bad suplex to Orton.

Bret Hart is going to be like "Told you so." He's a bit of a diva but he's right

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Balor's coming up soon on GMA, so he's there at least

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
WHY did it have to be the small package driver that hurt him! That move is dope as F

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I have yet to see the match or spot....or even sure confirmation of what spot it was (there's two listed in this thread alone).

But! Why do people instantly blame the guy giving the move? It's always been this way in wrestling seemingly. Giver gets blamed and that's it. Wrestling is a two way street and the receiver has to take it correctly too.

Not saying Seth is to blame...or Finn is to blame. It just seems to be a general thing.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hoping Finn's alright. Would be a shame if they relinquish the new belt off of its first champ after one night

No, it was a work.

Wow. Amazing selling then, I thought he seriously had his jaw broken, that makes the match even better knowing he's alright and sold it like that. Gonna rematch that match now. Hoping for a Joe call up and he gets a monster run.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"Hey, we can go to Brooklyn for Summerslam weekend and watch all your favorite wrestlers get injured."

:o

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad